Uber Facebook Layoffs
- Referrals for SWE with 1.5 YOE Hi kind-hearted Blinders, My company is shrinking this year and I am anticipating a layoff in the near future. Therefore, I really want to get some SWE referrals to big tech companies in the WA area (Google, Qualtrics, Indeed, Facebook, Airbnb, Lyft, Uber, Tableau, PureStorage, Pinterest, Redfin,
- Targetting High Paying Companies Jolted down high paying companies in below categories: By stable I meant company has no crazy hire/fire policy, growth potential and huge cash to survive the competition. Risky but pays well: Dropbox (Don't see any upside here, google/amazon drive may eat consumer business. Onedrive and box hold
- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Pay and job security Which companies in bay area has higher pay and job security for software developers. After looking into layoffs at firms like Uber, SAP, Nio I feel it's a very scary environment out there. I still feel firms like Facebook Google and amazon won't have layoff in near future...
- Fb sol eng -> eng offer Hey guys, I received a FB Solutions Engineering offer ~10 months ago, which I declined. That was the only role they were hiring for in NYC, but I wanted a traditional engineering role. A month later, the recruiter reached out with an engineering role but I had already joined Uber. In light of the
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I