- To anyone considering Intel, some layoffs yesterday with more to come in different groups.Walk carefully! #layoffs
- Competing offer in hardware I work in a niche field in hardware. Not more than 15 companies in the US have openings for what I do. Out of curiosity say I interview with two different companies and get offers from both while leveraging each offer to get a higher offer and accept one. What happens if I want to move to the comp
- Skills as a Design Verification Engineer I wanted to get some responses from blinders who work on the DV side on what skills they think are most important to be successful as a DV engineer. Examples from the top of my head: good in understanding hardware design and architecture, efficient debugging skills, skill in test/project planning
- vote Are you planning to leave your company within 6 months? As the title asks. Please pick your company and answer.
- verification to circuit design Hi All, i m planning to move to circuit design roles from frontend ( verification). do you guys think its a good move ? i m saturated with verification roles. what do you guys think ? 4yrs verification 2 yrs of design exp
- TC breakdown I have an offer as a Product Manager for base 125k , RSU : 45k over 3 years, sign on 38k, relo: 10k, year end bonus: not fixed but 10-15k seems reasonable YoE: 4 but as a hardware engineer pre MBA. I just finaihed my MBA and then got this offer (not bay area). Is this offer reasonable?
- Microsoft offer I have attended onsite interview 3 weeks back and feedback was positive. Recruiter talked to me about the compensation details and agreed upon what he said. Yoe 13 185/50/200k I was waiting for offer letter for almost a week, finally he came back and said HM doesn't want to go with this big expens
- Apple Analog IC Design Interview Hi, I have an apple onsite interview coming up next week for the AMS circuit design position. Any leads on the interview process, preparation, reference material would be highly appreciated. Apple is known for a bad work culture but I really want to get this through as I'm stuck in my current role w
- Move back to India !!? Confused to take a decision abt the life style and comforts. Is it really worth to move back to India permanently? New tc: 58 lakhs Yoe: 12
- Verification interviews On the hunt for verification jobs. Have 1+ year experience in mixed signal validation and was an automation engineer before that for 3+ years. Transferred internally to the verification post. Not sure what/how I should prepare for verification interviews. Any pointers would help.
- Can we discuss salary before starting the interview process? TC - 340k. Yoe - 9 years Looking for better opportunities. No issues at the current job. I dont want to go through the interview grind of a company without knowing they can at least give a TC of 400k. Is there an option to state my expectations upfront or will it be considered unprofessional?
- Just got offered a job in Samsung Semiconductior YOE:7 companies worked Qualcomm and intel. What TC should I ask for? TC?
- Cornami review, prospects Has any one heard of cornami, it's an AI startup. Have recently got $30M funding. How's the leadership and future prospects ?
- looking for referrals to Xilinx looking to switch jobs to design role hence i am looking for a referral to Xilinx. please let me know if anyone is interested to refer me. Thank you to the blind team in advance.
- Chip company jobs AMD or qcom or Intel what's a better place to work and why for Non tech roles..
- TI (Santa Clara) offer eval This is for a Mixed Signal Verification Engineer role, grade level 26. Offer details: Base: 125k Sign on bonus: 15k Relocation: 15k Yoe: 3 No RSUs offered. I’m leaving about 15k of RSUs on the table from my current company. Not sure if this is a good offer financially. Any scope of negotiating b
- Need referral for quality reliability role in Microsoft Hey, I have 6YOE and I am currently exploring opportunities, appreciate if anyone here could help with referral to Hardware quality or reliability roles in microsoft. Thanks in advance.
- Qualcomm Principal offer Expecting a Principal offer from Qualcomm, Bay area. What should i ask for ? Current TC: 410k with stock appreciation YoE = 18 #qualcomm #qualcommsalary @Qualcomm
- Shift from Analog/Mixed signals IC design to system level design What are your thoughts about shifting from IC design to system level ( PCB/ product design). In terms of job prospects and career growth ? 3 YOE Please let me know your opinions !
- Apple’s company culture Hi friends, I wonder what the working culture is like in Apple’s SEG team? Basically that’s the hardware division doing circuit implementations. HR says they’re likely to have people keep doing what they’re good at doing. It’s not like in someplaces that people get exposed to many variety of things
- Any pointers for Physical Design Interview with TPU team at Google. Anyone been through it and can please share ? @google @intel @apple
- Asic engineers at Facebook Any asic design engineers at facebook hanging out here ? Had a couple of questions.
- Need Referral for Design Verification opportunity at Facebook, Amazon or Google! I need referral/guidance to apply in Amazon, Google or Faceebook. 5+ years of experience. I have few offers in hand and few inteviews scheduled. #referral #amazon #facebookhardware #googlehardware
- Any alternate to leetcode for HW not just Like edaboard for running test codes, but something comprehensive with community sharing interview experiences etc.
- How to Prepare for FANG HW Verification ? 5+ Years of Experience! LeetCode questions ? UVM Basics? SyetemVerilog? VLSI basics? Computer Architecture? To Do things for Behavioral Questions? Project ?
- Broadcom hiring I have been trying to apply for design verification positions in LinkedIn and also through referrals. I have decent amount of work experience ( around 14 years) but not getting my resume picked up. Is it because the hiring being frozen or my experience is not sufficient to get through in broadcom. P
- vote Highest paying HW company poll attached
- What’s your 2019 bonus number? I’ll go first. 32k
- Google Data Center HW What is the Google Data Center ASIC team like? Good culture? Challenging work? #google
- Micron grades comparision with intel Hello folks, I have an offer going to release from micron in a week and I would like to know the grade comparison in between intel and micron. Wat is the annual stock refreshers ranges for each grade in micron? Pls help @micron @qualcomm @nvidia TC: 140k
- Google analog design interview Hello I have a google analog design interview over phone coming up. Job description was very generic.Can someone give any advice as to what I shpuld prepare for. Any past exp or advice would be appreciated. #google #analog #hardware Thanks
- What do physical engineers do? STA? place and route? What else? It sounds very repetitive from what I know.
- MBA will help ? thinking of doing MBA 18+ yrs of exp HW engineer any use with MBA degree ?
- Microsoft offer I have 15 years of hardware verification experience in industry and received offer from Microsoft. Base 185k RSU 200k/4 years Sign on : 50k Location: bay area Is it a good offer or it has some room to negotiate further
- vote Do you prefer Working at a Hardware Startup? Tell me your experience if you have accepted any offer from a startup or currently in process of negotiation with any if the below startup. What to expect in terms of TC. are they worth taking risk?
- evaluate Apple IC3 offer 6 YOE in HW backend : 145k base , 175k stocks , 15k bonus .. is it low ball offer ? it is for cupertino.
- Preparing for HW interviews I have been working at Apple as Hardware Engineer since last 4.5 years. I have interviews lined up for early to mid Jan at Google, Amazon and Oculus Hardware teams I am Hardware Engineer who has experience designing and building low noise analog and high speed (1G links) systems. Have experience bu
- Job Satisfaction Design Verif for 3 years. I sometimes find it to be extremely tedious with no real impact. i wonder how everybody keeps themselves motivated. I want to improve my overall skills year after year but the feeling of not making meaningful impact makes me wander for other options. Am I alone in this bo
- RTL design engineers around who can conduct mock interviews Hi, Like the topic suggests, I'm looking for someone is an experienced RTL engineer who can help me with the interviews in their spare time? Or someone who is prepping for interviews? With whom I can prepare too? Looking for some domain knowledge here. No negative thoughts please. Already feeling to
- Sifive Compensation and Culture Does any one knows how much Sifive pays for 6-7 years of verification experience in Bay Area ?
- Apple refresher is the refresher based on ur base salary or ur initial rsu? or is it given based on perf only? i.e is it better to max on base than rsu on the initial offer?
- Is analog/mixed signal a good career option anymore Now every hardware company is recruiting ASIC, RTL, DV, but very small number of company are recruiting analog /mixed signal/ RF designer. Is this field no longer having future? PhD+8YOE analog/mixed signal designer
- vote Which of the FANNG is the toughest to get in for product Operations role? Which FANNG is toughest to get in for an Operations position?
- Does Apple provide shuttle service in the bay area ? If so , are there routes covering Pleasanton /Livermore ? Thanks !
- I need help with mock interviews What is everyone else doing to prepare for an hw design role? I have been giving interviews for past 8 months and no success. I think something is really missing but don't know what. Is there someone who does mock interviews which can help a person perform better ?
- Female growth in the hardware industry All the females out there. How has your journey in the hardware industry been? I have 5 yrs of experience in the industry and feel so stuck. How did you all grow? What should I be doing today to have a better tomorrow? @intel @nvidia @amd @facebook @broadcom @apple
- how much company stocks do you have now? The stock price is all time high, so I need to sell it. How much do you have? Would you sell it? i have around $200k.
- With MS+12 years Exp as Senior Staff at Intel and with MBA from Wharton School of Business do we qualify for Director positions ar FAANG companies
- How is Microsoft CPU team? Got the offer from MS quantum computing team at Seattle. Its research team. Anyone has more idea? Offer : 155k base 200k RSU over 4 years Sign on : 30k Yoe : 4.8 Current TC : 🥜
- Design Verification offer exp from Western Digital Hello Blinder, I expect to receive an offer soon from WD for design verification with principle title. HR has asked my current TC, and I shared honestly. What should I expect for base/bonus/rsu? Is it worth to switch if TC is 10%~15% up? Because in my mind Broadcom is going up while WD is going dow
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!