- What is nyc like for someone in their 20s, 30s?How is the social scene if you are a male software engineer coming from the bay area? Blind says the dating scene is better because of the m/f ratio.
- Best companies for Ad Sales in NYC?Looking to make a move. 15 years experience. Currently making $300K+RSUs.
Google / SalesAvoLover
- Are there any chill companies in New York?Everyone I know in NYC works ridiculous hours. Is anybody at a company with a more typical 9-5 for engineers?
- PaxosDoes anyone know this blockchain company? Got approached by their recruiter, but not sure if I should consider.
Qualcomm / EngGoHiking
- Companies in NYC still hiring new grads?I'm an undergrad graduating in May. What companies are still hiring new grads? Seems like most companies have finished hiring new grads for the season
Pitney Bowes / Engλ
- A nice NYT article about tech scene in NYChttps://nyti.ms/2BiFCUW if you hate the social scene in west coast, go east!
- Stripe New York Does Stripe have an engineering team at New York? Only saw non-tech openings from their website.
Qualcomm / EngGoHiking
- YextYext seems like a really cool company with a lot of young engineers and a really fun work culture. Some of their upcoming projects are extremely excit
- AirbnbCan anyone provide some insight into the AirBnB office in New York? What is the engineering department like here, what projects are based here, and ar
- Networking in Greenwich CT. I’m in finance and just looking to meet others for networking and sharing ideas.
New / MGMTEPhn40224
- Health Insurance for startups?Hey.. founder here... anyone have resources for health insurance for 1-3 people?
LUXLOCK / PMTqO45s4
- Awesome NY companies (that are not Google or FB)?Graduating with my masters soon and I’m starting to look at the job market to see if I should switch companies. What are some great NY companies I sho
- NYC CompaniesLooking to make a move from my current job. What are the best tech companies in NYC with a strong technical presence and a good work culture?
- NYC ppl: where's a good spot for getting work done on weekends?I'd like a change of scene from the office and am looking for laptop friendly spots with good wifi. Any recommendations? I'm open to different neighbo
- LinkedIn @ NYWhat are the various SWE teams at LinkedIn NYC? How's the comp, culture, learning opportunities, and how does it stack up against other companies in t
- Good paying jobs for Software engineerHello guys, I am trying to move to N.Y. Manhattan or jersey city specifically. I am aware that there are so many companies have their offices in the r
- Moving to NyCCouple of questions: I hate commuting for folks that have moved there, How hard was it to find a place close to the office? How much do I have to be
- Technical Project Manager / Engineer salary at Google in New York?I have been working as Technical Lead for the past 5 years with heavy focus on management. I have 10-15 years of experience between working as Enginee
New / MGMThQNL57
- Anybody knows cool companies in Brooklyn?Thinking about moving to a company closer to my home. And tired of midnight release. Currently working as software engineer and using Java Spring rela
- Where to meet cute guys?Does anyone have tips or good places to meet cute, boyish guys? P.S. I am a guy
- How to change ( = improve ) the team’s work ethics / culture when your manager is one who created the current one ? The general work schedule is quite chilled out at BlackRock but my team seems to stretch the hours a bit every-freaking-day ... come early because the
- What are the top tech companies in NYC?Interested in living in NYC, but hard to justify leaving the Bay Area due to the difference in opportunities.
Lyft / EngllllIl
- What should be a good base salary for a Core Java developer with 10 years of experience in Finance in NYC ? What’s a good base + annual bonus for a java developer ?
- PollL train closure apocalypse Is moving to Williamsburg ahead of the L closure a bad idea? I’m apartment hunting now, moving to NY next month - is the L closure as awful as everyo
Tinder / Engsouthasian
- Need: VP of EngineeringDjango, vue, python, SCM, big data, unified commerce #retailtech. Must be NY based.
LUXLOCK / PMTqO45s4
- Raising funds/research for cancer treatmentI have someone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer and I am trying to do my research about it . I saw few days back that it was posted on Amazon
Google / EngAanm
- Best places to stay and commute to NYCI will be moving to NYC next year and i am looking for good neighborhoods where i can stay and commute easily to New York City. Things i am looking fo
- Hardcore Amtrak ridersI take Amtrak between NYC and DC several times a week. Question for other riders, aside from the obvious faster arrival time of Acela, have you notice
- Cryptocurrency - Legal on F1 ?Is it legal to trade/invest in Cryptocurrency via Coinbase on F1 Student Visa ?
T-Mobile / OtherMaccallan
- Good holiday parties and other December events?Just attended the R/GA and GCT parties, and it got me wondering: what else is worth attending between now and the end of December?
Lucid Software / MKTGPR Guy
- Any foreign attorneys in the group?Would it be a good decision in terms of job prospects to pursue the bar exam based on a foreign law degree ( similar to JD) without LLM or any other
- Looking for a job change Hello, I’m having 2 years of experience on RPA tools can u suggest me some good company where can I get good job
Samsung / MGMTalohahola
- Undergraduate Internships/PositionsGood Morning! Have a gap year off after I️ graduate university this May. Does anyone have any recommendations on reputable companies that would be bes
RedSquare Media / OtherGabeNY
- Suit for Spotify interview?I’m interviewing for position in New York soon at Spotify and I’m wondering Spotify is the kind of company where I should wear a suit the interview. I
- Startups in need of PR?Hey all, I recently moved to NYC and embarked on my journey as a freelancer. I’ve built the in-house PR departments at two successful startups (and o
New / EngKD1712
- Promotion - Salary IncreaseWhat is the average salary increase for promotion in %? e.g: AM to Team Lead / Team Lead to Director etc.
- Oscar Insurance - Buy or Sell?I'm interviewing there and wondering what the sense is of company culture as well as viability of business model?
Uber / OtherRgDI68
- Data Scientist / engineers in NY - how much are you making?I know there are a bunch of threads about compensation but I can’t find one for just data scientists and data engineers in NY. Doesn’t matter if you a
- Jr Development Roles in NYCI’m currently looking for a Junior Developer position in NYC and curious what companies in the city and surrounding areas offer the best training and
Orange Coast Title / Enghgs023
- Best tech companies in NYC areaRequest suggestions for best tech companies and promising start ups in NYC.
- NYC NeighborhoodsI'm a new grad moving to NYC to work at Bloomberg. Which neighborhood is the most fun to live in?
- PollDating in NYAfter five years in SF I’m fed up with dating here (and the city/tech bubble in general tbh). I’m a 30 y/o guy, make good money, and am a paradoxicall
- Compensation at BloombergI am in interview process switching from Msft Seattle to Bloomberg in NY. However after looking for apartments to rent, I found they would have to inc
- Moving to NY from TXGreat professional opportunity, and moving with family for good (wife+7/4 yo). However, it means more taxes, a smaller house, worse commute, and many