- What is it like working at Algolia? I’m considering taking a job offer in the SF office. How do you like working there? How is working with your French colleagues?
- How is work culture in Bill.com Does anyone know how the work culture is at bill.com?
- Do you give your current employer an option to match outside offers? I recently took a few interviews as practice and surprisingly got offers that are about 15% higher base than my current salary. My employer has made it clear a couple of times that they do not negotiate salaries off cycle but I have heard of people getting a one-time bonus to keep them happy. Is it
- 🤩Excited for/Scared of😱 🌞What gets you up in the morning?🌛What keeps you up at night?
- First Job: Startup or Big Tech Company Recent new grad with two offers from security company and a big tech company. Startup company I'm currently interning at and learning a ton and seems like a lot of mentorship and guidance, but more work and longer commute. Tech stack is interesting. Clear internal issues. Other company I've intern
- Startup tiers What are the elite startups for software engineering skill/comp? Please name company names. I’m a new grad who is fortunate enough to get into a startup, Series D 200m~ funding, 120k cash + 1k stock options. I am wondering if I can climb up the startup ladder and what goals should I be reaching for
- Internship opportunities Fall 2019 I am a master's student Computer Engineering looking for internship opportunities for my fall quarter 2019. Can anyone help me please. #internship #fall 2019
- VP role eats shit 4 months in, how to manage departure? cofounder is 24/7 overbearing micromanager that relegates marketing, engineering, product, etc leads into glorified project managers. he demands tons of up-front tasks definitions and creates urgency with arbitrary and transparent fear tactics. basically, I want out. obvs I gotta learn to vet leade
- link [paid user interview, $100/hr] hello there, we are a startup based in the valley and we want to learn more about your mobile and usage behavior. we will be hosting user interviews (remote or in-person), compensation is $100/hr to participate, please fill this quick 3-minute survey https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/6iBU01 thank
- Where is silicon in "silicon valley"? Which semiconductor/vlsi startup can become a successful silicon valley company?
- Low diversity early team? Wondering if anyone is on a team where they're feeling like a token. Have you brought it up with your boss? HR? Also don't know if I'm making as much as male colleagues as one of few females on team.
- How is the culture at Stripe? How would you describe the general culture at Stripe? What values do you see Stripe employees practicing in their daily work? How does culture differ between departments?
- For you folks at Small Startups Is it normal for overqualified employees to work on relatively "entry level" technical analysis due to inability to hire a business analyst because of fund constraints?
- maximizing financial upside been a PM for 3 years now with total comp close to 200k. not much room for growth within the current company. if my goal is to continue to grow total comp ideally past the 1m annual mark, what do you guys suggest? My intiuition is that its virtually impossible to get that kindof money in tech unles
- Anyone less than 100k TC Is there anyone on blind with a less than 100k TC. Or is it just me Yoe : 3 (2 years in india +1 year in US)
- Career advice - how to get out of auto? Worked for the big 3. Yoe - 3 Mostly worked on control systems, CAN, LIN, vehicle level integration How to get out of the auto industry.. Do I have an option? Should I go for a coding boot camp? Maybe focus on doing mba from a good school. What do y'all suggest.
- How promising is Lucid motors Will they be the next tesla. How long is this funding going to last. When is the company going public and/or launching the car.
- Job Options - Help ! After Faraday Future and NEO, finally BYTON decides to close its business in the Silicon Valley. They already closed their office in Los Angeles and Munich. Are Tesla, SF Motors, Lucid, Karma still good enough for taking an IT, High Technology jobs there ? Please Help.
- How do we solve this founder’s problem? Let’s say we have 3 person A- One who visioned the idea and theme, B - A’s Colleague who is a friend and worked on A’s idea for the client & C - A’s Colleague who is a friend and worked on A’s idea for the client. Skills: A - Design and visualize concepts. B, C - Developers with same skill set who
- Do you ask for the salary cap for a role? I got an offer for 105k + stock gift from a large company in ad tech. I used that as a counter for another role and when asking about salary I was told any more than 110k they would have to request approval. I was offered 100k and options from a much smaller startup I really wanted to work for. Did
- Real estate data Where do companies such as compass find their real estate data? I’ve been having a hard time actually figuring out where to find all that data for analysis #data
- Why a start up? Just wondering what is the value of a start up for people working there. Is it just work ethic and dreams?
- 3 year old startup series A. Offer for being 17th emp. 130k + 0.1% options. Yoe. 5! ML engineering. Negotiation? How should I negotiate? I am thinking I should ask for more equity.
- Series C startup: engineering salaries ? Is a 250 base for an highly experienced engineer in the bay area common at a startup? I know it’s common at google etc... but do startups typically pay less then that for experienced engineers?
- Ex-Uber/Lyft/Airbnb/decacorn startups? Now that there's been a wave of tech IPOs, what companies are a) being founded by the best PMs/engineers or b) poaching soon to be liquid top talent?
- Airtable jobs Anyone do SaaS sales here? Really interested in working at Airtable. Used their prouct and am amazed by how smooth and flexible the features are. Must be a really powerful backend. Their sales team seems very seasoned and lean, and I'd like to join and learn from a team like that. Could anyone give
- Companies in Bangalore with best engineering culture? Which companies in Bangalore have strong engineering culture and working on cool tech?
- Remote jobs I’m looking for best jobs to work remote from home due to family responsibilities. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find such tech jobs?
- Sad about TC If you’re in a startup earning say around a 175-200k TC - you have around 12 yoe and there are kids with 2-3 yoe making same or more - does it make you worry that cost of living will rise to a point you can’t sustain it and you won’t have a job? How do you cope with that?
- What’s it like working at a health startup Seems like there’s a ton of healthcare orgs looking to build yet another platform- Rally, Clover, Omada, Grand Rounds, Komodo, etc. What’s it like working at them? Do they actually make a difference in people’s lives for the better?
- Gartner Going from a Startup to Gartner. Things to look out for or be aware of?
- What happens to options when leaving a startup? Leaving the job at the startup soon. Have around 20000 options that were granted to me with strike price around 0.4 USD. What happens to all that when I leave? Gone like the paper money it is, or I can still hold on to it? Or do I need to exercise them? Please guide. New to this.
- Engineering ReOrg at Marqeta - how do you feel about it? Marqeta is going through a hyper growth and with that the pain of growing as well. How do you feel about the current engineering reorg going on? Good? Bad? Neutral?
- Interviewing.io FAANG interviews next week. Can anyone get me in or expedited through the list?
- Boomerang commerce acquisition by Lowes deal size ? Does anyone know what is the deal size ? #Lowes #BoomerangCommerce
- Evaluating your equity? Do you do it strictly based on 409A? Take into account investor valuations? Listen to the recruiter's grand vision of a multi-billion IPO? I came from FANG where RSUs are totally predictable income. Most of my coworkers came from there as well. But based on 409A the equity this startup offers is no
- Startup with no options for ICs Recently joined a startup. Asked about options during interview and they said currently there is no options to give out except to new execs. Spoke to my boss about it after I started and he said basically all the options available have been given out and they need to find a way to restructure them.
- Loyalty to your team/company I know this is probably an easy answer to some people, but what do you do if you feel some loyalty to your company because they've invested in you as a leader but you feel frustrated with consistently low comp and want to look elsewhere?
- Low TC Middle aged SWE at a startup. Lots of experience- 12+ years. Opted to work for a startup. Wanted the feel. Compromised on TC. Okay at interviews - low on confidence. But several performance awards at previous job - had a reputation for getting things done. Now feeling depressed. Can someone help? T
- link MoviePass Co-Founder's New Startup Must Be Stopped This is so stupid. At least the title is hilarious tho. https://gizmodo.com/moviepass-co-founders-new-startup-must-be-stopped-1833464132
- Working at Iterable Anyone have experience with working life at Iterable?
- Working at Amplitude Anyone have experience or stories of what working at Amplitude is like?
- Tealium What do you all know about Tealium? Would you consider working there? Why or why not?
- Do startups ever get H1B quota? Just curious.
- Anxiety and Impostor Syndrome in the office (Eng.) Had a quickly rising career out of University over the first 4 years. Past two or so burned out and struggled to keep up the level of work I was putting in before. Every time I try to go back it seems harder and I burn out quicker. On top of that my skills are getting rustier since I haven't been pr
- Refresh options I feel like I didn't negotiate for enough equity when I joined 1 year ago. Is it common for startups to refresh equity? And how much of an increase is typical?
- WFH How much do you get to work from home? our company basically never lets us do this...and it's kind of annoying. Have you ever been successful or tried to advocate for this type of policy?
- Startup Founders Need to Quit Lying Good read. https://medium.com/startup-muse/startup-founders-need-to-quit-lying-f40cf7081e6d
- link Canopy laid off 40% of employees It's sad to see one of the companies with a good culture struggling. https://www.accountingtoday.com/news/canopy-lays-off-nearly-half-of-staff
- Too Many F-ing Meetings God damn it I feel like every day we just get have more and more reasons to set up more meetings. It's getting to the point where there are so many meetings I have so little time to actually just sit down and work. Anyone else have this problem?
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!