- vote Concerned for Uber https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/nyregion/uber-new-jersey-drivers.html I’m a frequent traveller and my life without Uber would be BAD, especially in most countries where taxi experience sucks. Uber is already losing > $5B a year and I’m afraid of the domino effect this may have. What if Uber get
- link Azure is 2 years behind AWS https://www.businessinsider.com/andy-jassy-reportedly-aws-is-two-years-ahead-of-microsoft-2019-11 Satya is probably laughing 😁 #amazon #microsoft
- Bay Area to Sydney Move Anyone moved from Bay Area to Sydney and can share the pros and cons. My job profile is senior software engineer
- vote Facebook vs. Pinterest E5 which would you choose? FB: 410k + signon MLE Pinterest: 425k Ads both E5 YOE 5
- Why did you leave? To all alumni, if Facebook and Google are one of the best places to work. Why did you leave?
- paying back bonus clawback at uber i am planning to leave my company and have a clawback associated with my contract. what has your experience been with clawbacks? how do they work? any knowledge specific to uber would be useful.
- The company is about to rescind a return offer My friend and I interned at the same company a few months ago and we were told that we’re receiving our returns offers last month (my friend started and finished an internship a bit later than me). Today I received an email from the recruiter that they’re about to reconsider the headcount for the n
- vote What milestones do you feel you need to hit before you should buy a house? Multiple choice poll
- Silly titles on LinkedIn profiles What are some funny ones you’ve seen? I’ll start: experienced SDM from Amazon who went to Google/FB as a line manager and is now embarassed their position is so low —> “engineering leader”
- Can anyone refer me to Microsoft? L6 PMT in AWS. Good dude who is deeply respectful, intelligent and works out everyday. Not required to leet code but still dabble in it. Love technology, wine, and kayaking. Looking for a referral at MS as my current role is driving me into depression. Much appreciated. Have a wonderful day!
- Can you buy puts before joining a company? I may be joining a public company and want to protect myself from major stock slides. Am I allowed to buy puts before I join?
- link Uber Fined $649 Million for Saying Drivers Aren’t Employees https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/nyregion/uber-new-jersey-drivers.html New Jersey fined Uber $649 Million for Saying Drivers Aren’t Employees. New Jersey has demanded that Uber pay $649 million for years of unpaid employment taxes for its drivers, arguing that the ride-hailing company has misclas
- Microsoft New Grad Level is it possible to negotiate to L60 as a new grad software eng position when slotted for L59? offer tc: 110/25/120 @Microsoft
- Query related to L1A Hi, Asking for a friend: Not sure if anyone faced this situation. My friend is currently working as functional manager (Individual Contributor) in big tech firm( more than 50k employee) for a year in Canada. He recently got the offer to lead a team as ppl manager in US. His new manager is ready to
- Principal engineer doesnt believe in coding interviews We are attempting to hire quality candidates but our principal engineer believes we should hire anyone that can prove they can code even a little bit...the candidate they interviewed is the worst hire I have ever worked with. Not motivated, leaves work mid day regularly, doesnt learn, doesnt accompl
- FB Hiring Committee Have a potential L5 offer coming from FB. The packet was supposed to goto HC yesterday but my recruiter told that 1 person was missing yesterday and they couldn’t get a quorum. And that we need to wait until next Wednesday now. Also they said that there are apparently 2 committees that need to give
- vote Other than TC, what matters the most to you ? Other than TC, what matters the most to you ?
- Google Team matched to my 4th choice I passed HC and L5 SWE at Youtube. Initially, there're a total of 5 teams interested talking to me and I gave my preference list to the recruiter; However, my first top 3 choices are rejected cause the hiring managers went with other candidates. The 4th choice is interested in moving forward with me
- Netflix culture: Lets hear from people who love it Tell us what you like and if the "toxic" claims are exaggerated TC 265 non-tech
- Anonymous startup ideas! lets brainstorm some ideas anonymously .. ill go first
- Got first speeding ticket Got first speeding ticket for going on 45 in 30 speed limit zone and got a fine of 202 dollors(Austin) This is my first speeding ticket. .should I 1. defer it and go to probation for 90 days 2. Take defensive driving course? Which is cheaper? Why? Also during probation will ticket stay on recor
- google india L6 starting offer/tc? dear blind, can anyone share typical L6 offer base/joining bonus/joining stock for sde role at google india? thanks much!
- Google HC and leveling. Like many I'm waiting for HC and like some I've been team matched already. My understanding is that the packet put forward by the recruiter and HM (because team matching is done) has the level that they want to bring me in to. For those who get accepted, do they usually just follow the suggested le
- Disney+ Failure to Launch I'm curious to hear thoughts on why Disney+ crashed this morning. I'm sure Netflix engineers are having a good laugh. With all the their resources did they really underestimate demand?
- link Google checking account? T-mobile, apple, Robinhood and now Google. What's up with everyone getting into banking industry? How do you think will this play out? https://www.wsj.com/articles/next-in-googles-quest-for-consumer-dominancebanking-11573644601
- vote Highest Paying Employer on Average? Out of the following, which would you go to or jump to for that buttery TC for mid/senior level hires
- link Harry Shum is leaving Microsoft Any idea why? Another bike accident? https://www-geekwire-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.geekwire.com/2019/microsoft-ai-chief-harry-shum-depart-february-23-years-tech-giant/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15736697377316&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s
- time to disney+ and chill friendship with netflix is over. now disney+ is my friend. hope everyone bought jan calls!
- How to grow beard I try this every year and fail. My problem is after a week of no shaving, it starts itching a lot and I start to feel like I look messy with baby beard hairs. Successful bearders how did you deal with weeks of no shaving. TC:400K 7YOE
- Workplace by FACEBOOK feels like facebook by FACEBOOK.. from 10 years ago I used to like using FB 10 years ago. The way we use workplace now seems a lot like how facebook was used back then; only it feels a lot more forced than like a thing to be doing. I mean, it's like ship a feature write a post, change a gk write a post, have a question write a post. WhatsApp and Inst
- OCI Offer Turned Down Ok so I previously turned down an OCI offer (almost double my TC here, lvl 60) a few months ago. Its due to the frequent layoff and I expressed my concern to HR as for why turning it down. Now my dear colleague, senior level, tries to cut my throat so Im not interested in staying here. whats the p
- link DoorDash signs up restaurants without asking them https://www.wxyz.com/news/doordash-is-delivering-food-without-permission-restaurant-says “DoorDash makes money by 'RESELLING' our food at higher prices," he wrote. "They also charge more for delivery. Between the mistakes on DoorDash listing for our business and trying to take the order over the ph
- Facebook SEA team recommendations looking for team recommendations for SDE in facebook in seattle area! (or team/org to avoid) thanks!
- Offer dilemma Last week I accepted an internal offer A which is in my same broader team. This week I have received another offer B in another team within Microsoft. This would be a function change for me. this team is completely different and i dont know much about manager and culture. Assuming TC is constant
- Interviewing in Scala It seems like language is more important to interviewing than I originally thought. I usually interview in python since it's easy to code interview questions with. However, it seems like engineers will actually consider the language people interview in when evaluating a candidate. I know scala re
- I wish my performance rating was like this This was a survey by Trump campaign
- Singapore salary advise I am in talk with Autodesk for senior software engineer position in Singapore. They are offering me 120k base + 10% performance bonus + 75k RSU over 3 years. All values in SGD. Is this worth considering? Current TC - 6 million INR YOE - 8 yrs Lvl - 62 PS - Not interested in moving to US. Need eas
- I consistently get 8 hours of sleep every day. AMA struggled with sleep for a good chunk of my adult life and recently was able to figure out a routine where I get 8 hours of high quality sleep every day without any meds. AMA
- What To Do With YouTube Channel? I have a reasonably big YT channel that has coding tutorials / dev life content. I have been doing it just for fun but it got to 20k subs and started generating some income I can't ignore. I do not have any content that reveals anything I do at my company or anything that has conflict of interest. I
- vote Are you allowed to drink while working in the office? Which Company/Team
- vote Buying a new Macbook Pro 16”? Just curious who are planning to get one.
- vote Backend vs Frontend Engineer I know its more about one’s interests, but if you’re a Fullstack engineer and asked to choose (by your next employer), which one would you go for?
- Multiple comments in code review Im new to the team and I always get a great amount of comments while creating PR. Even if I copied the same pattern that was previously implemented. Most of the comments are from my teammates( the ones that wrote those patterns). Is this a kind of bullying?
- isnt it interesting... that the difference between you and the guy who retired early from FANG was just couple lc mediums
- Have 5k ish education reimbursement for a MS degree. What should I spend that on? Please!
- FB production engineering team Is #Facebook production engineering team in Boston good, bad or toxic? Thanks. A recruiter just reached out to me.
- AWS Re-Interview? Failed onsite, but I am in an urgent situation and want to reinterview if possible. Politics happening on my team, need to run. Do they keep track of IDs or emails? Can I reinterview with a different email? I forgot if they wrote down my driver license. TC : fuk me 🤦♂️
- Need urgent help on company suggestions Background: been at Microsoft 3yoe. Level 60. TC 1 tree trunk. Got into possible political fight AND I want to dodge it before I find out whether it’s lethal or not. Basically a senior employyee seems interested in killing me, and I dont want to sit here waiting for cutthroat. Skills: client/ web d
- Facebook e5 swe eligibility Can I interview for e5 at FB at 4.5 yoe? I'm only l4 at Google.
- Working at Amazon vs Facebook Which comapny pays more? Which is better or more superior? Why?
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!