- Heard Facebook acquiring Amazon subsidiary "Twitch"..That's a biggy.. not sure why Amazon is getting rid of "Twitch"....
- What's with all this Microsoft bashing?I see a lot of Microsoft bashing in Blind and animosity towards it (some of them are from ex-msft). Microsoft is doing fantastic and its market cap w
- Software engineer SRE interviewHow is it different from software engineering interview? How many coding, unix, system design interviews?
- VP in tech branch of a finance companyOn LinkedIn I noticed that a lot of folks with 10-12 years of total experience are VPs in the engineering branch of finance companies such as Goldman
Apple / Enge=mc^2
Research Now / Engdapaps
Microsoft / PMU3xe4t
- How long to Learn PythonI'm preparing for some interviews and I was wondering from the blind community how long you think it would take to Learn Python? I am familiar with pr
- Referral at Dropbox?Hey guys I’m graduating this May and was hoping to interview at Dropbox. I’ve heard great things about the engineering culture and want to work there.
- Unpaid HomeworkNot a techie here, do you agree that tech job interviews starts with a lot of unpaid homework, in fact more than any other industry even though there
New / OpsMlp098
- Is it hiring season?Ive gotten emails from Microsoft & Google today to start the recruiting process. Also interviewing with Playstation. Holy fuck, I have to study my as
SRG Studios PR / EngAnonLama
- What do the TopCoders, CodeJam finalists work on at their respective companiesWondering what kind of work do folks perform on a day to day basis. The folks who are red in TopCoder and CodeJam top 100/finalists. Do they look dow
- Would this be a good LP example for Amazon and if so which one would it be or it's several?There were some unusual decisions that people were grumbling about such as selecting food at department lunches that wasn't good for vegetarians or sc
- Google interview2 of my friends gave google interviews onsite. Both of them were asked questions that were stack over flow questions(mind you not geeks for geeks or l
- Data Engineering at Dropbox Hi Dropbox folks, I have an onsite interview coming up for Data Engineer role in Dropbox. I wanted to know how good the Data Engineering role at Drop
Amazon / EngAmazinc
- Referral request- Airbnb- Data Science Hi, is anyone willing to refer at Airbnb for data science positions? Thank you.
- Dropbox API teamAny input on the Dropbox API team? I have an onsite with them next week. Also, what can I expect in the multi threading/concurrency interview? Any h
- Flipkart Walmart dealHow will Flipkart's part acquisition by Walmart impact existing Flipkart employees?
- Designed to FailJust curious if anyone has ever found evidence of timed failure of tech products. I've often wondered if manufactures rig their devices to break afte
New / Enggtx1180
- C++@GoogleSomeone (I believe Michael Ochurch) said something about how all the interesting work at Google requires strong C++ skills and that Java was really a
SEVENROOMS / EngDEADB33F
- What do I do?I came to Microsoft some time ago. It was my dream company, it was the reason I became a Softwage Engineer when I was a kid in school ~15 years ago.
- Blind has become cscareerquestionsThere used to be meaningful discussions about career advancement but now it's just a bunch of people who are obsessed with getting into FANG companies
HPE / Engillmatic
- Best way to start learning how to codeOne of my friend wants to get into a coding bootcamp and would like to be well prepared in order to have more chance to get accepted. Is there any re
Checkr / EngMoney 💰
- Facebook front end interviews What sort of questions are asked in Facebook front end interviews at Menlo Park? The recruiter has been very vague but mentioned it was CS fundamental
- QuoraPeople who work at quora, how is the company doing internally? How is the mood in the engineering team? I am considering if I should interview with th
Google / EngTupak
- How well is Informatica (Redwood City) doing. Insights and reviews?How's the work culture and projects there in software development.
Ericsson / Engoye.lucky
- How to get into a Machine Learning job with zero work experience?Please ignore if you think my question is a blunder. I would like to know if it is possible to get into the Machine Learning space with zero work exp
- Scaling/system design/solutionsarchitectureHey friends, Can you guys point me to good resources on the above mentioned topic? I see these areas as my weakness and want to build my knowledge. T
- How to turn down bad candidates early during interview I interview people and I get candidates who can’t reverse key values in a dictionary / obj, and then some struggle with detecting a palindrome. It’s s
- Should I stay to lead a new project, or go elsewhere?I’ve been at my company (no-name, relatively small, very profitable) for 2.5 years. Promoted to Lead Engineer in January. Despite my title, I’m not do
Referral Exchange, Inc. / EngKWcf85
- Hiring Sr SWE @ NetflixPrivate message me a copy of your resume / LinkedIn profile if you are interested in exploring opportunities at Netflix. I have a few roles on my team
Netflix / MGMTHiring
- AWS Systems Development Engineer vs Software Development EngineerAWS on-site went decently well, but the recruiter is saying they would rather bring me on as a Systems Development Engineer instead of Software due to
- Switching from IC to Engineering manager on H1BAnyone has experience switching from a Software Engineer to an Engineering Manager role on H1B? Any problems with the H1B approvals or companies hesit
Veritas / EngOlEE86
- Preparation for cracking google/Facebook data engineer role #google #facebookCan anyone share how to crack data engineer/ software engineer role in Facebook/google. What do they mainly focus on ? Where can I find recently inter
- Why do people adore SWE work?Why do people think SWE is hard? Lmao. Seriously, they swear we’re geniuses or something. It’s the same shit day in and day out.
Google / EngTech2long
- Which companies have mostly East Asian software engineers?Just curious, I think Wish is one for example.
- PollCan you moonlight?Curious if your employment contracts/ guidelines allowed you to work with tech startups without getting in trouble. @sap @Google @amazon @Microsoft @f
LUXLOCK / PMTqd3345
- HPE StorageRecruiter for HPE Storage reached out to me about a full stack position with the supporting technical marketing department here in their Fort Collins
New / EngXhsrvhyds
- Amazon Android teams!Which part of Amazon works on developing its Android apps like Amazon or Amazon Seller? Lab 126? Is it in SF or South Bay?
Salesforce / Engjaan
- Had onsite 10 days ago, no word from recruiter yet, time to move on?Had an onsite about 10 days ago, I didn’t do the design round so well. Recruiter reached out 4 days after the interview and said they are wrapping up
- PollHow many hours do you code per day?How many hours (combined) of uninterrupted coding sessions you do per day?
New / EngAftershock
- Life Changing BooksShare the books that changed you and your perceptions. Let me start Spiritualality 1. Autobiography of a Yogi 2. The Secret Finance 1. The Intelli
Intuitive Surgical / Otherbigpocket
- I just arrived in Vancouver, C/C++ Software Engineer, I am looking for interviewsHello all, I just arrived (from France), in Vancouver (Canada) with my Permanent Resident confirmation now validated. How can I get noticed to get in
GE / Engkounkou