- vote Moving to Google with pay cut (w/o sign-on) or staying at MS Currently at MS (Redmond), Level: 64, TC: 260K - 275K. YOE: 5-8. Google offer (Seattle/Kirkland), Level: 4, TC: 245K - 260K (15K less than current TC) and 30K - 40K sign-on bonus on top (first year 20K more with sign-on). My current team and matched team are similar (both focused on cloud and the
- Google Non HQ Offices New Grad Among LA, Boston, Seattle/Kirkland, and Boulder, which of the offices would you recommend for a new grad? Teams with more backed facing work (both infra and product) and opportunities to promo would be a big plus. Have new grads actually had any luck waiting for headcount to open up? I'm interested
- vote Two Sigma vs Google Hi I have new grad SWE offers from Two Sigma (NYC) and Google (Seattle/Kirkland) and could use some help with the decision. These are the primary factors I'm considering: Edit: Google PA is either Communications or UFO Learning/growth: - I feel like I'll learn a lot at either so I'm not too concer
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- vote Google remote vs Amazon HQ I've kind of lost interest in Google, but was curious if Kirkland is even viable career-wise. I'm at AWS in Seattle and it's a great place to work. Sr. SDE promo coming up in about a year or so. Work is impactful, great experience, ML involved. I landed the perfect project. I used to always want to
- Chat about Tableau? I'm interested in learning more about the culture. I'd like to apply to a position in Kirkland in a month or two. I love BI (it's how I got into development), but I'm definitely not an expert in it. Love working with data, but haven't used the software. How much of a data/analytics pro do you have t
- Relocating to Seattle from Tokyo 5 yoe (Quality Assurance Engineer 2.5 years, SDE 2.5) I did a lot of automation infra as a QAE, don't discount it as 2.5 years of "testing". I have an internal offer from AWS (Amazon AI) for 138,890 base and 19 RSUs total next year bringing it to ~ 177k (1750 * 19 * 1.15). I have only 3 shares vest