- vote Big dog at small company vs. small dog at F/G I got two job offers. One is managing the Data science department, reporting to VP of AI, at a public company with a few thousands employees. Total comp $400k. I have a few director level friends/allies, and it should be an easy job. It’s also in a low COL region, cheaper than SoCal. Another offer
- vote Am I insane to quit my 400k remote job? Director at current company, managing a dozen of engineers. Due to stock appreciation, TC 400k. I only work 6 hr/day if not traveling. Mainly remote, in a low COL area. Travel is about once every other month. I was happy until a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I went through the interview
- vote Wealthfront vs Ally vs Citi vs Marcus I was bored and was looking at bankrates today. Apparently Citi now offers “Accelerate” account at 2.36+. * WF = 2.57% * Ally = 2.1% * Marcus = 2.15% The cons of Citi is the rate is not transparent (last known is from the news). But I am curious (1) has anyone signed up for Citi AA, (2) would you
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- 7 Year ARM vs 30 Year Fixed Planning to lock the rate for our home soon. Ally is offering 4.25% for 30 year fixed vs 7 Year ARM is 3.75% Folks who have recently bought homes, what did you choose and why?
- vote Experienced Engineers: Did I make a bad call? I'm still a student graduating this semester and can't stop thinking about the full-time job decision I made last semester. After receiving a few offers, I filtered them down to 2 I was really interested in: Facebook, NYC: $110k base/ 10%+ bonus/ $160k/4 years stock/ $85k sign on/ ~$160k TC Two Sig