- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- vote Set out for Seattle I’m trying to decide if it makes financial sense to relocate to Seattle WA, from the south east. Current Situation: I work for Oracle in OCI. I am well compensated for the South. 165 in base and enough stock to push me to 220 for the next 4 years. I work entirely from home and my job is pretty low
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Oracle Cloud Infra vs Pure Storage Financially both are roughly offering the same. I'm looking for a distributed systems exposure in this stint. Pure is putting me in the sync repl team. OCI in storage server team. OCI is planning to rewrite their individual storage servers. But didn't get what was the DS story there as they are sti
- Is a bust/bloodbath coming? With so many layoffs happening from Tesla, OCI, PayPal, Walmart to what not, is this a start of bust or is the worst over? Will we see more bloodbath? I was too young to see the dot com crash and just starting over during financial crisis.
- TC-250k @ Oracle in Sacramento area vs TC-330K @ FB in Bay Area . Acceptable ? I am @ Oracle with TC 250k Yoe-8, IC-5. Working from home. But work pressure is really high and challenging. Getting an offer from Facebook with TC 330k , but hv to relocate to bay area. Waiting for official offer. From the financial aspect, is it an acceptable offer ?
- Working with Auditors Are any of you in a management/swe role of an application that work with auditors because the application youre developing impacts your company financial statements? like what do you call a developer that works on applications like oracle, sap, mainframe, datawarehouse, cognos, db2 and operating sy
- Should I go to startup? Long story short - started a startup with few friends, good potential upside (ico and equity), have an early seed investor. But I sometimes feel few other cofounders are assholes, just caring about quick money, not so genuine and don’t value my opinions. At my current company (Oracle HQ), I don’t l
- Career Advancement Hi, Looking for some career advice to grow up the ladder from both role and paycheck standpoint. YOE: 10 Oracle Hyperion/PBCS / Financial Reporting/ BI TC: $175k Level: Manager Market: Atlanta
- LinkedIn moving from oracle to sap? Layoffs ahead.. google confirmed moving to SAP Hey LinkedIn folks heard you guys are moving from oracle financials to sap fico? How true is it and what is the timeline? Lot of layoffs on horizon for finapps or finance tech support team?
- Oracle Key Vault and Oracle financial development Phone screen? I have phone screen scheduled with managers from both the teams for 30 min. What could it be? Behavioral totally or they can ask technical questions as well? It's for entry level Software Engineer role.
- Transitioning to software engineering roles Hi blind, Wife graduated with a comp sci eng degree. Her 10+ year of career is built on customizing software tools like oracle Financial tools, anaplan, Microsoft share point etc. She works at one of the big corps which is dying slowly. She is excellent at her job but now realizing that there is n
- Do we have any financial institutions that tieup with Oracle in US that provide Mortage rate discount? I know Oracle employees get a point discount with Provident Credit Union. But I was wondering do they have tie up with any other banks/ credit unions that provide discount. Looking to refinance
- How is Financial services related ERP cloud at oracle in Bay area? Title says it.