- Feeling bad about how much I am making Sorry about this brain dump, I just feel like I need to let this out... I make standard amount of fang tech salary (not a lot per blind standard) but I feel bad about how much I am making and how greedy I became when switching jobs / negotiating offers. Last year my son’s daycare teacher got fired
- Expedia India vs Walmart Labs India I am evaluating two competing offers from Expedia Gurgaon (counter-offer) and Walmart Labs in Bangalore. The money on offer is similar. I am wondering which one is a better company in terms of work culture and benefits. I have heard that WML India really gets projects "dumped" by the US org. Is tha
- Ethics violations in Walmart? This seems unreal! Seeing a case where a senior employee seems to be untouchable in Walmart sunnyvale. Inspite of a few ethics violations, raised to leaders, no action is being taken. Some of the violations are, threatening junior employees, ageism and retaliation. Seems like an Uber in making e
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Curve no more! In the previous 2 years Walmart had a forced curve where 20% had to get partially meets or do not meet rating, Finally that idiocy is over. The new system gives wide latitude to managers to decide raise, RSU, and bonus amounts.
- Should I join a post Series B startup I have three offers Dropbox, SF - TC ~450K as an EM AutoDesk, SF - TC ~230K as an EM Startup, LA - TC ~180K (plus 100K equity/year) as a Dir of Eng. Now I am mostly lingering between Dropbox or the start up. Even though the start up is paying less cash their equity is pretty decent with a good up
- Walmart UPDATE: SWE Level 3 to Senior Hi I’ve 7 yoe and after my onsite, I’m being offered software engineer level 3 at Walmart with the following package: Base salary: 140K 20K RSU’s (vest over 4 years) Annual RSU Refresher of 20K Annual Bonus of 16% Annual Raise of at least 2.3% Sign on bonus: 15k Thanks for all the useful comme
- link Walmart closing 63 SAMs club stores https://amp.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1 What do you guys think? This coincides with the news that Walmart is raising minimum wages to $11/hr.