- Therapy DogsWtf people? Seriously? This seems like an excuse to bring your dog places it wouldn't usually be allowed. I don't mind small dogs at work, but seeing
- ECAsHow many ecas do we have in the house tonight, and what does your E stand for? Emerging? eastridge? external? excess?
- Political Diversity Having diverse opinions in the workplace is important. Just like gender, should companies hire based on political affiliation?
- Gender Pay Gap article on SAP newsI commented on the pay gap article. Now I am being pressured from management for stating my opinion. Seem to have stung into the hornets nest. Anyone
SAP / OtherkUAD07
- Anxiety disorder and communicationAnyone ever get a bad perf review for a high level peer complaining about an insufficient amount of communication? I have an anxiety disorder and thi
New / EngSKIi28
- Economic DiversityAll this talk about gender and race diversity but no talk about economic diversity. How many of you in the tech industry grew up poor? When I say poo
- “Why Silicon Valley needs quotas to solve its diversity crisis”https://work.qz.com/1237723/silicon-valley-needs-to-set-quotas-to-solve-its-diversity-crisis/ Wth did I just read...
Yelp / Engwandarkxen
- Lies, damned lies, and statisticsFrom my conversations with other male employees I find that guys like to try to make statistical arguments against “preferential” treatment of women i
Amazon / EngBallzos
- “Do the needful” and “kindly revert back with the same” still in use 🤔It’s well established that these phrases lead to negative perception of the people who use them. They’re associated (whether justified or not) with in
- Why does race matter in diversity hiring?I’m trying to understand what the benefits are specifically when using race as a hiring criteria.
- Google Snubs Easter for 18th straight yearWhy no doodle? Not even a cute bunny or eggs? I don't give a shit about religion, but still think it's lame to not do something fun for the holiday.
- Not having bidet in bathrooms is racial discrimination Certain races don’t have hair on their ass. Paper works for them. But it scratches and is unclean if you have hair. So by not giving an option to wash
- PollThey took'r jerbs !!!Do you know at least one American citizen, with tech background, who cannot find an IT job ? I saw on other topics that some people believe immigrant
Intel / Engpleb
- Aspergers/Autism Spectrum Disorder in the workplaceI'm dealing with a workplace issue in Tech in regards to having Aspergers. What's the best course of action to take if you received any disciplinary a
- PollWhat’s the oldest person you would hire with 10 years experience?Given the news of IBM’s age discrimination, what’s the oldest person you could comfortably hire with 10 year’s experience?
Capital One / Eng!!!!!!!
- Why so bitter about Indians?We try our best to come here, we get real degrees from legit US universities putting ourselves in debt and risking our family money. Most of us try to
- Religion always trumps genderThere are some religions which do not support women in the workplace as equals . I work in group where leader is one of these religions - US based rel
- Google not hiring white and Asian?Google is getting sued for pressuring their recruiters to hire non-white and non-asian people. Is there any truth to this? Will Google lose this lawsu
Prosper / Engjspaladin
- Lyft faces discrimination lawsuit https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/13/lyft-faces-discrimination-lawsuit/
- Companies that celebrate diversityWhich are the companies that best celebrate diversity and inclusion, encourage harmony, pay special attention to differently-abled people, and underst
- Diversity hiring and affirmative actionSo I think affirmative action and diversity initiatives in corporate America are broken. Companies value diversity that can be highlighted in a brochu
- Why do hispanics get diversity quota benefits?They weren't enslaved, a lot are 1st generation from Mexico or central/ South America. They have a relatively high population for a minority, they ha
- Blind’s auto-message: anti-racism is “abusive”?I wrote a discussion topic about why all people should be in solidarity with anti-racist efforts but it was auto-blocked as “abusive” or “promotional”
- Ex-Google recruiter: I was fired because I resisted “illegal” diversity effortshttps://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/03/ex-google-recruiter-i-was-fired-because-i-resisted-illegal-diversity-efforts/
- Why google's diversity quota is a good thing. CMVWe all know google is too powerful, slightly shady, in cahoots with neocons, and distrusted by Elon the savior; for them to hire for "diversity" inste
- What’s leftists’ problem with Asians?I understand some Trump voters’ problem with Asians. They are racists. But what the hell is leftists’ problem with Asians? Almost every tech company
- YouTube "purged" Asian & White male resumesAllegedly Google HR stepped in to oversee an Enron-style records purge. If there's merit to this, it sounds like there is, could spawn a sizable clas
- Google is having its Uber momentIs it a description of what "googley" means? https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/03/google-turned-a-blind-eye-to-toxic-bro-culture-lawsuit-says/
Salesforce / Eng-l
- This is why tech will not move to Midwest or Deep Southhttps://nextshark.com/dr-eugene-gu-vanderbilt-medical-center-suspend/
- Let’s talk culture. Name one positive and one negative about a culture (ethnicity or nationality). It’s ok if it’s bothI’ll start. American culture: Positive - competitive as fuck, leading us to innovate and maintain our position as a world leader (note: I said “a” w
Cisco / EngzGcY85
- Amazon Class Action - Employee Abuse Where is a good resource to find an existing lawsuit against Amazon for mistreatment/Discrimination?
- Are women hired to balance the gender ratio?I have some male friends who think that some of the female software engineers are hired only because they are women and not because of their talent. T
Microsoft / EngnzQR23
- Invisible DisabilitiesDoes anyone have advice on getting help at work for a disability that isn't visibly obvious? I don't want to have to explain my condition. I am just
- Microsoft and IBM fight over diversity chief. Thoughts??https://www.axios.com/microsoft-ibm-in-legal-fight-over-diversity-chief-2ffccd73-7bc3-428b-a520-df0654a33e6b.html
SAP / EngLeetGod
- Diversity vs Meritocracy I’ve heard it from numerous sources that team in FANG are simply less good in the name of diversity. Meaning, given 2 candidates for a job, if one is
- DiscrimationI know the President of Aureon Contact Center fired the Director of Business Development because he requested a Reasonable Accommodation. He was a goo
- PollWhat kind of South Asian are you?I’ve been running into a lot of desi / south Asian people in Tech but many were not born here. Checking to see if the blind landscape reflects this.
- Where are the People of Color?How disturbed are you by the lack of diversity in the Valley? It’s all white and Asian and not reality. I find it suffocating. Also the inequality of
- Is calling out hygiene concerns crossing the line?I have many Indian peers. I am not Indian. I have observed many Indian individuals use their hands and fingers during meal times. However this poses a