- Offer review: AMZN/Bloomberg now or maybe GOOG Currently in the offer stages and have a bit of a dilemma. Have an offer from Amazon with 160 Base, 80 Y1/60Y2, 120 shares. At 1960/share that’s about 255/year. For SWE 2. Google I have passed Hiring Committee but can’t seem to find a team. Have done two where there was no match and one found some
- Yearly raise at Bloomberg Just wanted to check with people who have worked at Bloomberg how much is the yearly raise at Bloomberg and how is the performance review system there.
- Where to stay (If work at Bloomberg NYC office) Hey, I will be soon joining Bloomberg at the NYC office and will prefer to stay within half hour travel from the office. (one side) Is staying in Hoboken/New Port a good option? Or any other area in NJ, from where I can go to Bloomberg office? I have head really pathetic reviews about PATH, so ju
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Bloomberg -> Uber New Mobilities Been at Bloomberg for ~6mo. Inteviewed at Uber, loved the team, mission, etc. Got offer from Uber NeMo. SWE I. Details: - 126,000 - 4000 shares - 11-22k Cash Bonus - 26-52k Equity Refresh - 35k signing Probably gonna take it, solid offer, great team/people and I'm really not feeling Bloombergs "te
- link Google l4 Software Solutions Engineer vs Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer Recently got two offers and have been debating about which one to go with: Google: Software Solutions Engineer l4, TC 174k, Sunnyvale Bloomberg: Senior Software Engineer, TC 170k, NYC I've never heard about the Software Solutions Engineer role at Google. Job description here: https://careers.go
- vote Please give some advise on which TC to pick. Thanks! YOE:1 year after undergrad as associate data engineer at Northwestern Mutual in NYC. My current pay is 72k and 5% bonus. After grinding leetcode every Sunday, reading data system books and online courses. I have 2 offers right now and still interviewing with Bloomberg. Offer 1: media adtech startu
- What to do about senior coworker who threw me under the bus? Upper management wants feature X. I propose architectures A, B and C, with C being my last choice due to its crudeness and unnecessary complexity. (But my manager and a manager one level above him had originally suggested it.) The senior coworker and the manager two levels above us pick C during th
- I'm a college student graduating in a month and still don't have a job. Best game plan at this point? I'm currently a college student and I'm graduating in a month. I don't have any job offers, not even safeties. At this point, it seems not many companies are hiring new grads. What's the best course of action to get a handful of interviews? Because I can hardly find any companies to even apply to, a