- Why folks at Facebook defend their company too much? We all know Facebook is a cancer to society. They are just evil scumbag. They don't have any moral or ethical values. They just treat their customers are mere products. They don't see them as humans. For them we are just a piece of data. Recently Apple revoked their enterprise certificate. If I co
- LinkedIn better than FANG I’d rather work for LinkedIn than Facebook, Apple, Netflix or Google. Great SF location, generous compensation and benefits, great work life balance, product is more ethical (non addictive, consumer isn’t the product), good food... why would anyone choose to work for FANG? (Other than perhaps, brand
- What companies have you rejected, and why? Me: Facebook <—- Data scandal Amazon <—- culture & seemed underwhelming Apple <—- Already worked there, wanted something new Raytheon <—— Ethical reasons Twitter <—— Meh LinkedIn <—— Joined Microsoft EA <—— Wanted to join a company which had multiple products outside of gaming. Some Startups <—- Wa
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- DHH thread on Apple Card Disappointed at Apple. They seem to at least try to not be evil, but this is just sad. Don’t think I saw any apology from either them or GS. probably that’ll result in a lawsuit. however what I wonder, lets say for arguments sake, the model was accurate and the results are discriminatory. there is
- link A second Apple employee was charged with stealing self-driving car project secrets What's happening with ethics and morale to these people in Apple? https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/30/18203718/apple-self-driving-trade-secrets-china-titan
- vote Facebook vs Apple for SWE with 7 YOE In the Final stages of interviews with these two companies, have other offers but I’d like to work for one of these in my next gig. Facebook as a product company and their wlb doesn’t excite me as much but their engineering talent pool is top notch I love Apple products and their services but engi
- vote Apple vs Amazon vs Facebook, where would you work as SWE given the same TC and top teams? Apple Pro: Prestige, Employee discounts, Good refreshers Con: Secrecy Facebook Pro: Prestige, Interesting problems to solve, benefits, top pay Con: WLB, Self-consciousness, ethical practices Amazon Pro: Stock growth Con: WLB, Frugality, On-call TC:300K
- Google hardware vs Apple salaries Have an offer with google, higher end L3 and a competing offer with Apple. Will google match apples offer? Google recruiter asked to send apples offer letter, is it ethical to send it?