- Bullshit valuation IPOs Am I the only one wondering how the HELL can you give those crazy valuations to Lyft and Uber ? Their latest financial is just a joke. Losing so much money with no clear path to earning money in the future. Uber at 100B is a complete nonsense. They will always lose money or risk losing most of thei
- Best way to find out about new startups? How did people find out about the big companies like Uber etc when they were early startups? Were they advertised about normally or are there more niche places to find out about them to get in earlier?
- Ober Let's stop bashing Uber and lyft. If they are so bad then why not fix them? How hard can it be? I am thinking from a perspective of where the money goes and in ubers case almost all of it goes to the top execs and marketing. But why do we even need them? Taxis don't advertise themselves and everyo
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Looking to move to a B2C product but difficult to get interview calls. Help Looking for a PM job in Bay Area. Experience in enterprise products and advertising tech. I get a lot of calls from enterprise and ad tech companies and I am able to convert them to offers too. But I am really interested in working on a B2C product like Uber, Lyft, Opentable, Coursera, Robinhood, W
- link The peeps who matter at Lyft Good write up from The Information. The People Who Matter at Lyft Below are 104 of the top employees at the ride-hailing company, including operations (the biggest group) and two organizations that are gaining importance within the company—growth and autonomous vehicle research. Employees a
- Contract @ Google/Facebook? In a pickle and hoping for some advice/interesting views to help me make a tough decision. Current YOE 9, TC ~$190k. Summary: I recently interviewed for non-tech FTE roles at Facebook and Google but am now looking at contract roles at both. Tl; dr: stay put in a good job in a dying industry, or ass