- Recruiter won't give comp range; wants me to throw out first number I'm heading to an on-site. The recruiter really wants me to name my target comp. I told her "market rates" and asked for the position's range, but she wouldn't get specific (just "high hundreds" plus bonus and equity). She said they don't pay like Facebook or Netflix, which I know are top of market,
- vote Twitch, Snap, Pinterest, or Uber? Twitch: SF Office L5 (FB E4 equivalent) 250k TC Snap: SF Office L4 (FB E5 equivalent) 400k (75k bonus) Pinterest: SF Office L5 (FB E5 equivalent) No numbers yet, levels.fyi says 415k average Uber: SF Office L5 (FB E5 equivalent) No numbers yet, levels.fyi says 470k average TC: 180, YoE: 5.5
- vote Evaluate Apple vs Twitch offers for SWE in Data Engineering Apple: Sr software engineer Base 180, RSU 160, Sign on 80, 10% target bonus, they give great refreshers Twitch: Lead software engineer Base 185, RSU 200, Sign on 30, No bonus, Amazon is frugal in refreshers From TC perspective, they look similar, which one is better off in terms of wlb, prestige
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Twitch SDE 2 offer I got an offer from twitch for a SDE2 role with the following split. Base : 150k Sign on bonus : 55k first year, 45k second year. Stock vesting : 5 first year, 15 second year and 20% every six months hence forth. Initial stock units= 88 TC first year: 210 YOE : 3 years. Does this sound like a re
- Reapplying to Amazon after passing interview I was made an offer for Twitch last year and ended up not taking it. If I was interested in joining Amazon now is it likely I'd go through a full interview loop? Do I apply normally or find a recruiter? TC 180 Last offer TC: 160k base 55k + 45k bonus 54 RSU (y so low)
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Google L6 PM Offer I just got hiring committee approval for a L6 PM offer. Matching should be fine as I’ve already talked to some teams. What should I expect for an offer? For comparison, I received a L6 PM offer from Lyft, $200k salary, I think it was 26k RSUs (at $10B valuation), $20k sign-on back in late 2017. TC