- Sell Stocks/Nest Egg to Buy House? Up to what % of nest egg portfolio makes sense to sell off to use as a 20% down payment in Bay Area? For example if portfolio is $1M would it make sense to sell $200K to use as down payment on $1M house? How about selling $400K of $1M (40%) for a 20% down payment on a $2M house? Cash out the entire
- Google Nest SW TPM offer How is this offer for L4 SW TPM at Nest: Base 170k RSU 400k Signon 10k Current TC: Base 160k Unvested RSU 200k 9yoe, all as HW TPM (product level, not chips). How is Nest culture? Is it still considered second-class compared to core G?
- Google emp hardware discounts? Joining in a few weeks (waiting for the aug end stock vest at MS) wondering what are the discounts for employees on Google hardware - pixel phones, pixel books, home/nest? Thanks!
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Google offering MTV offers at IITs this year Is Google hiring for MTV from IITs during the campus placements? I know there is always the case of H1B lottery. But they put employees in "nesting" for an year at another office. Plus you get MTV stock grant.
- apparently 2.5M net worth is poor for non-blinders too I am a recent MSFT aluminus. I went to the bank to make sure nothing is affected before changing employers. The person quite enthusiastically offered financial services, remarking that they'd like to help individuals like me who usually park their stocks in tech and do not diversify. anyways, a fe
- How is the reputation of Google X? Has a potential offer at X Do they provide alphabet stock? How is the people view X? Same as google or less reputable? My concern is that some people view Nest is inferior compared to main google. Not sure about X. Any insights?
- Fitbit Compensation Breakdown and Unvested Equity Considerations Pending Google Acquisition TC: 210K YOE: 12 Non-Tech I’m currently interviewing for a Director level non-tech role at Fitbit. Thus far the recruiter and I have not discussed compensation expectations and I don’t want to be the first party to bring it up. I have questions about Target Bonus and timing, RSUs and Unvested Equi