- Does it make sense to break CD 12 months before maturity? Have 200k in synchrony bank's 5yr CD that matures in 12months. 2.25% APY. Was planning to move it to vtsax. Penalty to break CD is 6 month interest. It seems as long as vtsax pays 3.375%+ over next 1 yr it'd be advantageous to break CD. Is vtsax 7% yield safe to assume? Anyone done this? Is it wor
- Where do you park short term cash reserves? High yield savings accounts (e.g., Synchrony, CIT Bank, GS Bank, etc.) vs. tax-exempt money market fund (e.g., VCTXX)? Or any other ideas where it is easily available yet not depreciating?
- 50K extra to invest I have 50K extra to invest, and i have already diversified my other investments to many different areas using: Vanguard 3-fund index fund portfolio ( vtsax, vtiax, vwitx (60/30/10) ), M1Finance 3-fund ETF portfolio ( vti, vxus, vteb (60/30/10), individual company stocks and ESPP (around 80K), Treasu
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Online savings I want to move my checking/savings out of chase(0.01% interest) Looking at some higher interest savings accounts Marcus - 1.9% Barclays - 1.9% Synchrony - 1.85% Ally - 1.85% What are the things to watch out for? Your experience with either of above? Thanks in advance !
- Synchrony bank 1.75% apy savings account legit? Currently savings in another account but want a higher interest option. Anyone know if this is legit (read: won't take/lose/bankrupt my money)? All I know is it's a FICO backed online bank.