- vote How on earth is Robinhood worth 5B? Someone help me understand. A couple points: - they’re going up against huge brokers already (e*trade, ameritrade) - from the outside it seems like robinhood is used mostly by millennials “playing” with stocks, who will switch to the larger brokerages with more features once they decide to invest s
- Trying to decide b/w these offers, any suggestions? Google - TAM L5 in GTech (E ladder): base - 185K equity - 150K bonus - 15% did not try to negotiate sign-on yet since not sure will take it, mainly because it would be less technical that I want and I did not yet qualify for O ladder (need to grind Leetcode more) VMWare -
- Have you considered quitting your job and just trade your Vested stock/savings? Have any of you guys thought about just quitting your job and living off of income generated by your vest stock/savings? We get a decent amount and it seems like it's possible even with small percentage gains on w/e u are given. What are your thoughts? And if you trade, would love to hear your exp
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Selling stock Has anyone tried transferring their stock to Robinhood? It says there's no transfer fee and they cover the transfer fee out for the first one. I'm a little suspicious. I have stock vesting in E-Trade and wondering if I should try it instead of selling on E-Trade
- Investment stock decisions 2018-06-19 ? We see a lot of "where do I invest" posts, I think Blind would really benefit from people sharing what stocks they're buying / selling. Shall we try this for a few days? (One thread a day because it might get too long to scroll down). Other ideas on how to find where Blind invests, are most welcome.
- Sell on Vest I have been sticking to all RSUs and ESPPs from my employer Apple Inc. so far last 5 years as I did not mind about investing principles until last December when entire market and particularly AAPL took a dive down under. Since then i’m trying to bring some discipline in investing... With that said,
- Stock transfer to Robinhood Robinhood has this new feature to transfer stocks from other brokerage. And they'll cover any fees charged by your old brokerage. Any one tried this from E-TRADE to Robinhood? Would like to hear your experience.
- Holding RSU/ESPP stock Hi all, If someone leaves Adobe India, than how long he/she can hold vested RSUs and ESPP stocks? Is there any restriction like, he/she need to sell before 1 yr or so? Account is with e*trade. Thanks,
- Capital Gains Taxes I have some stock and I’m trying to figure out how much to put away if I sell now even at short-term status. E-trade shows a grant date FMV and a purchase date FMV. Which one do i look at for tax consideration? My grant date value is about half the purchase date, but it looks like expected gain/los
- Anyone here uses TillerHQ.com? https://www.tillerhq.com/ I use Google sheets to track my investments. Once in a while, I go and update me positions/quantities in the sheet, then use GOOGLEFINANCE API to get the actual Dollar amount of my positions. I have accounts with several providers (Trad.ira & Roth ira with Fidelity, broke
- W8 vs W9 for F1 student visa I'm a F1 student currently working under OPT. The company has granted me stocks with E-Trade. I need to certify the account with either W8-BEN or W9. Which form is right for F1 student working under OPT?