- Sexist Comments at Workplace So I called out a coworker for making sexist comments at the workplace and provided some witness. Later the witness started to retaliate against me and made working at the office a lot harder. Has anyone encountered this at the workplace? How do you deal with it? I can’t record what they say becaus
- Xilinx I have offer from Xilinx to work with DSP group on latest fpga. TC 198K.. yoe 4 .. E6. Any idea if the Wireless group at Xilinx is making good revenue? Also, any views on Xilinx WLB, promotions, quality of work?
- juniper referrals any one in Juniper Networks willing to share their referrals? i have a work experience of 5 years and looking for a change.
- Google HW Does Google HW only hire experienced people?
- Apple HW to Facebook/Oculus HW Wanted to hear experiences of folks who made this switch. How is the new life? Better TC? Better WLB? More rewarding work? @Apple, @Facebook, @Oculus
- Gchips done? Heard lot of top architects are leaving. How long before they shut the group down? www.fudzilla.com/news/mobile/48719-google-loses-three-key-soc-mobile-engineers @google
- Apple group doing good? A recruiter has reached out to me and he says he has variety of options for me to decide which one I want to interview with. Can anybody offer any insights on which group/product/team is good to join at Apple? In terms of money, wlb and impact Pre Si verification +/ Emulation 5YOE @apple
- apple offer currently IC6 at nvidia TC 400k expecting an offer from apple. i really want ICT6 but recruiter suggesting mostly ICT5. Any applers can guide how difficult is ICT6?
- Functional verification to DFT verif Is switching from functional verification to DFT verification a bad choice considering the work and job opportunities?
- RTL design vs design verification career Hi everyone, I am an intern and have 2 offers at different companies. One role being design verification and other one RTL design. I mostly like programming and want to be in hardware space. My current role as an intern was some what design + verification role but I liked verification more. I think
- GM Cruise TC Any Cruisers online? Looking for TC guidance, SoC/ASIC design background, functional safety knowledge, 20 YOE. Bay area. Looking at staff/senior staff level. @Cruise #cruise
- Seniority at Google How does seniority work at Google? There are positions I may be interested in like Architect Principal Engineer Technologist Technical Program Manager Engineering Program Manager... Do some of them pay better than some others just because of the role, irrespective of the years pf experience? Do P
- Most complex design What is the most complex design that you have done in the past 2 yrs? And why was it challenging?
- Possible to work your way into ASIC design from a verification / validation background? With a bachelor's? I'm deciding which career path I'd like to pursue and I've heard chip design is pretty much impossible for new grads without a PhD. In your experience, is it possible to do a verification / validation role for a few years after school and then push for an ASIC design role?
- Salary of those joined Apple from Oracle layoffs 2017 Did Apple SEG lowball Oracle guys in 2017 layoffs? Please share your offers. How about those who joined other companies, nvidia? Qualcomm?Intel? AMD?BCM? YOE:4 TC: 150k
- Oculus Hardware Anyone in Hardware Oculus? How would you campare it to Apple or what you have heard aboit Apple? how does Oculus/Facebook view working remotely? thanks!
- Tenstorrent experience and Interview experience Does anyone know about the culture at Tenstorrent? They have offices in Austin and Toronto. Can anyone, who has interviewed with them before, share your experience? they are a AI HW design startup.
- Rtl design FIFO question Hi, Could you please help me to understand and solve the below question. There are 3 FIFO, One writing at 1mbps, Second at 2 Mbps and third at 4mbps. They all need to use the same bus, first come first access, bus throughput is 8 Mbps. Each time FIFO is read 8 bytes. Find the depth of the FIFO nee
- Looking for firmware/hardware internship referrals Asking for a talented friend and classmate, who's been having trouble getting his foot in the door. He's very competent, passionate about firmware/hardware (bought his own FPGA for fun) and easy to work with. He goes to a non-targetted university and unfortunately has a genetic condition that caus
- Intel to AMD? Is it worth it? In terms of money/impact/quality of work. @amd @intel
- stay at apple or go to uber JUMP 5yr YOE ICT4 at Apple (3 yrs in apple) 153k per year + 400k unvested over 4 years got an offer from Uber JUMP 138k per year + 55k new hire grant feel like i was lowballed? any information on how’s it like to work at JUMP and the growth/future prospects of JUMP?
- PAN transfer at Intel? This is only for Intel employees. Is there a way that one employee can move from one group to another without a req open? Just through something called PAN? I hear many managers saying that they want a member to move through PAN but the present manager will not accept and I just lose out on the opp
- ASIC Physical Design referral Would appreciate a referral for ASIC Physical Design roles. Kind people of blind, please help. :) TC: 155K Location: Bay Area YOE:8 @Apple @Google @Microsoft @Facebook @Nvidia @Intel @AMD @All or any :)
- ASIC RTL design I started applying but I’m not getting any calls. the job market in this area seems to be slowing down. if you know any teams that is hiring an RTL position and dont mind passing on my resume, it will be greatly appreciated. thanks!
- I've got 2 offers and I hope the world doesn't go to shit Before my new start date in a couple weeks, I really hope the market doesn't crash and make the offers rescind. Trump trade war and inverted yield curves are not making me feel good. anyone have this happen to them? when and details?
- Microsoft dve interview for Xbox and HoloLens Any pointers to prepare for senior DV engineer role to MS Xbox and HoloLens team?
- Reconsideration interviews at Apple. How are they ? Has anyone experienced or know how reconsideration interviews at Apple are ? How difficult they are ? I interviewed for a senior role a few months ago, they hired someone else, now the same team is expanding and they want to hire a mid level engineer. Atleast that's what recruiter told me. This one
- Offer in Bengaluru Asking for a friend. What is the good offer for semiconductor companies in Bengaluru ? 15yoe, Design Verification in a single company with 2yrs management experience Current TC: 55L INR @NVIDIA, @INTEL, @AMD, @QUALCOMM
- layoff at synopsys i heard there are layoffs at synopsys. Are the rumours true
- broadcom benifits vacation? 401k? espp? gym benefits? refreshers? bonus? etc. Thanks TC:132k
- Stock refresh for Microsoft PM L64/L65 Want is the stock refresh range. Wondering if this component varies by geography
- interview coming up with Apple SEG for PD hi all - has anyone interviewed on site with Apple Cupertino for PD position? I have an onsite scheduled for next week. Any kind of prep suggestions is very helpful for me to be better prepared. thanks
- how much base and tc can I expect for Physical Design Eng in bay area? Hi all - I am planning to move from Austin to bay area and have 1 offer and few interviews lined up. just wanted to know how the job market is and salary numbers. I have 3.5 yrs exp in Physical Design and current base is $100k , tc is $120k in Austin. How much can I expect when I move to bay area
- Microsoft ASIC poistions in bay area I see microsoft is hiring a lot in bayarea, does anyone have insight to how the team is . I would love to try it out, if someone can refer me there !! @microsoft
- Qualcomm staff design engineer range I was recently offered the position of a staff design engineer at Qualcomm, Santa clara. I have 9 yoe. I have three questions: 1. is it a good time to become part of QCOM ? 2. Can someone provide me a base and RSU range that is reasonable for this role in this geo? 3. The recruiter told me that th
- what are the imp questions i should ask start up before joining them. points to consider
- Qualcomm- Graphics hardware Engineer on site Hi, I have an on-site with Qualcomm sandiego for Entry level position. Can any one tell me about the topics I may expect questions or should be thorough of. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.
- Xilinx pay Any clue about Xilinx pay for a senior RTL engineer with experience of 4 years?
- Microsoft hardware ASIC roles in Canada Hi folks, A Canadian here. Are there Microsoft ASIC roles in Canada?
- Hardware Engineer musings! It is quite common to have good coding skills as a requirement to be considered for a job in hardware industry. I have worked with language specialists who have moved industry to be in hardware. There are several parallels between hardware and software industry. Recently I have been exploring code
- Interview Qs for FB and G ASIC postions Got an interview coming up with FB and G for ASIC design positions. Can anyone from hardware teams at FB and G give some idea on the kind of questions asked during interview? Which scripting languge is preferred? Any prep tips? @Google @Facebook
- System verilog editor whats the best system verilog editor out there ? I use gvim or sublime
- post onsite in xilinx hey any recent interviewee in Xilinx? any idea how long they take to confirm or reject after your onsite? my hr seems to be pretty ignorant of my email.
- Qcom salary and level expectations India I have recently interviewed at qcom noida office and I am expecting an offer from them soon. I wanted to know the range so that I can negotiate better. Current TC : 30LPA Yoe : 8+ @Qualcomm
- AMD pmts What is the salary range for AMD PMTS for hardware engineering? What it the level equivalent in other companies? Is it worth joining now for AMD, does the stock has any more room to grow?
- How can one apply ML/AI in Hardware? Has anyone here worked on ML/AI in hardware? Where does it apply? I have seen SDR and SDN would that fall in that category. Enlighten me, please.
- Google silicon India, how's it? I see a lot of posts about openings at Google silicon, especially India. Anyone moved there or working there recently. How's the work, design opportunities, and most importantly salaries?
- Apple Verbal Offer rescinded I cleared the onsite interview with Apple for Austin location. Recruiter called and said the feedback was good and they want to move ahead with the offer. Gave some expected salary numbers and yesterday (which was a week later) HR called and said that my offer got declined and didn’t offer any spec
- Cadence RSU How much RSU over 4 yr do Cadence folks got for level 3 role. 4 YOE What about base? 150k?
- Design verification engineers who've switched to data science or SWE, what was the transition like? Hardware jobs are stagnating. If I stayed at my current job for another five years, the kind of work for my title wouldn't be much different. It's not challenging enough. And certainly not very exciting. I'd like to learn from those of you who have made successful a transition out of hardware. That
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!