E-Commerce / Retail Lounge
- Amazon Senior Vendor Manager looking to relocate Hi! I’m a Senior Vendor Manager owning ~40% of one of Amazon’s Retail categories and having been at Amazon and in Seattle for 4 years, I am looking to relocate to another city (preferably NYC, Atlanta, Austin, LA) and hoping for any relevant support/referrals/direct connections that the group here c
- vote #neverFANG Most folks on Blind seem to be obsessed with big tech players, desperate to be hired by them. No judgment, but I have absolutely no desire to work for any of them. No amount of TC could get me to move to work for them. Why am I not feeling the lure?
- senior ops manager exit ops from Amazon was wondering if anyone had any experience with exit opportunities for senior operations managers (fulfillment operations)? i run a 30-salaried employee/600-hourly employee team and not sure how that might translate, if at all, into other sectors since almost all of my adult life was spent in the Ar
- how much house i can afford household tc 250k. no kids but planning to start a family asap. is getting a 1 mil house 5br a good idea right now considering its just the two of us?
- How did retail do this season? Just wondering what the general feeling is in your industry/company. Are we happy with how the season went?
- Chewy Salaries Seeing quite a few leadership roles open from associate director and above. Anyone know what Chewy is paying? Currently at amazon in retail, L6, TC $210.
- OfferUp?? I’ve been getting reachouts from OfferUp Engineering about growing teams and opportunities. Who has worked there? Friendly towards women? From Linkedin it looks like a lot of former Amazon and no HR.
- wealthfront savings account Is it good ? Any catch?
- Salary review - walmart ecomm I recently joined walmart ecomm in sunnyvale, in desperation: YOE : 16 Title: Sr. tech program manager TC: 175 base, 20% bonus, 60k yearly RSU. total 270k + 60k rsu and 10 k cash joining bonus its Ecb5. questions: 1. is this competerice salary as i come from a tech background? 2. Can i ask fo
- Nestle strategy team how is nestle work culture? thanks
- Amazon people, do you think of Walmart as a legit competitor? Or are we a joke? At Walmart, we always hear propaganda like "If we're gonna compete with Amazon... [insert BS phrase about tech/software we are incapable of writing]" It seems our leadership sees Amazon as our mortal enemies. Are we? What propaganda does Amazon pass around the inside? Who does Amazon see as its numb
- Retail Management Anyone else in retail management? Looking for career tips and insight. Worked at the same company for 7 years, didn’t see a future and jumped ship 2 months ago... currently hate where I am. The grass isn’t always greener my friends.
- Walmart Finance Director TC YOE : 8 years Department : Finance What will be the average Total Compensation (excluding bonus and stocks) for a Walmart Director position at Bentonville.
- Amazon Vancouver SDE 2 Salary I recently got an acceptance after a round of interviews. YoE : 11, Position : SDE2. What salary should I expect? From the initial talks my expectation was 140k base. please guide #amazon #vancouver #sde2
- curious to know what ab testing tools do you use looking into optimizely and sitespect anf curious to know what ab testing tools do others use
- Anyone work/ed at Staples engineering? I have an OK offer in engineering with modest bump / title bump. But I saw some flags and was wondering if my gut is right. * 50% engineers are contractor (though none on the team I’d join) * PE firm looking to exit, which likely means new PE and layoffs * Everyone I interviewed with was same ethnic
- StubHub sale What will eBay do with 4 billion? Will it give that to shareholders?
- Apple Employee Discount on Airpod Pros Do Apple employees get discounts on the new Airpod Pros? I was going to just buy them outright now if they don’t or else ask a friend working there.
- All time high US debt.. When is Recession? US debt is record breaking 22 trillion. When should (if at all) we expect recession?
- Best gyms in SF? Looking especially within walking distance from South Beach. For weightlifting, not for classes. 2 yoe 230 tc
- walmart stock going up can walmart stock go like Amazon in next 3-4 years?
- Nordstrom Employee Discount Any one working at Nordstrom willing to get me their employee discount ? Pretty please ;)
- How is Wayfair doing? What is the sentiment among the employees about Wayfair’s future? With no profits in the history of its existence, does anyone believe the company has a future?
- Sr Prod manager offer @ Home Depot ecommerce (negotiable?) I have an offer for Home Depot's home decor and furniture e-commerce in Atlanta. Role would be of Senior Product Manager but no direct reports right now. 140k base/ 15k sign on/ 10% annual bonus / 10% stocks with heavy cliff restrictions/ fully paid relocation. How does this compare with the market?
- Greencard backlog what are your views? do you think we get to hear good news anytime soon?
- What does the preparation for Black Friday look like for your team/company? ☝️
- Considering a move from Target to Amazon Any former Target HQ employees make the move to the mpls Amazon office? How has your experience been so far?
- TPM va SDM What skillsets differentiate SDMs from TPMs and vice versa? I’m noticing that a lot of TPMs are acting SDMs and vice versa, so much so that they seem to be the same thing. If both get promoted they seem to go to Director of Engineering, so that’s obviously the same.
- Amazon SPM L6 compensation in Seattle Hi - i got a verbal offer from Amazon last week as Sr Product Manager, L6. The compensation numbers were not shared yet. I have seen a few posts discussing L6 compensation for SPM at Amazon. Does my current pay matter during negotiations? If I am making 200K in Atlanta, how much more can I expect
- New job Started my new job for about a month and a half now and I feel like I'm a fucking idiot. Any one ever go through the same thing? TC 108
- What’s going on at Walmart? Layoffs at Bonobos, selling ModCloth, bringing Jet in house... is this an intentional part of their E-commerce strategy?
- Leaving Amazon post 4 year vest Current L6 approaching final vest of initial offer. Looking at leaving Amazon but want to stay in Seattle area. I’m “non-tech” (business development manager in Retail org) and looking to increase salary and scope at another company. Current $200K TC. Looking at the other big tech companies in the a
- Transitioning to a UX/UI role Hi! My background is in website content management/strategy and now internal communications. I have experience with site analytics, as well as graphic design and design thinking implementation. I've worked closely with our product management team and am interested in a PM or UX/UI manager type role.
- 1 Year Promotions Hi All, I’m currently in my first post-grad job and am finding how to get that “strongly exceed expectations within role” review elusive. My manager has walked me through my development plan, but it definitely seems generic and get-promoted- in-2-year-plan rather than in 1 year that I am looking fo
- Walmart Senior Manager Analytics compensation Got into Walmart in their E-commerce analytics domain in San Bruno as a Senior Manager, and am currently in negotiation phase. RSU: 35K over 4 years Bonus: 20% annual Base: I've asked for 175K, they'll probably get back with around 160K-165Kish. Any thoughts of if I should be more aggressive with
- Need inputs on Amazon Sr PMT interview for their transportation I have an on-site interview invite for Amazon Sr PMT . I am told this team works like a start up and is a confidential area focussing on speed and volume of delivery challenges in their transportation space Please PM me and I have a few questions.
- CTO How is Paul Gaffney as CTO ? Folks from Kohl’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Home Depot.. please chime in
- Are Grad degrees necessary for PM roles? Hi, are MBA/MS necessary to be considered for PM roles? I have a BS in Business and about 6 YOE in Operations (to include Supply Chain & Product Development exp). I have had zero luck in obtaining a PM role. Been thinking of getting an MBA/MS degree to get in. Any advice?
- Getting product into large retail stores (Nordstrom, Anthropologie, etc) I have a friend with a pretty successful product he makes himself that could fit in really well at places like Nordstrom and definitely would fit into a place like Anthro. He’s in some retail places but most are small boutique chains. Ive been thinking about how he could take his product and brand a
- product management resources I’m new to product management after spending the past 10 years in research and strategy. My management is in a different state and it’s taking me longer than I had hoped to get up to speed. Does anyone have recommendations for online resources or training that will help me fill in gaps and develop
- Product at Nike? Hi everyone, Just wondering- what is product management like at #Nike? Any ex-Amazonians make the jump to Nike? Any teams you’d recommend? Thanks!
- Wayfair Recruiter Role Anyone have insight on what it is like to work for Wayfair? Currently at 70k base and TC of 92k I'm up for promo in Q4 and if granted I'd probably be at 77k base and 110k TC Wayfair said 90k base with 125k TC was potentially doable. Money sounds cool but right now I work from home and make my ow
- Product Manager referrals I am looking for internal referrals at Amazon, Target, BBAB, Home Depot, and other ecomm/retail companies. currently a product manager at Walmart, please let me know if anyone is open to share leads. Thanks! Total experience:3.5 yrs experience in product: 1.2 years
- vote How many of you use stitch fix? Curious to know how many people use stitch fix
- Stay or leave? I was having discussion about promo with my SDM, then i find i have been put on a dev list. I recently came out of it and am having promo discussion again with my SDM, he is aligned for it in next quarter. But I am not getting clear indication from my skip if he is aligned about my promo, and is giv
- product manager referral currently a product manager at Walmart. looking for referrals for product roles in bay area. total experience:3.5 yrs experience in product: 1.2 years
- Amazon Flex Culture and offer Got a verbal offer for a PMT role at Amazon Flex team. Interviewed for a L6 PM opening, but got downgrade to a L5 PMT. Would like to know the culture of Amazon Flex and do you think it’s worth to take the offer?
- BA at Amazon NA Supply Chain how is the culture there? passed thru phone having my inperson before thanksgiving @amazon
- What's it like to work at a company who's stock didn't go up 20% today? 🤔
- VF Corp Ecommerce anyone have a sense of what its like working there since they made the move to Denver?
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!