- Google onsite - what to do if you have already seen and solved this question?Some people suggest to say it out loud and get a different one. Some people suggest to fake it as if you haven't seen it. I am not a fan of faking any
- Why are places like Microsoft and Oracle considered bad places to work?Microsoft has an entire OS and full fledged office suite, not to mention an entire development ecosystem in .net. Oracle, similarly, is the developer
Chase / EngPit18
- Mentor ApproachesHow do you approach someone to become your mentor? How should one eliminate most of the possible “No”s before asking to be mentored?
Capital One / EngJohnDoe12
- Two Sigma coding testHey I am about to take the Two Sigma coding test. Does anyone who has gone through the process have any tips for what to expect? Is there any specific
Bloomberg / Engbblitgo
- Preferred Configuration management tool and whyAre Google Cloud, MS Azure and Amazon using homegrown config management tools or are they using Salt or Ansible....and why?
Capital One / PMssassy
- Cisco integrated services router team interview help - entry levelCan anyone help with what one should focus on for an interview with Cisco's integrated services router team? Position is entry level.
- How to build a gaming cpu?Couldn't afford a PC or console till now. How do I go about building my first PC. Do I even do this, over just buying a laptop? Call it naive but it's
Microsoft / EngStifler
- Does Lyft allow internal transfer to satellite offices after a year?I heard that Uber allows this and that the manager cannot necessarily block it. Does Lyft allow this? I want to work in Lyft but it seems that right n
Tinder / Enghfyehb
- Is Yelp on hiring freeze? I don’t see new engineering job posting from Yelp. Looks like they are on hiring freeze.
- As an experienced developer, do personal projects on my resume matter?In college, my personal projects helped me get an internship. The combination of my personal projects and internship experience helped me get my first
- Are Dynamic Programming Interview Questions Valid?I don’t understand why people ask DP questions in coding interviews. First, I don’t know a single person who can come up with DP solutions on their ow
- Upward mobility and middle managementI currently manage a team of engineers in a hardware organization at Apple and have previously been very successful as a technical leader (have invent
- Is work at FB hectic ? Is there work life balance considering you need will spend lot of time traveling to work ? Do you guys work beyond 9-5 ? I mean yes there are excepti
- Dealing with defensive codersHow do you deal with engineers that send out dirty code for review and then get all defensive when reviewers point out the flaws and request changes?
- Is it better to take a month off before you start your first job to study frameworks?Debating whether to take a month off before starting my first SWE full time job in order to learn the frameworks that were listed on the job descripti
Airbnb / EngYuyuz
- Blockchain One of my big boy buddies from WS is seeking blockchain engineering guys he would sponsor for his idea. Please give me a hit if you are from Silicon V
New / DesignYABl21
- Free mediocre school or expensive other schoolI want to put this nagging question to bed. I went to a mediocre state school for free. I could have gone to Illinois or Georgia Tech for serious mone
SEVENROOMS / EngDEADB33F
- Looking for Bloomberg referral in NYCI am looking for a Bloomberg referral in NYC for an SWE if anyone is interested. I have a year of exp and 2 internships under my belt.
Tinder / Engasdf2345
- How is SlideShare doing?I remember it used to be a pretty useful site for checking tech talk slides, and i don’t think it’s as popular nowadays, is that true? What happened?
New / EngDoorman
- How is it like to work at Niantic?How is the work life balance? What are the learning prospects? What are growth prospects? How is the future of the company looking? Any other info wil
Apple / EngSoccerFan
- Teaching + SDE in big techI love teaching, but I also love working as a developer. I'd like to spend a couple of hours a week being a CompSci Teacher/TA in a high school or uni
Microsoft / EngCrashOverr
- Data teams in MicrosoftAny good teams in Microsoft for a data engineer? Teams focused on big data technologies?
- Faking your way upI worked with this person. She was barely a passable L6 TPM at G, worked a year at a failed startup, and is now supposedly a GM at MSFT? http://www.
Facebook / PMmoveslow
- Technical papers explaining FB / G Ads systems?I’m interviewing for various Ads related PM roles. I’d like to understand as much as possible how FB / G bidding, matching delivery etc work. But The
- Looking for Lyft NYC referralHello all, I was wondering if someone could refer me for an SWE position in the NYC office of Lyft. I have 1 year of exp at my current job and 2 inter
Tinder / Engasdf2345
- How is the engineering culture at Square?Currently considering an offer at one of their remote offices. How are the engineering culture, quality, and adoption of best practices? I liked th
- FB second followup Interview !?Wow this is such a unique experience. I interviewed with fb three weeks ago. Last week, I was asked to do a followup ML interview. Today, I was asked
- If a recruiter said she would send a Hacker rank test but didn't even after I followed up twice should I move on?I'm thinking maybe I will wait a few more weeks and if I don't get it then maybe follow up one last time. Is this a bad sign?
- Google Developer Programs Engineer interviewsThree questions: 1. Do these roles require sales and/or consulting experience? 2. How are the interviews different from SWEs? 3. How should one prepar
Salesforce / Engroaster
- @apple software eng jobs on the LA area?How many iOS and macOS development jobs has @apple in the LA area? I saw an offer for an iMovie/Final Cut Pro developer based on Culver City, so ther
- Overriding __init__ of a class is not the correct way to make it a singletonhttp://code.activestate.com/recipes/52558-the-singleton-pattern-implemented-with-python/ How is the above singleton? By the time u r in init, a new i
Chase / EngPit18
- Master's degree for engineering management positions?Are candidates with Master's or PhD degrees valued more for engineering management positions? There are many managers at amazon with bachelor's degree
- Uber ATG recruitingI interviewed at Uber ATG last week in their San Francisco office. I was looking forward for a reply within next 24 -48 hours as the recruiter had men
New / EngDeathEater
- Native vs. React NativeWe’ve got a native development team at the moment but are looking to completely rebuild our apps from scratch. We’re bringing React engineers onboard
- Moving upOne thing I've never understood is how developers and engineers gain higher titles or status. I've worked with brilliant, high-level content deliverin
Ellucian / EngKFKenny
- Engineering to TPM. What do you suggest?I am thinking of making a move from Build-Release Engineering to Technical Project Manager (TPM) of Build-Release Engineering. Do you think its a goo
Apple / EngF0X
- Why I never hear from Adobe or Salesforce?I applied online at Adobe and Salesforce but never heard from them. I had similar experience a couple of years back. This time it is for EM position.
- Folks who recently interviewed at FBI have an upcoming interview at FB. The recruiter sent me a sample coding problem. Wondering if the question is standard template or level of sample
- Anybody tried audio books?Reading books is tough for me. Thinking of audio books which I can listen to while working out 🏋 or driving . Anybody tried it? Please share thought
- Why do you enjoy being a developer?General question about why you're satisfied with your career choice. For those who are happy as a developer or SWE, why?
- The truth about counter offersI've noticed the accepted wisdom on blind is to never accept a counter offer from your current company under any circumstances. I highly disagree. Acc
Uber / Engn+1
- Improving communication between teamsHow can one improve this with minimal influence/rank? Having to deal with a hand-off process for deliverables where the recipient has no say in how th
Ellucian / EngZenoHxH
- What's Facebook cool off period for reapplying? What about applying to a different role?Failed fb onsite for the TPM role. Can anyone comment how long do I have to wait for reapplying? What about applying to a different role that is a cl
- Amazon cutting jobs because of Fresh/Prime Now consolidation?https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-amazon-cut-hundred-jobs-144111501.html Seems like the recent layoffs are in part due to the consolidation of
Teradata / Engarchxhunta