- Interview Cycle: Facebook M1, Google L7, Microsoft L68, and Local Public Company Hello all. I recently interviewed for positions at a local public company, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft and promised in another thread to recount the experiences, since there’s not a lot of Blind info for the experienced/higher level folks. So I don’t have to GTFO, TC is currently $396k (was $5
- Millionaires on blind, Why stilll work? just hit my goal of reaching a million dollars in total networth (stocks, cash, crypto. excluding house and 401) I own a house thats fully paid off. My parents passed it down to me. they now live in Nevada thinking I should retire and spend time with my family. maybe start a blog or youtube channe
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- Passive Income/Investment Ideas? what are somethings you have done to make a passive income streams or an investment portfoilo? - Rental property? Rehab? - Stocks/Mutual funds - Roboinvestments - betterment others? - Startup investment - options trading - multi family - mobile app development - blog/youtube - MLM - franchise mod
- sick to death of 'progressive' fraud and aggression (women in tech) love women. love women in tech. hired and promoted many women at google in technical roles ... years before it became topic of discussion or fashionable groupthink obsession ... before training, c level diversity staff, or self loathing reports about how googlers are not right colors and genders etc
- The game of RSUs Guys, Request you all to think of the big picture here and keep aside your caps of bias/affiliation for once. I genuinely think that this game about RSUs given out as a part of compensation is about to end. Think of it-it is not even real money-just stocks diluted of the actual shareholders who pu
- Learn about stock trading (new grad) I am graduating in a few weeks and was interested in learning about investing (in stocks primarily, not in 401k/retirement). Is there any site/YouTube playlist which is highly recommended? Im more interested in trading short term options. This is obviously a friend's account. Thanks much.
- vote Do you really like or hate Tesla? What do you think? I found Tesla as a company or the stock, together with its cars, is really polarizing. Many people love it and think it is the future; while there are people who hate it, doubt it or think it will go bankrupt. I am a Tesla fan and I do find a lot of Tesla fans or Tesla favorite videos on YouTube fr
- Leaving Amazon Waiting for the post- holiday party to start, might as well write a post. Amazon has been good to me. Learned a lot in two years, and got promoted 1 year in. Met awesome people, had unlimited booze access, and watched a ridiculous amount of YouTube and twitch at my desk. In many ways, AMZN re
- Options moving forward Currently talking to 4 places: TuneIn, Sr/Staff SWE. Applied for Staff but I think they probably expect considerably more YoE based on first phone call (non-technical). Tech call scheduled soon. Numbers quoted put TC at ~180-190 (with potential to go higher if I blow them out of the water and
- Google compensation negotiations 140k base 50k joining bonus 205k stocks over 4 years 15% guaranteed yearly bonus Can I negotiate and get more? This offer is for L3 position. I have 3 yoe. Currently i am negotiating on the basis of a competing offer from Amazon(sde 2 L5 total yearly compensation of 215k). If it helps this offer i
- Stocks and economy resources For someone who came from a family who just made ends meet with no frivolous spending, etc, now is doing well for himself and his own family, and needing desperately to learn how to invest, the market, crashes, shorting stocks, real estate tips and tricks, bonds, etc etc. Where can one go for resour
- Evaluate my comp and referrals for Unicorns/FANG Hi guys, Just wanted to know if you guys could evaluate my comp. And if there are any people that can connect me to people that can refer me or refer me themselves to some of the companies above/good companies for wlb+comp it would be much appreciated. I've done a decent amount of leetcode and code
- TC for recent hire at Youtube(Google)? Would like to know the recent TC offered at Youtube/Google for SWE position equivalent to SDE-1 position at Amazon. Please provide a breakup of TC and stock vesting schedule.