- De shaw india Any senior developer from De shaw India. I will be interviewed for frontend role. Any info is appreciated.
- Series C startup: engineering salaries ? Is a 250 base for an highly experienced engineer in the bay area common at a startup? I know it’s common at google etc... but do startups typically pay less then that for experienced engineers?
- Boomerang commerce acquisition by Lowes deal size ? Does anyone know what is the deal size ? #Lowes #BoomerangCommerce
- Companies in Bangalore with best engineering culture? Which companies in Bangalore have strong engineering culture and working on cool tech?
- 3 year old startup series A. Offer for being 17th emp. 130k + 0.1% options. Yoe. 5! ML engineering. Negotiation? How should I negotiate? I am thinking I should ask for more equity.
- Interviewing.io FAANG interviews next week. Can anyone get me in or expedited through the list?
- Gartner Going from a Startup to Gartner. Things to look out for or be aware of?
- Remote jobs I’m looking for best jobs to work remote from home due to family responsibilities. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find such tech jobs?
- Tealium What do you all know about Tealium? Would you consider working there? Why or why not?
- Sad about TC If you’re in a startup earning say around a 175-200k TC - you have around 12 yoe and there are kids with 2-3 yoe making same or more - does it make you worry that cost of living will rise to a point you can’t sustain it and you won’t have a job? How do you cope with that?
- link Qminds.io Is anyone on Qminds.io? Thoughts? Wanted to try but I wasn’t able to. Only avail on iPhone 😕 no word on Android release.
- Do startups ever get H1B quota? Just curious.
- link MoviePass Co-Founder's New Startup Must Be Stopped This is so stupid. At least the title is hilarious tho. https://gizmodo.com/moviepass-co-founders-new-startup-must-be-stopped-1833464132
- Engineering ReOrg at Marqeta - how do you feel about it? Marqeta is going through a hyper growth and with that the pain of growing as well. How do you feel about the current engineering reorg going on? Good? Bad? Neutral?
- Startup with no options for ICs Recently joined a startup. Asked about options during interview and they said currently there is no options to give out except to new execs. Spoke to my boss about it after I started and he said basically all the options available have been given out and they need to find a way to restructure them.
- link Canopy laid off 40% of employees It's sad to see one of the companies with a good culture struggling. https://www.accountingtoday.com/news/canopy-lays-off-nearly-half-of-staff
- Loyalty to your team/company I know this is probably an easy answer to some people, but what do you do if you feel some loyalty to your company because they've invested in you as a leader but you feel frustrated with consistently low comp and want to look elsewhere?
- What happens to options when leaving a startup? Leaving the job at the startup soon. Have around 20000 options that were granted to me with strike price around 0.4 USD. What happens to all that when I leave? Gone like the paper money it is, or I can still hold on to it? Or do I need to exercise them? Please guide. New to this.
- Low TC Middle aged SWE at a startup. Lots of experience- 12+ years. Opted to work for a startup. Wanted the feel. Compromised on TC. Okay at interviews - low on confidence. But several performance awards at previous job - had a reputation for getting things done. Now feeling depressed. Can someone help? T
- Evaluating your equity? Do you do it strictly based on 409A? Take into account investor valuations? Listen to the recruiter's grand vision of a multi-billion IPO? I came from FANG where RSUs are totally predictable income. Most of my coworkers came from there as well. But based on 409A the equity this startup offers is no
- How is upgrade.com doing? By loan originations and losses.
- Refresh options I feel like I didn't negotiate for enough equity when I joined 1 year ago. Is it common for startups to refresh equity? And how much of an increase is typical?
- Question about #salescomp at #slack or any #saas companies with $/user/month. I was wondering how sales reps at companies with a monthly subscription model get paid out if rate is charged at $/seat and maybe they only onboard 50% of employees in the first few months. Do reps get paid on the expected LTV? Or just a percentage of whatever comes in the door? Any Slack sales rep
- How accurate was Dan Lyons’ portrayal of Hubspot? In his book, Disrupted?
- I just wanted to make cool s*#t 🤷♂️ Hey so, Sillicon Valley is great. These perks are fun, the code is enjoyable and challenging and your startups stock options are ....stellar... But I got into coding to make cool stuff! It was appealing because of what it enabled. not because of the ... Culture? I dunno 🤷♂️ hit me Blind! You
- Except Upgrade.com rest look to be doing better What’s wrong with this company? Should I stay or leave?
- Anxiety and Impostor Syndrome in the office (Eng.) Had a quickly rising career out of University over the first 4 years. Past two or so burned out and struggled to keep up the level of work I was putting in before. Every time I try to go back it seems harder and I burn out quicker. On top of that my skills are getting rustier since I haven't been pr
- Startup Founders Need to Quit Lying Good read. https://medium.com/startup-muse/startup-founders-need-to-quit-lying-f40cf7081e6d
- What to do when your company is hiring unqualified candidates? Hired a designer. Gave them a title (lead) two levels (maybe three) higher than they’re functioning at. How do you let your superiors know this person will not perform? What happens if we keep hiring others under this person? Will our bar be set too low for hiring standards? Will these lower level
- WFH How much do you get to work from home? our company basically never lets us do this...and it's kind of annoying. Have you ever been successful or tried to advocate for this type of policy?
- California Labor Law violations? Being a salaried employee obviously requires working extended hours, however we find ourselves frequently "on-call" without an official schedule to accommodate as such. An example, I've ended my work week Friday night (m-f is my work schedule) but then Saturday morning I get a flurry of slack mess
- Which startup has the best pay? Just wondering: Which startups do you think have the best pay and or benefits??
- Company running out of funding...When's a good time to dip? Our company seems to be running out of funding. We're series B and I don't think we're going to be able to monetize properly. When's a good time to dip? I think we have maybe a year or two of runway left from the looks of it.
- Startup culture and incompetent people The current startup I am at has incompetent people at the top, with continuous attrition at the bottom. I wonder what happens in other startups and eventually do these people get cleaned out or just play more politics and stick around
- Boycotting NBA Because they don’t provide equal pay to women.
- Open plan offices How do y’all feel about open office layouts? I’m working on one for the first time and I find it super distracting. Previously, I have shared an office with one co-worker and also worked from home, which came with its own set of challenges. Any suggestions for dealing with a hectic office while tr
- Where would your ideal company be? Which company would you most want to move to in the future? Mine would be Netflix...
- How do you find dates in the bay area? Any ideas on the best ways to go on dates in the bay area? Granted I barely have time because of work, but those of you who have, what are the best ways to do this? I'm in my mid 20s.
- Laying employees off...advice? Our company isn't a big company -- we have maybe 30-40 employees and It seems like we're going to be laying a few people off to trim the fat...so to speak. Personally this is challenging for me because our company is so tight-knit. Anyone know about how to go about thinking about this and any advic
- Best startups in the US What do you think are some of the top startups (minus unicorns) in the US? Who's work do you think is really innovating/cool?
- Its intern season lol blind.
- Kabbage How’s Kabbage? Seems like the biggest startup in Atlanta. Anyone know what TC is like or the interview process?
- Hiring and Firing? It seems like our company has a hard time doing either of these things. When we want to hire people we can't find anyone qualified enough to do a specific job and so we have to settle for mediocre hires or struggle without a hiring at all. When we do hire someone mediocre and they turn out unable to
- F**K...What are your biggest complaints about your startup? Abusing the hide company feature...LOL Our company has way too many meetings, way too much workload and not enough pay...Is this the same for you? What are your biggest complaints? I feel like I work so long...but I don't get paid any extra...
- Small team tension Anyone work in a pretty small team/company? How do you deal with tension that builds up between people over time? We're a really close-knit startup which feels really good sometimes but also can lead to some nasty feeling conflicts.
- Product marketing Facebook Can anyone tell me what their total comp is for Facebook IC5 marketing role? Preferably product marketing
- Best places for TC + WLB in NYC? Looking to make some changes soon and curious what the most enjoyable employers are in NYC right now. Not terribly interested in FANG companies since they make you jump through too many interview hoops and low level of individual impact. What are some places with good TC, WLB, solid coworkers and in
- Dating someone at your office?! Anyone date anyone in their office? I've been seeing this girl secretly but I'm not sure if we should go for it...Our company has about 100 employees so it's quite small. Isn't too big but also not tiny. She and I don't work on the same team so we interact only sometimes when our work intersects.
- Ever hooked up with a Coworker? Work at a startup with about 40 employees ...and I hooked up with someone I worked with somewhat closely. I see them on a daily basis. They're not on the same team but our teams work together pretty often....Wtf do I do now?
- Friend wants referral; I don't want to work with him/her Happened on a few occasions now. Someone I consider a friend is interested in our openings and want a referral but if I were to be honest I don't want to work with that person nor do I wish to bring that person into the company (for various reasons). How do/would you handle these situations?
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!