American Express Interview
- Hacking the Immigration System There's so many posts here arguing and complaining about the visa process and the immigration system in general. Most of us had the misfortune of being born in India and being subjected to long wait times. We need to take control of our lives and stop depending on the mercy of a senator or a visa
- AMEX Senior Front End Engineer? Anyone know what to expect in the interview for this position at American Express? Glassdoor says the salary is pretty decent (~$125k), curious if it's LC style and if there are multiple rounds? $95k TC / 5 YoE
- American Express Interview Almost had an interview with American Express just now. Was a Webex (gross) interview. I attempt to join via Firefox and Chrome with no luck. Just a very vague error saying it’s a browser/browser version/OS issue. This makes sense, I run Ubuntu 18. I call into the meeting instead, and am told they
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- JP Morgan VP Product/Marketing Salary interviewing for VP roles in marketing and then product marketing at JP. what are the ranges? someone told me up to $125K but someone i know just left Amex for a VP role in analytics and he got $175K and he has less than 5 yrs experience and i have around 9.
- SWE life at Visa / AMEX I made it past the first round of interviews for a senior SWE (SDDP, Visa) and a basic SWE at AMEX, and was wondering if anyone has some insight as to how life is like at both/either of those companies. Any advice for prepping their interviews would help too :D
- American Express rejection? What? I was told that I’m not technical enough and that I’m better suited for leadership. I don’t get it because I answered all of their questions. I even (very politely) corrected one of the interviewers (and the other interviewer cosigned) at some point with a technical explanation. I’m pretty insulted
- Recent interview with Amex I had two interviews with Amex two weeks ago, and it went well as per my analysis. However, I have not heard anything from the interviewers even after follow-up with them a couple of days ago. So, is this normal with this company?. I mean what should be concluded from this silence?
- Referral needed at tech roles at finance firms Hi Blind. I'm currently at Walmart Labs. I am looking to interview for sde positions at finance firms and am reaching out for referrals Chase BoA Amex Visa CapOne Credit Suisse any others i have missed. 1yoe tc -120k low col area lc-500+
- challenge on job search... Amex 12+ YOE ive been looking since Feb’19 for business strategy or product roles, primarily through linkedin or indeed. submitting resumes feels pointless, only one interview since starting the search. ive been with amex 12+ years in finance, technology and business strategy more recently. cannot figure out ex
- American Express on-site interview Have an on-site interview coming up in a few days for a Senior full stack engineer role?Anyone know what to expect.
- Using Company identity on severance package H1B Our business unit was acquired by new company last year March and they are closing down entire operations this week. We were given severance package for 3 months. I found a new full time job with local firm and starting with them next week. I am continuing to apply for other jobs - can I still use m
- Negotiation I got second verbal acceptance from Oracle (cloud infrastructure team) recently for ic2 position. Need to tell them the figure to get the formal letter. Since, I have another verbal acceptance from Amex too so how should I approach with the negotiation process with both the companies considering th
- How long is normal for team matching? Went through 3 rounds of interviews at American express and got call from hr with an offer. He said I needed to accept the verbal offer for them to proceed with team matching which I did. Now it's been a week and I haven't heard back from them nor seen a written offer. What's the norm in this situat
- Amex contractor Interviewed last week for a contractor position at AmEx in NYC. never have been a contractor before - can anyone level step what I should expect in general, and how contractors are treated/viewed?
- Referrals I was last an Account Manager with 5 YOE with mostly project management, brand and product marketing, etc. I currently have interviews with Blackrock and American Express and I'm looking for other top NYC companies to interview with. Spotify, Squarespace, etc. Thanks in advance!