- Partner Engineer role at Lyft? How's the role, TC, day-to-day work, level of excitement in the job, team culture and impact? Thinking about applying.
- H1B and Business opportunities How one can participate in a business venture while working on H1B. I assume, one can be a business partner to share profit but can’t draw any salary. Also, I see ppl driving uber / lyft on H1B.
- link SoftBank banking on GM cruise Uber partnered with Waymo. Uber's one of the largest investor is banking on GM Cruise. GM have 10% stake in Lyft (Uber's competitor) haha top investing firm and companies showing how they diversify. https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2018/05/31/general-motors-cruise-softbank
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- link Will Uber succeed in the next 5 years? What are your thoughts on the mid / long term success of Uber? Levelling off of sales, Tesla launching it's robo-taxi service in 2020 and Waymo partnering with Lyft, this seems to add significant long term pressure on the ridesharing aspect of Uber. Uber Eats and Freight make up a very small part of
- Uber vs. Lyft Comp / Culture Is Lyft honestly a company that treats employees and driver partners with more class / dignity (and better compensation)? Or is it a ruse and Uber simply owns its long hours and challenged relationship with both parties in a more unabashed manner?
- The Disruption of Uber There have been lots of threads around pros/cons of Uber. After this post I am signing out for good. To win the future of ride sharing requires: 1) consumer brand and trust 2) L5 autonomy 3) operations expertise with physical assets Google has 1 and (soon) 2. They will have to develop/acquire/pa
- Contract @ Google/Facebook? In a pickle and hoping for some advice/interesting views to help me make a tough decision. Current YOE 9, TC ~$190k. Summary: I recently interviewed for non-tech FTE roles at Facebook and Google but am now looking at contract roles at both. Tl; dr: stay put in a good job in a dying industry, or ass