- Best HW Discipline at FAANG? Currently a Junior studying Mechanical Engineering. Thinking about pursuing a masters/PhD in BME, mechatronics, or materials science. Also considering IP Law. Was curious which career path would take me to earn the highest TC and how many yoe would be necessary. Current TC, 29k.
- Broadcom offer hw Dv 6yoe No sign on (is this common at bcom)? 150k base 190k rsu over 4 If I really want a sign on do you think it would be negotiable? Rec said we don't do sign on. But give higher initial grant Thanks
- Google HC review - what matters? Going for HC review for DV role in infra team, what are the chances? What counts ? Recruiter says feedback is good but HC makes final call so fingers crossed, does that mean it’s not a slam dunk and have some concerns? If you guys can share your experience that would be great!
- Annapurna Labs Digital Design Interview (is this a joke?) So I had a phone interview with Amazon (Annapurna Labs) this week. Interview questions were straight forward and were regarding CDC. They asked to code a FIFO (which I made sure can compile afterwards). After answering every question correctly and with details, I am getting this freaking email that
- Innovium Work Culture Hello Blinders, How's the work culture at Innovium? How are the teams there? Also, any suggestions for on-site interviews(DV engineer)? @Innovium TC: 125
- Microsoft Hololens Design Verification Interviews I see a lot of folks here that have recently been interviewed for this position and would love to get some tips. What’s is the general TC you are looking at? What sort of interview can I expect? Are the rounds mainly coding? Or are there brainstorming ones on architecture and testbench? My main s
- Need Qualcomm referral Someone who is hiring for Design Verification Engineer in Qualcomm Santa Clara or San Diego. Please DM me. I have 3 years experience in Verification using SV and UVM
- Referral for Facebook Looking out for some help/referral here. I’m looking at few product lead or product manager roles at Facebook and a referral would be great. Let me know. Thank You. 😀
- Apple SEG ASIC design- do u feel that you are pigeonholed in your job ? Title says it all. Do you feel that there is little room to increase breadth of knowledge ?
- Google HW expectation Just exploring... What kind of offer one can expect for 5 yoe for a asic role? Is it L3/4?
- Any physical design timing closure position? Looking for a change. I’ve got experience in PD/STA/CAD. More recently involved in full chip timing closure activities and willing to pursue opportunities in this area 170K/7 yoe
- Skills/courses recommended for PM roles? yoe: 4.5 domain: backend hardware
- Google HW verif/ DV Can someone share phone interview experience of Google for HW verif role ? Besides OOPs and System Verilog concepts, what can be some specific questions , if someone could help.
- Apple focal policy Does Apple give RSUs in focal ?
- Design manager skill sets and career paths In companies like Apple, Google, Nvidia, Qualcomm, AMD and Intel what kind of skill sets do design managers possess (technical skillset)? Are they experts in one domain (for eg: RTL/arch or verification or backend) and have very little to no clue of the other domains? Or have they spent few years in
- link Intel Reportedly Attempted To Downplay News About recent security issue Intel Reportedly Attempted To Downplay News About recent security issue https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/bos7y5/intel_tried_to_bribe_vu_university_amsterdam_into/ LMFAO even intel low balls those 'hush money' :P PS: Don't ever think about joining intel.
- Google ASIC team outside CA I know that they have a small team in WI. Is there any other team outside Bay Area ?
- Any good RTL design questions for interview prep? As title. Not looking for short and sweet but more of a discussion on approaching a particular design problem. Preferably front end related. Thanks. TC 200K.
- Apple Hiring freeze? Apple Reorg Is there any internal re-orgs going on in Apple HW? With the Cupertino HW group When will the hiring Begin again ?
- Resources for Digital Design Interviews There are lot of websites for interview preparation for software design, but I am finding it hard to find good resources or websites for hardware design interviews. I was reading a thread where they have a website where software folks can take mock interviews. Any such place for hardware folks?
- link ANOTHER security issue with Intel's chips https://www.tomsguide.com/us/zombieload-attack-intel-what-to-do,news-30082.html Maybe its time to buy AMD chips instead of intel's?
- Apple DV ICT3 Offer 6 yoe Cupertino Recruiter mentioned 200k TC What is a good base/bonus/rsu to target? I have competing offer at 210k
- Go for partial match or wait for a better match? I'm RTL design with a job that is rather dead end. Opportunities outside are "not quite matches" but I can do them. by match I'm looking at job duties, career development, environment. TOC is assumed. Jump or wait for better opportunity? (I'm not actually looking for advice. I'm asking for exper
- What makes you enjoy hardware development over software? Title says it all
- AWS- Annapurna labs interview Anyone interviewed/interviewing or work at AWS-Annapurna group ? Would like to know about culture, pay etc.
- Apple to Oracle? Folks, I am pursuing an opportunity in Oracle for principAl hardware engineer. Can anyone tell me about what TC I can expect? What about RSUs and bonus? Current TC 300k ICT4 yoe 10
- Google Interview I have an upcoming interview at Google for the position of HW engineer. It would be mostly related to System Verilog and UVM. Any suggestions as to how to prepare for the interview ? What type of questions would be asked ? TIA
- ASIC design opportunities seem limited I can't tell if it's the market, economy, both. Or if it's just the dying area. Seems to be a little tough getting ASIC design for the last half year. I only see Apple hiring. What's the pulse on the job market in this area right now?
- Apple HW ict3 offer eval Received verbal offer for Physical Design in Cupertino Base 140k Rsu 105k over 4 years Sign on 20k YOE ~3 Current TC: ~120k in Oregon Is this a decent offer?
- Career path in VLSI I am few years into ASIC verif/SoC val profile. I want to know what would be a good career path to follow, what kind of opportunities I should take. I know first advice I will get is to move to SW and 2nd would be gtfo from Intel. Looking for other advices from people who love being in HW. My skill
- Apple HW modem design at San Diego How is Apple HW modem design at San Diego compared to Qualcomm? Are any of these worth the switch from Broadcom? TC: 160K, Bay area
- Hardware jobs in Irvine/San Diego What are some semiconductor companies with good work culture and decent pay? Thanks! Updated: expanding my options to San Diego.
- HW jobs in Seattle?? Searched for a while... but not much real hw jobs... any thought? TC: 320
- Apple analog & mixed signal team Does one need to have a PhD degree to be considered for an interview to the Apple analog & mixed signal team ? What other qualifications are important for this role?
- What’s the best Samsung phone? Need a new phone. I don’t use my cell phone camera much but I want my phone to be fast and the battery to last. Must have a home button too. Any recommendations? Currently have iPhone 8plus but do not like it
- #layoff seeking reemployment I have over 8 years of experience in standard cell design, firmware validation and reliability. Any advice/pointers or openings you may know of would really help me now. Thanks in advance.
- What’s the fb policy about interviewing at multiple teams? I had an onsite interview with one team , however they seem to have headcount issues and trying to get a req since last 3 weeks. So I am put on hold, but the recruiter keeps telling me that I am on the top of their mind, another recruiter form a different team reached out to me and I want to explore
- Qualcomm yearly RSU refreshers band per grade May I know RSU refreshers band at Qualcomm per grade Staff engineer Senior staff engineer Thanks
- Was I low balled? YOE: 4 ASIC Physical Design Synopsys AE offer: Base: 135k RSU: 20k over 4yr Signon: 10k Bonus: 10%
- EPM at apple Just met someone who is engineering program manager and only has 5 yoe after Master’s. Do you come across people like this at Apple ? I don’t comprehend how someone can be hired directly as EPM with only 5 years exp!!
- Need opinion - OrCAD PCB Designer Standard Need opinion from System Design Engineers in the house. I plan on buying perpetual license of OrCAD PCB Designer Standard suite for my hobby design work, but wanted to find out general opinion about it from the community here. How does the standard suite stack-up against competing suites, does any
- HR ask for salary expectations what should I reply? Got an offer from Synopsys, hardware CAD team. Recruiter asks for salary expectation. How to maximize my chances of getting a great offer?
- Gchips India Thinking about joining, how’s the work atmosphere ? Any red flags?
- Does any of you contribute in Open Compute Project? I would like to know more about its viability. Would it help my career if I start contributing to it?
- Asic rtl design @ Google and Facebook Would someone who work at Google or Facebook for hw refer me for a role as a asic rtl design engineer? I would really like to join their growing team! I have 5 yoe. Thanks!
- Physical design engineer @apple Hello Ppl, I was offered a physical design engineer position few months back @Apple. I am about to join in few weeks. Whenever I tell friends or colleagues about my move, they scare me saying it is going to be very tough and stressful and do not go to physical design domain. I am anyways going to
- Job change to EDA I am working at Intel for 4 years, being paid like peanuts. I received an offer from Cadence as an AE. Should I consider moving ? Also, what is the TC I should seek ?
- Analog Design - seeking advice ~5yr experience (3yr India, 2yrs US) in Analog circuit design across domains such as PLL, High speed IO's, General purpose IO's, memory design, I'm currently working on the development of Memory arrays in one of the latest memory technology. The work is challenging with some of the great minds as te
- Apple onsite interview @Apple My onsite interview got postponed one day before schedule. Recruiter emailed me saying that job opening is on hold and now my interview is cancelled because they don't know if they will open that req again . What should I do now ? Wait for them to see if they open the req again. I have been
- Apple interview for Design verification I have onsite apple interview for design Verification role. I have 3 years experience. What topics or subjects should I expect. I studied SV and UVM so far. Some verilog
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!