- Man, I feel f******. Me again. Still can't get fucking hired. Just got turned down again, 12th interview. Starting to feel like it's time to an hero. Background: 15 years experience IT Sales, Security, Personnel Management, and Project Management, no real programming experience. Experience with Nessus, nmap, Splunk,
- No one still wants to hire me? Super frustrated. Made a post a while back posting my basic anonymous credentials looking for some advice. Still can't get a job. Giving a bit more background. Background: 15 years experience IT Sales, Security, Personnel Management, and Project Management, no real programming experience. Exp
- Why some swe don’t care about comp? I work at a startup with these couple brilliant 10X engineers, much more talented than me and with more experience than me. Yet, I know they make 30% less than me and 25X less equity (!) despite having joined in the same time span. They say they don’t care about comp, they care about doing cool stu
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Still can't get hired. Feeling so lost. 3rd post about this. Turned down for 2 more positions. Background: 15 years experience IT Sales, Security, Personnel Management, and Project Management, no real programming experience. Experience with Nessus, nmap, Splunk, Active Directory, AD OU, slurm, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Exchange, Cisco and J
- Investing 200k Any ideas for investing 200k outside of stock market that would generate some cash flows? Maybe profitable real estate flips? Cash businesses? Anyone want to exchange ideas and maybe profit together?
- link Former Palo Alto Networks IT admin charged for running insider trading ring The five members allegedly generated millions of dollars in profit by trading confidential information. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced charges levied against the ringleader, Janardhan Nellore, and his friends Sivannarayana Barama, Ganapathi Kunadharaju, Saber Hussain, and
- vote How much did you lose in crypto? Poll: There is a bad side of crypto. You'll loose money, spending most of the time researching about coins, estimating future value of some xyz coin and getting depressed if it doesnt worked as expected. And lastly Day Trading. IT SUCKS. But you'll eventually learn from it. Most of the newbies do
- Bitcoin transfer There’s a difference of almost 1k$ between price of single bitcoin in Indian exchange (zebpay) vs coinbase. My friend who bought 7btc in India wants to send it to my coinbase account so that I can sell it and we can share profits. I’m not sure how this would affect my tax computations. Can someone
- Approach for Equity Someone reached out to me asking if I was interested in giving up equity of my business in exchange for what they can bring to the table in regards to sparking growth at a faster pace. The outreach came after a conversation they and I had in a casual social setting with mutual friends. Their appro
- Negotiation: Ratio for Exchanging Base to RSUs I'm negotiating an offer from a pre-IPO company that I think is going to do really well in the next few years. In order to maximize my total compensation and bet on their success, I want to negotiate a lower base pay in exchange for much more equity. What's a reasonable ratio for doing this... -2 b
- Would you choose Equity vs profit share of your own startup? I have backing for a startup idea. One offer is the standard seed capital in exchange for equity. The other is no ownership but 30% profit share. Benefits of profit share is easy access to capital, security (paying a very reasonable base salary) and resources (assistance with accounting, admin supp