- How to invest 200k I am on h1b and so can't buy a house. My years of earning is hanging in bank account. I do have around $200k ready to invest. Any suggestions about where to start and how to invest? Stock market? If so mutual funds, etfs or which one in particular? I called fidelity investment advisor they told me t
- MSFT - Financial Planning Services via Fidelity Has anyone gone through the financial advising services offered by Fidelity? Pros/Cons? My understanding is that the consultation is free, and you pay depending on what strategy you end up pursuing (i.e., self-directed, robo-advisor, or in-person advisor). I thought Fidelity would do this for all
- Tips for new grad swe on how to start growing money? Thinking about speaking to a financial advisor (Schwab or Fidelity) since I don’t really have too much knowledge around wealth management. Here’s my situation: ~1.5 YoE, 200k TC, 60k in savings account, already max out 401k. Wanted to ask what would be the recommended next steps to start growing/
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- What does M1 Finance offer that Robinhood/Schwab/Fidelity doesn't New to investing here. If I read it right M1 Finance offers customized portfolio investing in addition to stocks and ETF. How does it differ from Robinhood which offers similar free trades AND vs Schwab/Fidelity which offer free robo-advisors with automatic portfolio management. What are the cons o
- When in one's life should they start using a financial advisor? I've for the most part managed my finances myself (investments I just let a robo-investor choose index funds (betterment, wisebanyon, etc)). I've saved at least 20% of my take home every year. I rent a condo at $2000/mo (TC is $140k) For 401k, I chose half a higher risk mutual fund (fidelity cont
- Managed accounts @ Fidelity or asset allocation funds Looking for some insights from experinced/senior folks ... I just rolled over my 401k from my previous employer to a traditinal IRA account. i plan to keep this as my base account for moving 401k everytime i switch employer. i cannot decide whether to go for managed account service from fidelity.