- Netflix worry How worried are people at Netflix? It seems like they are just wracking up debt and about to get their lunch eaten by Disney. I think they have some decent original content, but they've never had a lot of blockbusters and they may be losing some of the ones they have plus other content. Feels like i
- Other top tech companies’ performance review as stressful as FB ? PSC = FB’s performance review process At FB I feel like (so do most other people based on the posts in FB internal group), there’s constant stress about PSC and impact. There’s a performance review cycle every 3 months, every always talks about PSC rating and impact. I feel like I am always being
- Offers from Facebook, Google, Uber and 6 others | AMA I learnt a lot about interviews from blind community. This is my effort to give back to the community. This thread is not about TC, but for the curious ones, I have multiple offers around 550k and I still negotiating, I will start another thread with comp details. Offers I got - Facebook (E6), Uber
- vote Are you ok with parents getting large amounts of parental leave while you get nothing? People get months of paid parental leave. While they're out spending months with their families and children, you get to work harder on their behalf and of course you never get to benefit because you don't want children. The childless subsidize the lives of the parents. Don't tell me raising a kid i
- Why aren’t Asians among discussions in diversity & inclusion? Asians have the highest representation among low level peons relative to the lowliest among leaders. Why aren’t Asians represented? TC: 600 Not asian.
- Google keeps hiring people that don't meet my standards I believe Google utterly fails to evaluate behavior in its interview process and makes decisions almost exclusively on hard technical skills. Two data points (which I know amount to anecdote so feel free to provide other examples): 1. I PIPed a guy who was utterly unable to collaborate with others
- Anybody running a successful side project? How much do you make per month from it?
- link Right wing uprising in India Is this true? A cricketer with no governance experience defeated a Harvard educated politician? Also, Pragya Thakur is a terrorist and he won? What is happening to India? https://thewire.in/politics/election-results-2019-narendra-modi-new-india?
- Feeling more and more attacked by anti-Chinese racism Chinese-American here. With the trade war against China and especially the Huawei case I feel like a target more and more every day. I cant even feel comfortable about being Chinese because so many Americans see China as a threat now. It's ridiculous! What did Chinese people do to deserve all this?
- What are you wasting your money on ? I'll start. Fancy pens (50-150$). I just love how they look and feel. Mostly end up using them to doodle random stuff in meetings.
- Why are people so obsessed with Google With all these lowballs and down leveling, and still think it is worth it. What it enables you to do with G on your resume? Easy offer from other companies? Which company would you want to join after staying few years at G? Why not try applying for that company now?
- Should I move to the mid west? I am 38 and have saved about a 100k in cash. I have about 1M equity in my house and another 1M in company stocks and other investments. Does it make sense to move out in the next few years to cheaper cities and live a more relaxed life? My total spend a month is about 11k. My mortgage is the bigg
- vote Drinking all day long at work I have to admit that what I am doing is wrong. But I somehow can not stop. I have recently started pouring vodka to my coffee and also drinking directly from a water bottle during the day. This is to cope with the fact that my manager and team are stressing me out. Can this bring me HR issues? I a
- vote Do you feel depressed after seeing some Blind offers? 350k - 400k for ~5 yoe is getting quite common these days. If you don’t get depressed, teach me how you handle it. Is there some book I can read to relieve?
- link Can't believe Google stored passwords in plain text https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/21/18634842/google-passwords-plain-text-g-suite-fourteen-years
- Folks on VISA - avoid Netflix I was laid off a couple of months back, started interviewing aggressively and got the VISA transfer done just on the last week of 2 month grace period. This has been traumatizing both for me and my family who depend on my VISA. Due to this short notice, I missed Google as the hiring process couldn'
- The game is changing Currently interviewing a bunch of companies. All of them allow laptop coding. Half of them are focused on practical problems (project/debugging/scripting), no leetcode. The other half is still leetcode but ones where naive solution is easy to get. Phone screen difficulty has gone up, now they are ju
- As a Software Engineer, what pieces of software impress you? I honestly find the Netflix app on my Roku to be quite impressively reliable and intuitive. What springs to mind for you?
- Apple vs Amazon. More reputation in tech industry Which one do you prefer or have more reputation when you have candidates from both Apple and Amazon in interviews? I see most of the folks from Amazon go to Google, Facebook and other top companies, rarely any posts from Apple folks. Amazon has more good engineers than Apple? @google @facebook @ne
- Microsoft L65 salary After on-site interviews, I’m asked for salary expectations for L65 engineering role at Sunnyvale location. Any idea what’s good range? Yoe: 15 TC: 275k
- Uber Manager - DM Me For Referrals Coming in peace and not looking to start any flame wars. We are now public and hence no more “paper money”. Lots of global growth potential for the company and stock is at a good price for new hires to come jump in. DM me for any referrals, and also happy to chat personally about teams, locations et
- vote Is Google banning huawei evil? Now Android become a weapon to fight other countries. Quite disappointed as it is Google, the one company I always admired.
- OCI Offer - Seattle Got around 230 tc, can I ask for a bit more? What’s the tactics? How’s work environment at OCI? avoid or recommend?
- M2 engineering leader role at Facebook Currently a Senior Manager of Development at Amazon. Considering interviewing for an M2 engineering leader role. Was told there is a coding interview. Comfortable designing systems, but I don’t code for a living anymore. Should I be leetcodind like engineers to prepare?
- Are we overpaid ? I feel that software engineers and tech industry in USA is over paid and over rated. I feel world 🌎 was better place before blind came into existence. No one knew what others were making. Ps: Software engineer, Current TC : 230k
- Getting a friend to interview for me Does Google check ID's to interview SWEs? I entered facebook with a friend passing the interview. And now I am planning to do the same with Google. No one notices since the interviewers don't work with you afterwards.
- Is 10k rsu award same as 10k in salary? Ignoring appreciation and depreciation. Selling immediately in the same year? Tc 225k
- Heard FB doesn't want H1B? Is this true? If so, why?
- How to survive a 19 hour long flight in Economy? 😩
- Best nootropics? Recommend, no modafinil or adrafinil or other drugs, just drug free alternatives, discuss pls
- vote Moved to amazon and Microsoft contacting me Should I interview? Have been at amazon for 1 month now. Tc progress 180 -> 270 -> ?
- vote How many orgasm do you give to your woman If your partner is a woman, in average, how many orgasms do you give her each time you have sex.
- L65 thinking about leaving Joined a couple of years back Thinking about leaving. Not due to bad pay. Pay is decent. Performance reviews have been awesome too. Just getting bored, not enjoying my work at all. Doesn’t look like manager has anyone else to do the shit I’m doing. Is this a crazy thought given how good perception i
- link Analyzing Netflix offer Can somebody help me analyze the following two offers? Netflix, all-cash $500k Lyft, base: $200k, $25k sign-on and 20k RSUs While Netflix all-cash number is great, you end up paying almost half of it on taxes. Their supplemental allocation is not necessarily discounted options and doesn’t yield an
- vote How much money do you need to retire? Total net worth at which you may consider retirement.
- How does one go from eng to pm .. and is it worth it TC-wise? E5, 10yoe (9 in my own startups, 1 in FB), 400k tc I don't love the swe role, and obviously poor product decisions bug the hell out of me, so I'm considering the PM track. Doesn't matter if it's within FB, another FAANG or a 50-person startup.
- Insurance after you retire / grow old Does your insurance get expensive after you retire ? Can you get on to your children’s insurance if they are working? I’m not that old but had a wake up call recently after an old neighbor couldn’t pay for his medical bills. He used to be a banker.
- Microsoft early terminated my job upon my 2-week notice Hello everyone - I am posting this so that others are warned when switching between Amazon, Google and Microsoft. I recently resigned from my job at Azure - giving two week notice and being very civil at it. I mentioned to my mgr that I was going to AWS to work on a product that did not compete wi
- Recession proof companies Which tech companies do you think are recession proof**? Lol I know I'm in an automotive industry. Would use this post build my list of target companies. ** I understand there is no company that is unaffected by recession. But let's talk about companies that do not have to layoff people like crazy
- Amazon Dress Code Nobody: Amazon Employees:
- Recent amazon principal interview experience Has anyone gone through the process? Please share your experience
- How hard is it to get promoted to SDE 2?? Want to get some comparisons amongst different orgs and different companies Do you have crunch times on the weekend as the promotion period is getting close???
- Google Onsite Code Completion I didn’t finish coding all of my google SWE L4 onsite interview questions. I worked out optimal algorithms for all problems, but the interviewers sometimes said ‘ok this is everything, I think we’ve covered everything in this problem, no need to code’ and gave me extra time to ask questions at the e
- What is UX designer’s equivalent for Leetcode? What’s the best strategy for preparing for UX design interviews?
- Does jc penny have TPMs? How is the work culture? I am looking for a more laid back company with less work load.
- link When you feel your USCIS Director is not racist “enough” https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics/l-francis-cissna-citizenship-and-immigration-services/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
- Move from Amazon to Google Any amazonians who moved to Google: what are your biggest frustrations or disappointments after the move (if any)? I am considering a move.
- Bad technical interviewer - 101 Comment bad interviewer behaviors in a technical interview so that all the interviewers out there can avoid doing these things.
- vote Best leetcode/system design split for senior level interviews? What's the best split for prepping on senior level interviews? Top tech companies only. I know that some top tier companies are starting to do away with leetcode
- vote Pick car for me Tc 380 Early 30s
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!