- Looking for advice on landing product design positions I have 2 YOE in product design/UX/marketing, academic background in biological science. Got my foot in the door in product in Asia Pacific - worked for a unicorn fintech startup and then an e-commerce agency. Just moved back to the states (LA) a couple of weeks ago to have more opportunities to gro
- Goldman Sachs PM vs. VMware PM Hey everyone, My nephew is fortunate enough to hold 2 offers for this upcoming and final summer before he graduates. He has an offer from VMware as a Product Manager intern (B2B) and an offer from Goldman Sachs as a Product Manager intern in the Marcus org (B2C). I’m a SWE so I can’t give him much
- Moving on from a start-up In short, I've struggled to find relevant advice about this type of situation online and hope the conversations resulting from this can help others in my shoes in the future. Briefly, the company I'm referring to is a unicorn fintech company. I was the first hire for the data org at a start-up, at
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Higher level at private unicorn or lower level at non FAANG public company? The fintech unicorn (not Stripe) has no immediate plans to go public. TC including paper money is higher as is the job level/responsibilities. Also have offers from 2 public non Faang tier (but still fairly well known and respected) where overall TC is lower but stock is liquid so liquid comp is mor
- link Better.com Anyone have any experiences with or thoughts about Better.com? It’s a mortgage fintech startup in NYC nearing unicorn valuation. They’re offering salaries similar to FAANG and expanding very rapidly right now. I haven’t had much luck finding info about Better engineering.
- Google Eng Res vs SWE elsewhere I flubbed some of my interviews for Google SWE (New grad, L3) and was referred to the Engineering Residency program where it looks like i’d just have one more phone screen to get the job. I’d love to work at Google, and I’d be able to be in NY (one of the location options for the program) which is m
- H1B transfer - When is it okay to communicate to a new employer about my immigration status? Hi everyone, I'm currently with J.P. Morgan and am in the process of wrapping up my job search. At this point, I have 3 options: Option 1. Stay with J.P. Morgan Option 2. VC firm (Just completed final round) Option 3. Unicorn FinTech startup (Just completed final round) I should mention that thes
- Hiring for Dec grads started? For which companies has hiring for Dec grads started? Amazon and Google reached out already so probably fb apple Microsoft and the likes have started as well. But what about other companies like Finance and fintech? Unicorns? Non big 4/5 like oracle, IBM? I'm struggling to get callbacks from these