- link 3 YOE - 5 Offers - Seattle I’ll lead with this: I’m a straight white guy with a neutral-American accent and US citizenship, so I have a lot of unfair advantages in life that not everyone is lucky enough to get. Blind was a big part of what inspired me to seek out higher compensation and gave me confidence in my negotiation,
- link EBay is mad at Amazon and sent them a letter Sneaky sneaky by Amazon, but shouldn’t you guys at eBay have caught this before being told by a user? “EBay sent a cease-and-desist letter to Amazon on Monday to stop the alleged recruiting practice after determining roughly 50 Amazon sales representatives world-wide sent more than 1,000 messages t
- Indian immigration issue [Not crying just trying to understand] I see lot of indians are worried about immigration and visa situation. Those who came 15-20yrs back or married to american got GC/citizenship. But most of us(f1,h1bs, their families and dependents) are waiting and has to deal with lot of issues and uncertainty.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- How to manage to hold an offer long? I just got an offer from a company X today. That's 150k base but no stock bonus. YOE: 9+. The company says I have time until Tuesday to accept the offer. I asked for more time but the company didn't agree to it. But I have on-site interviews coming up with Box next Friday and Goldman Sachs next to
- vote Is eBay a step down from SAP ? Just scored an on-site, and mostly doing interviews for practice right now. But was wondering if eBay is a step down from sap ? I am a software engineer. TC 120k Yoe : 2 years
- What should be the next logical step? I've got 3 offers in Seattle Zulily sde2, 148k+15k sign on + $95k rsu = ~190k tc eBay lvl 24, 148k+30k sign on + 45k rsu + 10% bonus= ~205k tc Chase vp, 175k + 45k bonus = ~220k tc Yoe 7 Waiting for Amazon on-site. Meanwhile these companies want an answer by EOD today/tomorrow. What's the best offe
- A guide to preparing for the system design/architecture interview Recently someone asked if it was worth brushing up on Lamport timestamps or how to implement leader elections for an architecture interview. Short answer: no. Long answer: As you become a more senior software engineer, your interviews will concentrate less on the coding questions (though that’s sti
- Bank Wire Fraud - can you help me ID the perp? Long story short, I am the victim of bank wire fraud involving an online purchase for a substantial $XXXXX loss. Seller posted a for sale ad in an online marketplace (not eBay) and we negotiated terms via email - i have used this site many times without issues but clearly got duped this time. He pro
- Ebay on-site for front end engineer Looking for some tips for front end engineer interview at EBay San Jose. Position requires 2-3yrs experience.
- link Who will buy ebay’s core marketplace business? Looks like ebay is in the process of breaking itself up into smaller companies and spinning them off or selling them to highest bidder. Exactly what Elliot investment wants to do with ebay. Ebays business units: Stubhub - $4-6 billion Ebay classified - $8-12 billion (already have suitors) Ebay cor