- Uber hires another senior exec fired from Google for harassment I learnt Uber hired another guy from Google in senior leadership position who was fired from Google for sexual harassment issue.
- Are uber employees hirable? With all the ethics and/or the harassment issues, are uber employees hireable at other organizations?
- Tell me a reason you choose Uber/Lyft over the other Keep it relevant. Is it price? Is it spite? A few people I know said they’d not use Uber because the way the company treats women and all the sexual harassments stuff which they read back in 2017... regardless how Uber has changed since.
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- vote Travis Kalanick was a jerk or he was made a scapegoat after Uber 2017 events? Under Dara's leadership, Uber seems to have done well and earned the respect back for Uber in these 2-3 years. In 2017, Uber was fuck*d up, to say the least under Travis with sexual harassments, bro culture, his recorded fights with Uber drivers etc. Was Travis really a jerk and failed leader?
- What's it REALLY like to work at Uber? At the risk of beating a dead horse, is Uber still a frat house filled with assholes or a professional place of business? Is sexual harassment/discrimination still a problem? I may be interviewing there (will find out soon), but I don't want to bother if it's still a toxic atmosphere. This is for
- Blind community, you are blind. RE: UBER layoffs First off, anyone who was laid off at Uber, I hope you find a good job soon. Uber doesn’t deserve your talents. -From your big bro upstairs at 1455. To everyone else hyping the sh*t out of Uber pre-Ipo. Shaking my head to you. All you saw on blind were posts of how Uber was “supreme”. The hottest
- Why Uber? Why do you want to work for Uber if they... 1) systematically underpay their drivers 2) don't listen to drivers unless they réally need to 3) had many allegations of discrimination and harassment 4) spied and stole all over the world 5) lied to governments and got in trouble in many countries while
- Driver strikes The media have been reporting for weeks that driver protests will take place for the Uber IPO. It felt shitty this whole week even though we finally will IPO after many years of toil. I showed up to work today, fully embracing the potential of being harassed by angry folks. And there were news vans