- link Affirm (F series FinTech) is hiring! Affirm was founded by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin and just got its series F funding. We are hiring aggressively. DM me for referral if you find any suitable positions here https://jobs.lever.co/affirm?lever-via=y0mY3vA2RD
- What is expected TC for 7 YOE? I've never worked at a FAANG or Twitter, Oracle, nor PayPal. If you have 7 YOE, please post what TC to expect if you are job searching in 2019 for senior fullstack web applications engineering roles at well funded tech companies in Bay Area. Is there a plateau in base salary for senior engineers?
- Single stock dependence in Net Worth 48% of my family's net worth is in one stock (not PayPal). I know not ideal. Around $1.4M in a pre-tax 401K and $1.5M from ESPP and stock options. We never sold the stock over 20 years. Net worth: $6M I realize we need to diversify but at the same time don't want to pay an insane amount of taxes. P
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Any active equity investors here who want to start own private chat group? Need serious investors only - minimum 50k in individual stocks/ equity (index funds are fine but would love discussions on certain stocks). We could start a chat group here, or on Slack. DM me with personal email IDs if youre serious with a screenshot of your investments - ill add mine too. Add yo
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Thoughts on the next FAANG-grade companies! Trying to crowdsource opinions on which companies will become next generation of FAANG-grade companies. The way I’m looking at it, I’d put Salesforce, PayPal and other $100B+ marketcap enterprises with 2000%+ growth over the last decade into this bucket. Trying to learn about companies across the US