- How does the morbid expense of contracting employee make sense for the employer? I have a co-worker, a contractor for the company, earning $120k with 2 yoe, no MS degree. According to him, the staffing company he is employed thru probably charges the employer close to $200k for his service. Compare that to another coworker, FTE on the same team, doing the same job with an MS an
- Microsoft HR Salaries I was contacted by a Microsoft Recruiter about two opportunities (Staffing Program Manager & Tech Sourcer- Azure) and I wanted to know what the average salary was for each position. The Recruiter was unable to give me a range, so I wanted to make sure I was not lowballing myself. One role is in DC a
- Microsoft Recruiter / Feedback Timeline? EDIT 2/24: No news yet. I’m just going to assume I’m out of the running at this point. [shrug] What can ya do? haha Hey all! I had my onsite over a week ago, 5 interviews (1-2 people per session; 6 hours total), made it all the way to the end where I met with the recruiter who gave me all the inf
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- vote Should I leave team? Currently l62 in team for a little over year. When I joined over a year ago, the team had 10 people. In the past year, all 10 people have left and now it is just me and two other new hires. I am thinking if I should switch teams or leave Microsoft entirely. One reason I think everyone left is becau
- Choosing between offers Currently at a noname consultancy; married with kids - ~$210k TC all cash in Seattle area Offers: 1) another relatively no name consulting company $220k max potential with lower guaranteed money, effectively a demotion needing to prove my worth in leadership. 2) work for staffing firm as contracto
- link Consortium blockchains with greatest chance of success? Thoughts on consortium blockchains vs semi private vs public? Seems that consortiums have the most growth potential and use cases for lowering overhead / increasing operational efficiency for enterprise businesses. Late to the game on this but would love input from anyone that is knowledgeable in