- I am done with Amazon!! I have been in Amazon for around 3.5 years now. Worked in India for around 2 years 8 months and then moved to AWS, Seattle. SDE2. Comp 180k Getting shitty comp as compared to other native Americans and other SDEs with masters degree. I am having 5 years of total experience. I can't see enough good
- 🥇 MAJOR TECH EMPLOYER POWER RANKINGS (SEATTLE ONLY, Q4 2017) These rankings take into account: desirability, compensation, prestige, reputation, quality of life, exclusivity, company trajectory, social brand value, career growth opportunities, stock performance, location, office quality and a secret sauce of other factors. This analysis is focused specificall
- link How many of you think H-1B folk “steal” American jobs? Seriously. I am sick of MAGA idiots yammering all over about H-1B immigrants stealing jobs. Now, I do agree some outsourcing shops do visa fraud that needs to be curbed. We come here legally, pay taxes, buy houses made our life here for decades, support our communities and contribute to economy. Bu
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Do I have a chance at Citadel, Two Sigma, Jump, Tower Research etc.? I am finishing my CS PhD from rank ~35 school in the US. I specialize in Natural Language Processing, and have done a lot of Machine Learning work. Also have good programming skills. I have no prior experience in finance. I am looking at a career in quant research and trading, and was wondering if
- Do not work for Visa, Inc I started at Visa just under a year ago. This place sucks. No one respects my input because I'm younger. I'm basically just an overpaid intern running errands for my team all day. The offices are fake-hip (e.g ping pong table, open layout). Some smell like sweat, which is fitting given all of the o
- San Jose State University review? I have an admit from SJSU for masters in SE. I'm considering it as the tuition is quite reasonable and location is great to look for jobs. Does anyone here know does graduating from a lower ranked school affect my chances at employment and getting a work Visa?
- [Question] offer decision between DevRel and PM Hi all, I am looking for some advice of offer decision from experienced PMs. Background: developer(7y; embedded systems and backend)/data scientist (2y)/technical PM(1y) Option 1: developer relationship manager / Nvidia TC: X Pros: focus on AI/ML, customer-facing role with Top leading customer,
- Referral please I have 3y+ experience on backend. Especially worked on ML, NLP and Search Relevance. Got a Ph.D from world ranking top50 University. Currently Amazonian. Need Working visa support. Any one can refer me to the the following companies? Much appreciated. - Google - Airbnb - LinkedIn - Netflix - Uber -
- link duh... facts https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/ https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/02/the-best-and-worst-countries-for-air-pollution-and-electricity-use https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/roads_quality/ https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/ https:
- VISA company - data science intern interview? Asking for a friend - she got an interview call for data science intern at visa and the first round is technical screening on hacker rank? Can someone help what to expect python, SQL, anything else.
- Visa New Grad SWE Referral? Hi! I'm a senior in college about to graduate next May. I started college thinking that I'd go into hardware, but I've recently decided to switch to software and I've been grinding LeetCode for the past two months. Really stressed right now because I haven't done a software technical interview befor
- Options when ur h1-b extension is denied What is best advice for someone worked in QA and whose h1-b visa extension is denied in their 5th year after coming from India directly on h1-b without any masters ? 1.Register for an MBA /MS after writing GMAT ( will have to stay on h4 - prep for gmat and then apply , given that h4 -EAD is gone)