- link 3 YOE - 5 Offers - Seattle I’ll lead with this: I’m a straight white guy with a neutral-American accent and US citizenship, so I have a lot of unfair advantages in life that not everyone is lucky enough to get. Blind was a big part of what inspired me to seek out higher compensation and gave me confidence in my negotiation,
- Interview Cycle: Facebook M1, Google L7, Microsoft L68, and Local Public Company Hello all. I recently interviewed for positions at a local public company, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft and promised in another thread to recount the experiences, since there’s not a lot of Blind info for the experienced/higher level folks. So I don’t have to GTFO, TC is currently $396k (was $5
- How i had a mental breakdown and left my SO and job in 1 day I want to share my story so you all can avoid this. This is how I crackd. I also want to repeat that this was entirely my own fault -- I was a part of an awesome team and my GF is a good person. The combined stress of not having good mental health and too much pressure personally + professionally b
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Passive Income/Investment Ideas? what are somethings you have done to make a passive income streams or an investment portfoilo? - Rental property? Rehab? - Stocks/Mutual funds - Roboinvestments - betterment others? - Startup investment - options trading - multi family - mobile app development - blog/youtube - MLM - franchise mod
- The game of RSUs Guys, Request you all to think of the big picture here and keep aside your caps of bias/affiliation for once. I genuinely think that this game about RSUs given out as a part of compensation is about to end. Think of it-it is not even real money-just stocks diluted of the actual shareholders who pu
- Learn about stock trading (new grad) I am graduating in a few weeks and was interested in learning about investing (in stocks primarily, not in 401k/retirement). Is there any site/YouTube playlist which is highly recommended? Im more interested in trading short term options. This is obviously a friend's account. Thanks much.
- I need YOUR help finding a completely new career; my blind brothers and sisters... HELP ME FIND A NEW CAREER! I’m going crazy trying to figure out which career I’d enjoy and be good at. I can list some qualities of mine and I hope the fine people on Blind can help me figure it out. ===Career choices I’ve considered=== Possible roles I’ve been considering and why. High TC and fa
- Is it too late to move to tech at 31? I am 31 and have a 5 digit TC in a non-tech role. I can do some SQL coding but that's about it. Is it too late to move to engineering now? If yes, you don't need to read ahead. You can tell me to fuck off. If no, 1. Where do I get started? Can anyone help me prepare a structured plan? Leetcode seem
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- Who should I follow and watch? I'm starting my New Year's resolution early and I want to invest more time in my career growth next year. I realized that most of my social media feed is filled with my personal interests like food pics and tech review channels. While this is all good, I wanted to start subscribing or checking out a
- link What protocol is used for video streaming? I am preparing for system design for an infrastructure role and want to get engineers’ opinions on this... I read a facebook blog post  from 2015 and it said it was using RTMP for live streaming (just TCP). Twich did it too  but converted to HLS (uses HTTP). But in  it was suggested face
- So many desi vloggers? Noticing a lot of desi vloggers from Canada coming up these says. All have that content of moving to canada, PR experience, expenses etc. But after intitial few videos, they have no real content left and keep on posting some clickbait kind of content. I’ve even seen videos where someone was telling
- What are hedge funds ? I’m new to investing. Did watch few YouTube videos on the topic but would love to know in layman’s terms. Do you invest in them ? Are they the unicorns of investing ? Another Q: is Berkshire Hathaway a hedge fund ? How are sigma and jane ST related with these
- Youtube channels for investment Hey folks, what are some good channels for investment/trading. I have gone thru some but there are a lot and want to know what people have already tried. TIA.
- Stocks and economy resources For someone who came from a family who just made ends meet with no frivolous spending, etc, now is doing well for himself and his own family, and needing desperately to learn how to invest, the market, crashes, shorting stocks, real estate tips and tricks, bonds, etc etc. Where can one go for resour