- How is the culture at Stripe? How would you describe the general culture at Stripe? What values do you see Stripe employees practicing in their daily work? How does culture differ between departments?
- Real estate data Where do companies such as compass find their real estate data? I’ve been having a hard time actually figuring out where to find all that data for analysis #data
- For you folks at Small Startups Is it normal for overqualified employees to work on relatively "entry level" technical analysis due to inability to hire a business analyst because of fund constraints?
- Low diversity early team? Wondering if anyone is on a team where they're feeling like a token. Have you brought it up with your boss? HR? Also don't know if I'm making as much as male colleagues as one of few females on team.
- Do you ask for the salary cap for a role? I got an offer for 105k + stock gift from a large company in ad tech. I used that as a counter for another role and when asking about salary I was told any more than 110k they would have to request approval. I was offered 100k and options from a much smaller startup I really wanted to work for. Did
- Airtable jobs Anyone do SaaS sales here? Really interested in working at Airtable. Used their prouct and am amazed by how smooth and flexible the features are. Must be a really powerful backend. Their sales team seems very seasoned and lean, and I'd like to join and learn from a team like that. Could anyone give
- Career advice - how to get out of auto? Worked for the big 3. Yoe - 3 Mostly worked on control systems, CAN, LIN, vehicle level integration How to get out of the auto industry.. Do I have an option? Should I go for a coding boot camp? Maybe focus on doing mba from a good school. What do y'all suggest.
- How promising is Lucid motors Will they be the next tesla. How long is this funding going to last. When is the company going public and/or launching the car.
- What’s it like working at a health startup Seems like there’s a ton of healthcare orgs looking to build yet another platform- Rally, Clover, Omada, Grand Rounds, Komodo, etc. What’s it like working at them? Do they actually make a difference in people’s lives for the better?
- Anyone less than 100k TC Is there anyone on blind with a less than 100k TC. Or is it just me Yoe : 3 (2 years in india +1 year in US)
- How do we solve this founder’s problem? Let’s say we have 3 person A- One who visioned the idea and theme, B - A’s Colleague who is a friend and worked on A’s idea for the client & C - A’s Colleague who is a friend and worked on A’s idea for the client. Skills: A - Design and visualize concepts. B, C - Developers with same skill set who
- Job Options - Help ! After Faraday Future and NEO, finally BYTON decides to close its business in the Silicon Valley. They already closed their office in Los Angeles and Munich. Are Tesla, SF Motors, Lucid, Karma still good enough for taking an IT, High Technology jobs there ? Please Help.
- Why a start up? Just wondering what is the value of a start up for people working there. Is it just work ethic and dreams?
- Ex-Uber/Lyft/Airbnb/decacorn startups? Now that there's been a wave of tech IPOs, what companies are a) being founded by the best PMs/engineers or b) poaching soon to be liquid top talent?
- Working at Iterable Anyone have experience with working life at Iterable?
- Working at Amplitude Anyone have experience or stories of what working at Amplitude is like?
- Anyone at Joymode in LA? What’s it like? How’s the eng dept? Any prospects of turning a profit or still riding on VC funds?
- Series C startup: engineering salaries ? Is a 250 base for an highly experienced engineer in the bay area common at a startup? I know it’s common at google etc... but do startups typically pay less then that for experienced engineers?
- De shaw india Any senior developer from De shaw India. I will be interviewed for frontend role. Any info is appreciated.
- Boomerang commerce acquisition by Lowes deal size ? Does anyone know what is the deal size ? #Lowes #BoomerangCommerce
- Companies in Bangalore with best engineering culture? Which companies in Bangalore have strong engineering culture and working on cool tech?
- 3 year old startup series A. Offer for being 17th emp. 130k + 0.1% options. Yoe. 5! ML engineering. Negotiation? How should I negotiate? I am thinking I should ask for more equity.
- Interviewing.io FAANG interviews next week. Can anyone get me in or expedited through the list?
- Gartner Going from a Startup to Gartner. Things to look out for or be aware of?
- Remote jobs I’m looking for best jobs to work remote from home due to family responsibilities. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find such tech jobs?
- Tealium What do you all know about Tealium? Would you consider working there? Why or why not?
- Sad about TC If you’re in a startup earning say around a 175-200k TC - you have around 12 yoe and there are kids with 2-3 yoe making same or more - does it make you worry that cost of living will rise to a point you can’t sustain it and you won’t have a job? How do you cope with that?
- link Qminds.io Is anyone on Qminds.io? Thoughts? Wanted to try but I wasn’t able to. Only avail on iPhone 😕 no word on Android release.
- Do startups ever get H1B quota? Just curious.
- link MoviePass Co-Founder's New Startup Must Be Stopped This is so stupid. At least the title is hilarious tho. https://gizmodo.com/moviepass-co-founders-new-startup-must-be-stopped-1833464132
- Engineering ReOrg at Marqeta - how do you feel about it? Marqeta is going through a hyper growth and with that the pain of growing as well. How do you feel about the current engineering reorg going on? Good? Bad? Neutral?
- link Canopy laid off 40% of employees It's sad to see one of the companies with a good culture struggling. https://www.accountingtoday.com/news/canopy-lays-off-nearly-half-of-staff
- Startup with no options for ICs Recently joined a startup. Asked about options during interview and they said currently there is no options to give out except to new execs. Spoke to my boss about it after I started and he said basically all the options available have been given out and they need to find a way to restructure them.
- Loyalty to your team/company I know this is probably an easy answer to some people, but what do you do if you feel some loyalty to your company because they've invested in you as a leader but you feel frustrated with consistently low comp and want to look elsewhere?
- Low TC Middle aged SWE at a startup. Lots of experience- 12+ years. Opted to work for a startup. Wanted the feel. Compromised on TC. Okay at interviews - low on confidence. But several performance awards at previous job - had a reputation for getting things done. Now feeling depressed. Can someone help? T
- What happens to options when leaving a startup? Leaving the job at the startup soon. Have around 20000 options that were granted to me with strike price around 0.4 USD. What happens to all that when I leave? Gone like the paper money it is, or I can still hold on to it? Or do I need to exercise them? Please guide. New to this.
- Evaluating your equity? Do you do it strictly based on 409A? Take into account investor valuations? Listen to the recruiter's grand vision of a multi-billion IPO? I came from FANG where RSUs are totally predictable income. Most of my coworkers came from there as well. But based on 409A the equity this startup offers is no
- How is upgrade.com doing? By loan originations and losses.
- Refresh options I feel like I didn't negotiate for enough equity when I joined 1 year ago. Is it common for startups to refresh equity? And how much of an increase is typical?
- Question about #salescomp at #slack or any #saas companies with $/user/month. I was wondering how sales reps at companies with a monthly subscription model get paid out if rate is charged at $/seat and maybe they only onboard 50% of employees in the first few months. Do reps get paid on the expected LTV? Or just a percentage of whatever comes in the door? Any Slack sales rep
- How accurate was Dan Lyons’ portrayal of Hubspot? In his book, Disrupted?
- I just wanted to make cool s*#t 🤷♂️ Hey so, Sillicon Valley is great. These perks are fun, the code is enjoyable and challenging and your startups stock options are ....stellar... But I got into coding to make cool stuff! It was appealing because of what it enabled. not because of the ... Culture? I dunno 🤷♂️ hit me Blind! You
- Except Upgrade.com rest look to be doing better What’s wrong with this company? Should I stay or leave?
- Anxiety and Impostor Syndrome in the office (Eng.) Had a quickly rising career out of University over the first 4 years. Past two or so burned out and struggled to keep up the level of work I was putting in before. Every time I try to go back it seems harder and I burn out quicker. On top of that my skills are getting rustier since I haven't been pr
- Startup Founders Need to Quit Lying Good read. https://medium.com/startup-muse/startup-founders-need-to-quit-lying-f40cf7081e6d
- WFH How much do you get to work from home? our company basically never lets us do this...and it's kind of annoying. Have you ever been successful or tried to advocate for this type of policy?
- What to do when your company is hiring unqualified candidates? Hired a designer. Gave them a title (lead) two levels (maybe three) higher than they’re functioning at. How do you let your superiors know this person will not perform? What happens if we keep hiring others under this person? Will our bar be set too low for hiring standards? Will these lower level
- California Labor Law violations? Being a salaried employee obviously requires working extended hours, however we find ourselves frequently "on-call" without an official schedule to accommodate as such. An example, I've ended my work week Friday night (m-f is my work schedule) but then Saturday morning I get a flurry of slack mess
- Which startup has the best pay? Just wondering: Which startups do you think have the best pay and or benefits??
- Company running out of funding...When's a good time to dip? Our company seems to be running out of funding. We're series B and I don't think we're going to be able to monetize properly. When's a good time to dip? I think we have maybe a year or two of runway left from the looks of it.
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!