- Grab startup in SeattleDoes anyone have experience with grab? I would like to know more about their work culture and work life balance ?
- Angel investing How does that work? Preferred shares? How much do people invest in series A and B startups?
- Should I go to startup?Long story short - started a startup with few friends, good potential upside (ico and equity), have an early seed investor. But I sometimes feel few o
- What are some high value applications Stripe can offer?Considering joining Stripe, really like the team and product etc. but was a bit unsure about their philosophy of being a payment infrastructure compan
- Tech startups to work for in South Bay area?Hey! What are interesting startups to work for in the South Bay Area (silicon valley)? I'm looking for interesting backend/systems work in startups.
Amazon / EngDevil dad
- Uber buying Getaround?Uber added Jump to the app a short while before acquiring. Is the Getaround partnership going to get the same outcome?
Capital One / EngKNABRIAF
- Screwed over by recruitingTook a job on pretenses of remote work, primarily so I can take care of my wife and deal with my own health problems. Recruiter stated multiple times
Ring / Otherj3zus
- United Masters?Recruiter reached out for data role at United Masters (music startup). Does anyone have insights to the company/their culture?
- How to predict market trendIf I want to establish a startup, how do I know the next upcoming thing/a genuine pain point? How do people actually end up finding one. I think a lo
- Choosing startup compI was offered 130k + .44%, or. 180k + .22% Or 240k + .1% of a $100 million startup. Which option do you think I should choose?
- Anyone applying for YC S18?If anyone gets an invite or a rejection, let's share here. Best of luck, everyone.
- Weirdest interview experience Met with cofounder (product guy) for final round today. He asked me take 1 interesting question asked in interviews of other company. He told me to wh
- Company on F1 VisaCan I register my company in India when I am on F1 visa? Moreover if my H1B gets approved will there be any legal issues? I work for Amazon in Seattl
- Leaving startup MZ should I exercise the vested optionsI have been at pre IPO startup Machine zone for 4 years. I have a good amount of ISO vested that was given at price of 0.01 per share and current valu
- Side BusinessesHow many of you own side businesses that make more than $500/mo? I have done a LOT of side projects that had many active users. I am starting to think
- What is Your Dream Startup Idea?If you received 50 million dollars tomorrow and you had to invest all the money in a company that you would commit to running for at least 3 years, wh
- Startup compReceived an offer from an early stage startup. Comp is mix of base and iso. One thing I wonder is: Strike price is deep in the money (1/3 of actual s
Google / EngRinga
- Any rdio music service lovers Anyone remember rdio(online music service). I wonder what Spotify did right that rdio couldn’t. It was the best product out there. And now #rip It wa
- Dropbox/Spotify IPOsAnyone knows what do the employees get after an IPO? I keep hearing the they get rich but how? Do they get more stocks or anything like that?
Microsoft / EngGncJ06
- Data Scientist who wants to make an app. Where do I start?As the title says, I’m currently a Data Scientist at Uber, but I’d like to build my own pretty simple app and try to grow it as a service. I’m not an
Uber / EngDS_not_eng
- PollSpotify IPOIt's going to be a gamble tomorrow... and very interesting to watch a direct offering. Will consumers invest in thier playlists? I would be musically
LUXLOCK / PMTqdh46
- Most interesting startups rn... go!Which startups (early to mid stage) have a product or service that you find particularly interesting and why?
- PollWhich companies will be gone in 10 years?Which of these companies do you think that will either go bankrupt or be fully absorbed by a larger company within 10years?
- Referral at SlackFound a position there that I am interested in and wanted to see if anyone would be willing to refer me. Thank you!
- How Does Equity Sharing Usually Work?Now, I know that ESOP’s are pretty standard for the most part, but what is a typical equity sharing agreement for the first couple employees that join
- Anyone here work for PagerDuty? Opinions on sales and presales engineering comp, culture, and benefits.PagerDuty
Insight / Salesbaseball22
- Build app without coding?I want to build a simple app without coding. Has anyone tried any tool which has pre-built templates?
- How do you find inspiration for creating a startup?I’m a senior product manager at Amazon seeking to start working on my own startup. How do you find inspiration for opening a startup while working in
Amazon / PMMRTG50
- Employee Makes Loan to Company?!?!?!Founder asked me if I would be willing to loan the company some cash if there was ever a time when money was tight. I said I could probably swing it a
- Any thoughts or solutions to this out sourcing dilemma?I'm currently working at a company that out sources quite a bit work and it's killing our product. They're 1/3 the price but we have our in-house devs
New / Design0wqb128
- Cruise in SF — ever see one driving autonomously?I live in SF and see Cruise vehicles frequently. The problem is that every time I see one, it’s clear that the safety driver is actually driving. Not
New / PMgostrong
- Thoughts on Cloud Monitoring Startups?Datadog, SignalFX, LogicMonitor...any of these cloud monitoring startups have a bright future? Worth considering joining given the number of existing
Twilio / EngbrbMe
- Midwest FundraisingSo I'm also considering trying to start my own company but see it being challenging in obtaining funding in the midwest. Beyond relocating, any advi
ADP / MGMTRunner131
- Would you move to Florida for Magic Leap?Has anyone left Bay Area for Florida? I have an offer from Magic Leap, and am considering making the move. They are paying me the same base salary as
- Opinions about using non-coders to code at a software startup Founder is has a CS bachelors and worked in industry for a while and justifies hiring (so far) only non-CS people with STEM background by suggesting t
- Upgrade, inc. is very political Guys don’t think of joining them. Rogue company. Started by corrupt CEO and full of politics.
Upgrade / MGMT0xDEADBEAF
- Are there any rockstar companies with enormous future potential?Like Facebook or Google during their initial periods, is there a startup/company that is much talked about in recent times? In any field, not just tec
- 4 Billy 4 BillyThis does not dilute existing shares. Discuss the implications of this. https://www.wsj.com/articles/silver-lake-buys-500-million-stake-in-credit-kar
- Buy More Shares or Sell Current SharesA former startup employer wants to buy back my shares at series C valuation price. They are also offering to sell me more shares at series C valuation
- Intercom new fundingThey reached out to me weeks ago and I blew it off. Did I make a mistake dismissing them?