- No one still wants to hire me? Super frustrated. Made a post a while back posting my basic anonymous credentials looking for some advice. Still can't get a job. Giving a bit more background. Background: 15 years experience IT Sales, Security, Personnel Management, and Project Management, no real programming experience. Exp
- Still can't get hired. Feeling so lost. 3rd post about this. Turned down for 2 more positions. Background: 15 years experience IT Sales, Security, Personnel Management, and Project Management, no real programming experience. Experience with Nessus, nmap, Splunk, Active Directory, AD OU, slurm, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Exchange, Cisco and J
- underpaid or just in wrong sized firm? Hey all, I’m an IT manager at a reputable architecture firm in San Antonio. While my education isn’t IT related (thanks, PoliSci), I have 11 YoE growing from Service Desk to SysAdmin to Exchange Specialist to Infrastructure Management. I look around and see the 100k+ base salaries and eyewatering
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Not getting along with recruiter, but company loves me TL;DR Outside recruiter is a knob but company loves me. I wanna take her out of the equation (not the agency, just this specific recruiter). How do I handle it? I've worked with alot of outside/contingency recruiters and have always had really positive experiences. The other day got a call from on
- Bitcoin tax implication while relocating from USA to India I bought some bitcoin on Coinbase about 3 years back and moved them to a hardware wallet. Now, I am planning to permanently relocate to India for personal reasons. 1. Can I keep my bitcoin and sell it off after may be 1 year on an Indian exchange? 2. Do I have to pay any tax to US government on ga
- How do I finish my Cryptocurrency Exchange side project? I have a side project that I already spent ~$50k on – a cryptocurrency broker that acts as a middleman between a client and other exchanges. User sends me coin A, I deposit Amount minus Fee to exchange X, execute a trade on behalf of a user and withdraw currency B to a user's destination address. I'
- Should I sell my town house? I have a townhouse in Campbell, rented out to a tenant for $3600/mo. The TH is valued around $1,150,000 (380k loan remaining) now and projected to go up. The tenant missed a few rents lately and it burdens my finances and I can’t invest/remodel my current house in SoCal. I feel like I am supporting
- Noob questions about coinbase and gdax 1. What's the difference between coinbase & gdax apart from latter being cheap? 2. Is gdax busted for most users or just the new ones? Will it ever work? 3. Do I buy from & sell to exchange on coinbase or other traders? Comparing it with stock exchange, it doesn't let me put a limit order which conf
- Unpopular opinion: Developer Advocacy is bullshit Finding a way to combine development, sales and marketing into one role was no easy feat. But they did it. Behold the Developer Advocate. The role in which you become a human ad for a company in exchange for a social media following. Salespeople couldn't sell to devs so instead they got devs to sel
- Moving household stuff to India from Seattle Hi, I am moving to from Seattle to India but not with my current employer. I have some furniture, a TV and other miscellaneous stuff to move to India, preferably Bangalore but elsewhere is fine too. I will be leaving for a month long vacay starting mid-July, exiting USA. Is there anyone who is movi
- Bitcoin transfer There’s a difference of almost 1k$ between price of single bitcoin in Indian exchange (zebpay) vs coinbase. My friend who bought 7btc in India wants to send it to my coinbase account so that I can sell it and we can share profits. I’m not sure how this would affect my tax computations. Can someone
- XRP spike coming Lots of people trying to buy, but can’t get verified on the exchanges that are selling. When’s the next big jump coming? and those with access, are you still buying? Also, anybody heard the WesternUnion buyout rumors?
- crypto - cost basis and fair market value for taxes Trying to understand the new crypto taxes. Apparently with the new tax reforms, every crypto trade is a taxable event, whether it involves fiat or not. So, to trade alts, one would 1. Buy ETH on gdax - this established cost basis for ETH which is the value of ETH-USD pair on gdax. 2. Transfer eth t
- Home Owners Tax Question Friend had a rental home in Bay Area; based on someone’s suggestion he did a 1031 exchange to a new home (sold the old one) and moved into new one, questions, - is he entitled to pay capital gains tax on the gain upon sell-transaction - if yes, is there any alternative to avoid it.. Anyone
- best platform to trade crypto Which exchange(s) is best for trading high volumes (ie. 100k worth of eth) at a relatively low frequency? been looking into gdax and kraken since gemini and coinbase have low buying and selling limits.
- link Calculating tax on bitcoin.tax I exchanged ETH for an altcoin using binance. In bitcoin.tax a transaction is either a buy or a sell. How should i calculate the tax on this transaction? I guess it's a Buy order with "first in first out" calculation (what does this term btw)
- Sale of RSU vested while working in different country and tax implications. Should we pay tax in USA while selling RSU which vested while working in India(but are listed in US stock exchange).Tax was already paid in India while vesting.So,should I pay just capital gains if I sell the RSU while staying in USA.Can I get tax exemption by submitting form 1116?