- Moving to new york just for dating?How easy is it to date in new york? I have heard mixed reviews. What about for tech people?
- Is your poop more liquid in ny (I'm serious)Literal shitpost, but real question I've had... In New York my poo consistency is much more liquid and messy. Whenever I travel anywhere else for a f
fuboTV / Eng✍️
- Changing fb offer from mpk to nyI signed my offer to join fb mpk this upcoming November, but due to recent family issues, i will need to stay in nyc for the foreseeable future. Is h
- Breaking down cost of living in New York City Can anyone living in New York City break down the cost of living there? Married +1 two years old TC of $220K Thanks!
Amazon / PMMRTG50
- Rent your bedroom couple nights a weekAnyone in NYC looking to rent their bedroom couple nights a week? I can pay. Just need a room and a bathroom. No kitchen is fine. Traveling yo NYC fo
Cisco / Engsheett
- Any one knows how Reaktor NYC is?Their business seems interesting. Approached for Sr. SWE. Does anyone know anything about their culture or tech team.
- Moved to Seattle from NYC and moved back to NYC?Has anyone moved to Seattle from NYC and then moved back to NYC for Amazon or other company? How was it to return to New York? Was it worth another m
Amazon / PMMRTG50
- Account Strategist Interview @ GoogleI will be speaking with a recruiter next week and while it’s still clearly early in the process, since I have not interview with Google before, I’d ju
New / Opsgwbj25
- Google Team Matching NYCMade it past the HC and I’m now waiting to match with a team, preferably in NYC. The recruiter has told me there has only been one interaction design
- New York Mon - ThuAnyone here travel Mon-Thu and renting in NYC? I need a room in NYC from Mon-Thu of every week for a couple of months. The room is yours when you're b
- Looking for new job Haven’t had a lot of luck lately finding a new job. I currently work as production support at a bank but looking for a product management type of role
- Facebook NYC OfficeI'm moving to NYC in June to work at Facebook. I interviewed at the Menlo Park office so I have no idea what the one in NYC is like. What do people th
Lyft / Eng[✓]
- Internal transfer from Bay Area to NYLooking for Bay Area companies with competitive pay and significant satellite presence in NY. How hard is it to do internal transfers from the Bay Are
- Data scientist salaryWhat is the salary for the data scientist position at Sparks & Honey(Omnicom) at NYC? @NYC @Datascience @Omnicom @sparks&honey
- Hobbies in NYCWith spring on its way, I Need some interesting hobbies besides technical stuff. Ideally things that boost your attractiveness.
SEVENROOMS / EngDEADB33F
- What’s the ballpark comp for VP positions in IT at Morgan Stanley? What’s a a good base + bonus estimate to give when talking to Morgan Stanley recruiters in NYC ?
- Thinking about moving from bay areaI'm thinking about moving to NY but I'm worried that it will stunt my career growth as someone in tech. I don't particularly like the bay area besides
- Best firms ( pay and culture ) to work for in NYC for a backend Java developers ? Which firms are top employers when it comes to backend Java development in NYC ?
Oscar / Engdumb|dumb
- Partnerships Team @ GoogleIt looks like there are a few partnerships roles open at Google, judging by my recent search and the threads here about them! I just submitted an app
NerdWallet / Designcathexy
Google / EngNsvi
- Where should i look for an apt?Within 30 min subway ride to the city and has garaged parking. Budget 2800/mo. Thank you.
- Software Engineering Salaries for Pivotal Labs NYCI looked at Glassdoor and it seemed rather low. How much can I expect for a senior developer with 12 years of experience? Seems like a cool place to w
Capital One / EngL337Hax0r
- Lyft Recruiting?Is Lyft NYC recruiting engineers from outside NYC at all (SDE II with 4 yrs of experience)? I have a couple referrals but haven’t heard back yet so wa
- NYC startup hiring for multiple positionsJopwell is a diversity tech startup in Union Sq. that has been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Inc., TIME, TechCrunch, Ebony, Black Enterprise, CNN
- Would you buy in Manhattan?I'm looking at 1br rental apartments, and they seem expensive, have ugly finishes, and weird layouts. Meanwhile I can find apartments for sale for 500
- Google Cloud Sales InterviewI have a Google Cloud sales/partner management job interview coming up. Does anyone have any tidbits of info they think would be useful to know? Any
- Where to live in New York? Male, single, 20sI’m accepting a role in NYC that has total comp 250k. Not a whole lot compared to some of the insane numbers you guys are sharing here, but I’m happy
Amazon / EngSirTagCR
- Study buddyAnyone willing to be a study buddy for Python Programming, and leetcode? Mock-interviews, and basically hold one another accountable for study goals?
- Tech In NYCHow are the tech companies in NYC guys? I’m working in the Bay and thinking of moving there. But not sure if my option would be too limited. So, what
- Move from Ops/PM to recruiting/HRI’ve had this burning urge over the last 2 years to leave the tech/Ad Sales side of the business (which I’ve been in for 6 years) and move to a more p
EA / PMMk0102
- Car accident in Uber as a passenger (can anyone in uber help?)This is for my friend who was a passenger in Uber that had no insurance and got into accident. So he reported it to Uber but Uber is not getting back
- Best places to rent?I'm starting a job in NYC pretty soon and am wondering where a good place to live is. I'm looking for a one bedroom but with how expensive Manhattan s
- Authentic "Pooran poli" in NYCI am new to city and trying to find a place where I can get freshly made, authentic Pooran poli. If you know any of the places, please let me know. Th
- Job market in NYCHey guys, I was just wondering about the current job situation in NYC. I used to get a couple of emails, calls, linkedin nudges from recruiters per w
- Hanging out in Greenwich CT. Anyone one in Greenwich hang out after work? Im in finance and would be interested in meeting for drinks at a local pub. Any one around?
New / MGMTEPhn40224
- Best company to be a designer at? I’m making the move to New York - I could move through amazon but I’m really burned out and would prefer a change of scenery. Any suggestions on where
- What is nyc like for someone in their 20s, 30s?How is the social scene if you are a male software engineer coming from the bay area? Blind says the dating scene is better because of the m/f ratio.
- Best companies for Ad Sales in NYC?Looking to make a move. 15 years experience. Currently making $300K+RSUs.
Google / SalesAvoLover
- Are there any chill companies in New York?Everyone I know in NYC works ridiculous hours. Is anybody at a company with a more typical 9-5 for engineers?
- PaxosDoes anyone know this blockchain company? Got approached by their recruiter, but not sure if I should consider.
Qualcomm / EngGoHiking
- Companies in NYC still hiring new grads?I'm an undergrad graduating in May. What companies are still hiring new grads? Seems like most companies have finished hiring new grads for the season
Pitney Bowes / Engλ
- A nice NYT article about tech scene in NYChttps://nyti.ms/2BiFCUW if you hate the social scene in west coast, go east!
- Stripe New York Does Stripe have an engineering team at New York? Only saw non-tech openings from their website.
Qualcomm / EngGoHiking
- YextYext seems like a really cool company with a lot of young engineers and a really fun work culture. Some of their upcoming projects are extremely excit