- How much does a financial adviser cost?And do you have recommendations? Should I just buy index funds and shut up?
- Poll200K. Buy house vs Rent+Index funds investmentI have 200K plus 100K(401K). I live in rented apartment. Should I spend 200K as down payment to buy townhouse or should I invest it on ETFs by keep st
- Which ETF fund should I invest?I want to sell my facebook stocks and diversify by investing in an ETF fund. Any tips or recommendations on how to do so or which fund to invest into?
- Taxes for a new person in the USHi, I moved from Canada to the US in Aug 2016. Amazon hired Deloitte and got all my taxes done through them for the year 2016 in both the US and Cana
- PollNext economic shock What and when will be the next economic shock? We seem to have weathered rising interest rate storm with steadily rising yield curve. What’s next?
- Ally Bank / capital one 360 savings accountDoes anyone use them? Im wondering if it is a workable solution to move out of Wells Fargo into one of them so I can get some interest money for the.
Amazon / EngThinking.
- REIT or more into sp 500?Have about 10k to add to my portfolio I’m pretty much all equities. Really interested in REIT but I’m younger so steady stream of income isn’t needed
- Stay away from WealthfrontToday morning, I initiated withdrawing my funds on Wealthfront. For extra security, they sent an e-mail for verification. I verified, a couple of time
Maxim Integrated / EngOesy33
- Peter Thiel has a position of 1.9m shares of SVXY puts by end of last year?SVXY was trading at 120-130 at end of last year, now about 12. He likely made $90 for each share. That’s about $170m profit. HOLY CRAP. What a fucking
- PollI have 100K in my bank account.I have 100K in my bank account.I would like to see that money to appreciate. What are the options I have?
- Sell stocks/RSUs or keep invested ??I’m planning to buy my 2nd house by the end of the year and put ~$400k down. Since my portfolio is depending lot on the stock market, should I cash o
- Where do you put your high-risk investments besides cryptoIf you can set aside 1% of your cash (includes cashable equity) and use it for some high risk investments, what would you do? You can basically assume
- Pros and cons of first home Can someone tell pros and cons for renting the first home without staying ? Thank you !
- Opportunities in VancouverAnyone know of opportunities for Finance majors in Vancouver (Canada) area?
Amazon / Engkvj
- Recommend resources for personal finance Hi all, I would like to start planning for my personal finance. Can you recommend some books / websites / podcasts / any other resources for me to st
- Best city to buy investment/rental homes?Looking for cities where I can invest in buying homes with good returns in rentals.
- Realestate investment Austin or bay areaI have a bit of money for a 20% down payment of a $450k house. I was thinking of byuing a rental property in either in walnutcreek area or Austin Texa
- Shut up Shut up about the damn correction it’s annoying as hell. Stocks are not short term investments and you shouldn’t put all of your money into just stock
- Best strategy to update current holdingsCurrently holding a good chunk of Apple stocks in Fidelity that was 401k money. Thinking of selling all of them soon, and reinvest to retirement fund,
New / MGMTEPhn40224
- Become a pass-thru for the tax cut?Have any highly paid CA tax payers looked into getting paid through a pass-through corp to get the 20% (edit: not 23%) tax deduction, especially with
- PollMarket will undergo correction untill DOW reaches.....I believe the perception shared by this community may determine the bottom of the dip since most of you belong to 1%.
- Stock lot saleif I buy stocks in lots and want to sell, what is rule for tax basis, is it Fifo Lifo or any-lot-order? E.g: Lot1: bought 10 shares of ABC@10each
- Wealthfront + BettermentWas trying to use Betterment and Wealthfront together to compare their performance. Seems that this approach is BS for tax loss harvesting. Now, I swi
- Not trying to time the market, but should I wait to buy vanguard funds?So, I was going to buy 20k in index funds but forgot, and thank god I forgot!! Now everything is on sale, even more than last week, but where are thin
- Wealthfront VS betterment VS vanguardWhy not use all 3?some people are saying it's bad to use all 3, is it not diversifying yourself? I'm confused why it's harmful to use more than 1
Salesforce / EngmtsSalary
- Anyone from FB Finance?How is the work culture and growth prospect for Finance at FB? Can someone please share? Folks outside of Finance can also comment. Much appreciate al
- Sell FB stocks and buy FDN or PNQI instead?I am working at Facebook and have $350K FB stocks in my stock account. Should I sell them and buy FDN or PNQI instead for long term investment? Owning
- Credit Repair CompaniesI am currently rebuilding my credit. I have about 5 late payments from a year ago. My score is stuck in the 650 range. I have 4 credit cards and an au
- 5% cashback & rewards credit card w/o capHate opening multiple store cards for 5% rewards. Any credit card on market offering 5% for everything without a quarterly cap ?
- In financial industry,what’s the main form of recruitment?Seekers Searching via the linkedln? Or recommended? Or via job hunters?
New / DesignYABl21
- Life insuranceI'm 37 married with one child. I'm considering taking out a life insurance policy. Something like a $2mm policy over next 20 years. If you have invest
PayPal / PMfL3131
- What’s going on with Bellevue Realestate?Is it a good time to buy a house in Bellevue? Listing to offer price ratios are insane people are putting 20-25% more than the listing price irrespect
Microsoft / Engstevejo
Google / EngTapioca
New / DesignYABl21
- I want to creat a financial website for Chinese marketThe site is Q and A, discussion, full of high-quality articles,
New / DesignYABl21
- Wealthfront back stabs communityWealthfront is going to drop their free management of funds for less than 10k. Old accounts are grandfathered in. I picked wealthfront since I liked