- Would you choose Equity vs profit share of your own startup? I have backing for a startup idea. One offer is the standard seed capital in exchange for equity. The other is no ownership but 30% profit share. Benefits of profit share is easy access to capital, security (paying a very reasonable base salary) and resources (assistance with accounting, admin supp
- Home Owners Tax Question Friend had a rental home in Bay Area; based on someone’s suggestion he did a 1031 exchange to a new home (sold the old one) and moved into new one, questions, - is he entitled to pay capital gains tax on the gain upon sell-transaction - if yes, is there any alternative to avoid it.. Anyone
- Sale of RSU vested while working in different country and tax implications. Should we pay tax in USA while selling RSU which vested while working in India(but are listed in US stock exchange).Tax was already paid in India while vesting.So,should I pay just capital gains if I sell the RSU while staying in USA.Can I get tax exemption by submitting form 1116?
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Crypto basics - pls explain Rookie here.. 1. Where can I learn about Crypto & it's investments. 2. Are these real money or just on paper ? 3. Any minimum $ to start with ? 4. Is it worth starting now (ofcourse after understanding it) 5. How risky it is compared to regular stock exchange. 6. how about Taxes? is it same like c
- Bitcoin tax implication while relocating from USA to India I bought some bitcoin on Coinbase about 3 years back and moved them to a hardware wallet. Now, I am planning to permanently relocate to India for personal reasons. 1. Can I keep my bitcoin and sell it off after may be 1 year on an Indian exchange? 2. Do I have to pay any tax to US government on ga
- crypto - cost basis and fair market value for taxes Trying to understand the new crypto taxes. Apparently with the new tax reforms, every crypto trade is a taxable event, whether it involves fiat or not. So, to trade alts, one would 1. Buy ETH on gdax - this established cost basis for ETH which is the value of ETH-USD pair on gdax. 2. Transfer eth t