- Audit to Consulting I’m looking to transition from an audit role into a consulting position in the next year. I realize there are a lot of barriers to entry, however i am trying to do as many case studies as possible in the next year and have a friend who is willing to turn in my resume from consulting for EY. For any
- mba salary catch up? whats the salary progression at your firm for those that dont get an mba? Hard to imagine I’ll catch up to the post mba TC for a senior consultant with just raises
- Switching between MBB Anyone switched (or thought about switching) between the MBB firms. I work at Bain now, but I am not sure if it's the right spot. Maybe McK or BCG would be a better fit
- Offer Letter How much time does it take for a good firm to give you a written offer letter?
- Toxic work environment How do you get out of consulting projects that you don't like without burning bridges? The partner and senior manager are pals so no point escalating to anyone in the team.
- Manufacturing Operations / Operations Strategy Hello guys! Hope you all are having a great day. I work as a Product Strategy Consultant for Deloitte US. I am looking for some fast paced startup-esque jobs in operations strategy. Essentially anything to do with product TTM reduction, portfolio rationalization etc. I would love to hear your thoug
- How to switch from 4big ERP consulting to MBB startegy? Do you guys think if it's possible at all? I have 4 years of tech consultanting experience (implementing ERP systems). How can I do this transition without going for MBA (already has Msc) ? Thanks!
- Capgemini *cyber security* vs Accenture Security? anyone have insight? capgemini posters wanted! please. and thank you
- Favorite perks? Big 4 + other firms What are some of the perks at your firm? KPMG has the following which I find valuable: - 6 weeks fully paid maternity/paternity leave on top of disability - new parents support: backup care and coaching sessions - cell phone bill reimbursed (senior and above) - pension plan - student loan refinancin
- Interviewing with Deloitte-Salary hiccup Interviewing with Deloitte in tech role in NYC, salary offer $123k for Senior Consultant . Worth it? Can it be more? Worked with EY with 4 years of experience.
- What does a career in Business/process excellence @ Acn look like? I started as a Delivery Excellent senior analyst this month, but they're calling me a business excellence lead. What's the career pathing look like for this tack? Do the margins get better?
- Looking for a Salesforce/APTTUS CPQ/CLM job Part of a mass layoff at Deloitte without any notice. I’m looking for a Functional Salesforce/APTTUS CPQ/CLM job Please comment if you know some openings in your company. Thanks!
- Low ceiling in Hawaii? I recently relocated to Hawaii within Booz Allen. I'm wondering if it's a bad move in terms of promotions and salary increase. Associate (level 3), $127k. 10 years experience. BSEE but doing data science these days.
- Accounting to what? Anyone switched out of accounting? Thinking about data science...Will KPMG pay for bootcamp?
- How can I pivot from Tax consulting to management consulting? Recent undergrad about to start ft
- Solutions Consultant at Wework I’m interviewing for a Solutions Consultant role at WeWork! What are the kind of questions I can expect and package information? Thanks in advance!
- Recruiter offered 145k at D for SC. I asked for closer to 160k or if there was wiggle room. Do they ever withdraw offer letters if you negotiate? Kinda worried.
- Salary in Houston ? How is $160k base in Houston + 20% annual bonus ?? Currently in SF Bay area making $125 base. Suggestion please ?
- Salesforce developer interview at big companies like amazon,Facebook,LinkedIn? Hi! Does anyone have any experience of salesforce developer interviews at the below mentioned companies. Do they ask algorithms and DS in these interview or is it just related to apex/salesforce domain specific?
- Post-MBB struggle Recently left MBB to join industry, it’s a relatively mature / tech-fwd company but I am struggling with the speed there, and am bored / find a lot of meetings inefficient and pointless. I am pretty high strung even for MBB and I know I would struggle with the new mindset shift and new way of workin
- Does your firm allow local small businesses to set up a booth? Example: a local business sets up a booth in office and tries to make sales on a given day of the week. Different businesses rotate week by week. Or something similar? If so, what firm and location? Thanks!
- vote Is the consulting all travel lifestyle really worth it in long run? Is the consulting all travel lifestyle really worth it in long run?
- Do the Big4s hire H1s anymore? Is anyone aware if they are hiring H1s in consulting and management roles?
- Does Deloitte do Internal Transfers to different country I want to know if Deloitte can transfer people from USA to some other country internally in case of any visa issues or something and what is the procedure to initiate that transfer?
- Encouraging diversity What is our role in advocating for minority candidates/opportunities? Whose responsibility is it? How are corporate initiatives supported in practice?
- Employee referrals at MBB? Within the context of MBB, would a referral make a difference in getting a phone screen? I’d like to know before taking any action. Thank you!
- Fishbowl vs. Blind Which is better and why?
- Salary Benchmarking Can we do salaries across all big 4? Director (LOS/location) Salary Bonus Manager (LOS/Location) Salary Bonus Sr (LOS/Location) Salary Bonus
- vote Have you ever cheated? On your partner?
- What is the most controversial topic you have a strong opinion on? No need to be politically correct here.
- link ICE Outrage Comes to Deloitte Anyone else seeing this at their company? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/business/deloitte-ice-contract-uproar.html
- Age and Networth Too many conversations about Salary and bonus that mean nothing. I want to know how I stack up against my peers. I'll start: 31, $152,000 including 401k. Still renting so no money in a house. Single.
- Exit How was your experience leaving EY? What was the process like ? Appreciate any input. (US based employees)
- vote Have you noticed a glass ceiling in this industry? Am I the only one?
- What is the best/worse office jargon ever? Everytime someone says "circle back" I want to strangle them with my iPhone usb charger. What about you?
- Has anyone tried renting out their apartment on Airbnb? I’ve just started at BCG and have been thinking about renting out my apartment on the days I’m on-site with the client. Has anyone ever done this? If so, how has your experience been? How much time does it take up per week? If not, why would you say you haven’t done it? Too much time investment?
- Workplace Phrases What are some of your least favorite workplace phrases that just gets tossed around all the time?
- Looking to relocate to Tampa Any consulting firms hiring in Tampa? I am looking to relocate from NYC due to family reasons but can’t seem to find any decent roles. I’ve been in consulting for 14 years and have an mba from a top tier school. Looking for either consulting (in strategy & ops) or industry (FS - internal strategy).
- Real Question: how do you afford it? I barely make ends meet and my savings is laughable, yet I see plenty of associates and 1st year seniors driving luxury cars and carrying LV, Channel bags. Is it family money? Or am I missing something?
- Deloitte layoffs It seems like there are layoffs in Deloitte across functions and offices. Are other firms going through anything of the sort? Deloitte enjoyed decent revenue growth this year. I'm not sure what's the driving factor for this layoffs. Sounds like Tax was the one to take the hardest hit. Does anybody
- CPA scores are expiring FAR and REG. I have two months. Why? Should I just quit and look for an industry gig? #fml
- vote Time sheets. How honest are you? Got two associates that I've hounded for months. They continue procrastinate on this. Come on now. It's anonymous right? Where do you fall?
- At what age did you start making 6 figures? Just curious for some mental benchmarking! Other accompanying factors would be nice too like service line, city, promotion schedule, company transfers, grad school/certifications, sexual favors, etc.
- Consulting Salary Megathread Location Position Title Salary Optional - Specialization
- Going to Google. Ask me anything. Was a senior in advisory. NY metro office. I'll try to answer as many questions as I can - long as it doesn't jeopardize my identity. Go.
- Last day Very happy and excited that I will be handing in my badge and laptop later today.
- vote Fake it till you make it Do you guys agree with this statement? Does achieving success require putting on a certain persona, sometimes that conflicts with who you are? How does this apply to the Big 4?
- I ignore emails _________. When they come after 3 on Friday's.
- Starting salary What's the starting salary is at your firm for entry level? I know it varies by region, but maybe we can put area and salary? Grand Rapids is 52k.
- Officially in love with my intern It's been roughly a month since she joined. She is gorgeous, smart, and mature beyond her years. I was interested but I didn't want to come off as that guy hitting on interns. Then, I found out that she broke up with her boyfriend today. Should I ask her out or would this be frowned upon..?
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!