- My fall from grace: how I ended up at Amazon I told this story to a few MBA interns and will repeat it here. In high school, I was an academic superstar and was fortunately accepted by my dream college. I did well there, worked in finance afterwards, and then returned to my alma mater to get my MBA. I had hoped to transition into private
- How much can you trust recruiter post-interview feedback? I’d really love to know what the performance metrics are for recruiters at FANG(especially google). It is just about how many people who aren’t terrible who they can squeeze past the interviews to the HC, or are they evaluated based on their percentage of hires? I ask this because what motivates a
- Leave Amazon for MBB consulting? I'm a 2016 MBA graduate. Deeply unhappy with Amazon and Seattle and have been interviewing. I recently got an offer from one of McKinsey/BCG/Bain in NYC/LA/Chicago. I'm actually not too keen on consulting itself but am seriously considering it for the following reasons. 1. Transferable business sk
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Anyone switch from Google to Goldman Sachs (or similar) or vice versa? I've had a finance/management itch for a while and it seems cool/useful to do a stint at one of the major Investment Banks and/or Management Consulting Firms (Mckinsey, Bain, BCG etc). I've mostly seen folks from MC come "in house". I interviewed at Citadel which seemed cool but didn't want to mov
- Google Hiring Committee for experienced hire I've completed all interviews for a sales/presales engineer position at Google. They had me re-do the GCA one to get a better result, which I then aced after spending a week researching McKinsey and Bain case interviews. I did two of the five interviews with what I think is the manager of the team I