- Uber Eats India acquisition - discuss Zomato, one of the largest food apps in India, announced today that it has acquired Uber’s food delivery business in India in an all-stock transaction, which gives Uber 9.99% ownership in Zomato. what is zomato’s latest valuation like ? P.S. Uber Eats in India will discontinue operations and direc
- link Postmates on sale? https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/recode/2019/7/11/20688108/postmates-acquisition-ipo-doordash-walmart-uber
- Comp expectations for staff engineer at uber I'm an IC 6 at Oracle, been here at that level for ~3.5 years, had joined through an acquisition . I had a really great onsite round recently and expecting an offer ... any guidelines on what to expect? I know there was a recent comp adjustment /rethink at Uber ... I'll appreciate any insights. Than
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Elimination of QE role, growing trend in SF Bay Area software industry I heard that facebook, airbnb, uber already dont have qe/sdet positions and recently LinkedIn (following Microsoft acquisition) is doing the same. Is this the future of the industry where there will be dedicated tools team, bunch of domain expert quality guys who have basic understanding of coding a
- The Disruption of Uber There have been lots of threads around pros/cons of Uber. After this post I am signing out for good. To win the future of ride sharing requires: 1) consumer brand and trust 2) L5 autonomy 3) operations expertise with physical assets Google has 1 and (soon) 2. They will have to develop/acquire/pa
- Uber Referral Hello all! I came across a tech position at Uber that matches with my qualifications and YoE needed. I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide me a referral. Looking to move ASAP because of the terrible company culture where senior colleagues with huge dependency are not questioned when th
- Laid off - How to Address in Resume + Interview So I am one of the folks affected at the Avvo acquisition by Internet Brands (so I was laid off and not fired). I am non-tech. Curious what recommendations everyone has (especially recruiting folks) in terms of handling a layoffs and applying for new jobs. Given the whole Uber situation in the new