- Speaking Chinese in the office open space, acceptable? i feel It is hard to advance at Facebook if you dont speak Chinese, folks :) they openly talk in Chinese in team. Even my manager does that cause he is Chinese. 3/4 of my team is Chinese. the Chinese works hard of course, but they just keep communicating with one another and exclude everyone else.
- fb workplace is such a terrible work communication product I hate it so much. shallow work reports and any irrelevant posts from VPs, managers gets tons of likes and show up at the top of the news feed. go like all of your VP posts and it is easier to be promoted. workplace is a product that promotes a terribly fake work culture. used it for FB social ne
- If you had 5M$ how would you invest it so that you get 30k per month? curious. as that would be my target to retire. i’m way off from it. but would love to hear your thoughts.
- Interviewing feels amazing Anyone else feel on top of the world when interviewing? It feels amazing to finally take action and get positive signals from so many opportunities. Feels good to own my destiny rather than my manager.
- OOP Design interviews for entry-level How important is OOP Design knowledge? I've heard that entry-level candidates do not usually get system design questions but could get vague questions like "Design a ____" where you have a choice to use OOP concepts or System Design concepts. How important is it to explicitly prepare for these kinds
- can Blind be trusted? who owns Blind? why dont they disasscoiate the poster with the post and maintain complete anonymity? what if their db get leaks?
- link Indeed Offer Staff SWE and Amazon counter Need help evaluating Indeed offer in Austin, Amazon current TC: ~215 as SDE2 Indeed Offer: ~220 + Variable Bonus (10%-30%) for year 1 and 2, then ~340 year 3 with LTIPS. Amazon counter: 280K (outside of band, promo was already in process). YOE: 12 levels.fyi shows Indeed Senior Software Engineer
- PM really worth it? Lots of people want to be a Product Manager. but is it really worth it? WLB seems horrible. Meetings all day and constant context switching. Pay is good but more hours so hrly rate is probably worse. Do people actually enjoy the job? TC 200 edited: PM = Product Manager
- How many successful late-stage career software engineers still write code? Everywhere I look, those who advance appear to be moving into management or at the very least become full time PowerPoint engineers. I love writing software.. it’s what I want to do as my profession but I also want to advance in my career. My question is how many high-grade engineers are successfu
- How many companies offer $350K+ in South Bay? I recently did interview rounds at a few companies. I'm an ICT4 at Apple, making ~$350K TC. For the most part, I was either was passed on, or got lowballed into junior levels. Makes me appreciate my current job more... and worry that, if I ever wanted to leave, I may need to take a significant pay
- Code perfectness in FAANG interviews How perfect does our solution have to be for FAANG (especially G) interviews? Do they also care about how clean, modular, and efficient the code is? I remember that F takes a photo of the code and I wonder if they actually get reviewed thoroughly. Will it be enough (for entry level) to have a decent
- Microsoft L65 Interview Hello All! First time post, so I will try to include all the details in my question :) I have an upcoming L65 interview with Microsoft in Redmond and am curious of the base salary range and TC for this role. The job description states Director, but after reading commentary around L65 here, it doesn
- Uber backend engineering roles I am a staff engineer in the data infra org at Linkedin and I was contacted by an Uber recruiter for an interview. How is the sentiment in Uber these days. I am a big fan of the product and initiatives but not a fan of Dara. Is Uber an upgrade from LinkedIn? Thanks TC 420k
- FB Vs Amazon Vs Microsoft Levels I worked at Microsoft and now at Amazon and have an offer with FB. What is equivalent of an L6 Non Tech role level be in FB? Will L5 be a downgrade?
- Concept of Jobs wasting time When I look around, I find it hard to believe this is the best way for this person to spend their prime 9-5 time. They get paid just like me for what they do. But it's underutilized potential. This concept of "having" a job that fills your time is not bad. But I just feel when a large population of
- Why is managing big teams such a good thing I see managers and executive level people are rated on how big their teams or how many people they lead. Shouldnt people be rewarded for achieving a goal with the least amount of people. If this becomes a criteria for promoting managers they will by default want to increase team size. because now
- HFT firm vs Facebook SWE - stress level? I joined FB from HFT and although my wlb has gotten much better at FB but my stress level is through the roof. I find FB a lot more stressful than any other companies I have worked. Are other FANG so much stressful? $500k TC.. 10 YOE, E5. I am in NYC
- How can I get a FB interview? YOE: 1.5 I graduated from a top CS college in the states and got referral for 3 times and everytime I got a rejection in an hour. Why so harsh? 1. Do FB give 1.5 YOE candidates interviews now? 2. Can someone refer me directly to the Hiring manager plz?
- vote Microsoft getting admitted into FAANG? Jim Cramer in the house today!
- Levelling: interview performance vs YOE vs previous company level After clearing an interview, Do companies level an incoming candidate based on their previous company level or on their interview performance. Or is levelling based on YOE
- What do you think about QE future? Which company is best to work with? Thoughts?
- Google E5 SWE - enough impact? I cleared HC and got a decent protential team match (haven't accepted team yet) in kirkland. After talking to couple of managers, it looks like scope of E5 is driving project in a small 3-4 subgroup within a team and act as a SME for that micro-service/component. That's like SDE2 role in Amazon in m
- Strategies for not getting onsite cancelled I booked interview with a company one Tuesday for next Monday. The interview was scheduled and confirmed. I know all rounds, who are interviewing me, times etc. Friday the guy tells me someone accepted the offer. And cancels the on-site. Sorry, I can’t share the company name but it is a big company
- How is FB design team? I’m interviewing with FB, but I’m reading so many negative Blind posts about working there. However the Glassdoor reviews are mostly positive? How is it really?
- Viability of the .NET platform Do you think the .NET platform has much of a following among tech companies? I am sure it has a lot of use in Microsoft (obviously) and among non-tech businesses. But I don't perceive a lot of use of C# and friends in tech-focused companies. Whereas there is still lots of Java around in addition to
- link How popular is Roblox? Recently a recruiter reach out to me about this game platform company. As a gamer myself (mostly PC, Console), I've never heard of their games, and I'm quite amazed to find that there are billions of account created in this platform according to this https://www.quora.com/How-many-people-use-roblox
- Does one learn more about a cloud working in a company that uses AWS/Azure/etc or working in the cloud service itself?
- link AWS ML solution architect - L5 TC? Have onsites for a ML specialist solution architect at AWS. Are SAs paid similarly to SDEs? Levels.fyi estimates an L5 sde at ~210k.
- vote Would you rather be... ...and why?
- HBO offer Good or bad? Currently MSFT lvl63. YOE: 8. Got an HBO offer 175K base. 25% bonus. $50k sign-on. Good or bad? Also has a lower title. How bad is that?
- Living in bay area Is living in the bay area that bad? I have an offer from Google in MTV for full time new grad, and reading posts on here seems like life there will be lonely and depressing. I'm a single male in my early 20s.
- vote do you like your own posts ? as title (clicking the like button for your own posts)
- amazon SF office culture how is the culture in Amazon office in San Francisco?#amazon
- link London TC I'm not from London and I don't know what the market rates here are like. What I was told is that tech comp is really crap around here! I've been with FB for about a year now, and FB makes tall claims of beating the market here. I'm sincerely starting to doubt that. Why? I met some acquaintances re
- SEA is not worth moving for the income tax.. I made the mistake of moving to SEA for no income tax. It's such a depressing city during winter. I miss San Francisco. SF is truly an amazing city. I miss the natural beauty, Golden gate bridge, mountains, 12 month sunshine. Moving back next month. Miss you SF! God bless California 🙏 TC: $230k
- Feel incompetent Can anyone relate/advise? Why do I constantly feel incompetent at work, when talking to more senior people? I'm new to this team, but this was the case in previous teams too. I am very respected among people my level or below, and often get feedback I operate at a higher level. But with more senior
- FaceBook recruiter reached out and said they only have Senior engineering roles in Seattle FaceBook recruiter reached out on LinkedIn wanting to talk about generalist software enfineering roles at the Seattle office. After a detailed discussion about my current and past engineering experience he wanted to know my current level at Microsoft and then proceeded to tell me that they only hav
- Escaping Golden Handcuffs? I have a little over 2 YoE in my current role, and I’ll likely get a promo this year as well - putting my Tc (with the stock appreciation+bonus) at a bit under 300k. The catch here is I also only have 2 YoE. I am interested in making a career change in the next 1-2 two years (likely to another tier
- Got into Microsoft after 3 failures AMA failed 3 times in Microsoft before getting in (4 years ago) , failed FB 3 times already, cleared google HC first attempt (first time even phone screened) AMA
- Microsoft at 1.24 trillion market cap! Is Mr.Market going crazy? Isn't all the potential already priced in at that valuation? TC: 360k
- Redfin Product Management Director Salary Band All - I am looking for competitive Total Compensation range for a Redfin director of product would you be able to help? Role would be located in Seattle TC 650 Thank you! #compensation #redfin #productmanagement
- Does companies hire for ML/AI positions without background I have more than 10 years of experience as a backend engineer. Does the top companies even hire folks like me for ML/AI positions? What are the interviews like? Anything different from regular software engineering interviews?
- Recruiter Interviews at FB any tips or insight? have an interview next week
- Amzn shuttles from South Bay Are there any shuttles (amzn) from South Bay to Palo Alto? Thanks in advance!
- Pay US tax while working abroad? Hi, I am non-US citizen and green card holder. My understanding is US green card holder should pay US tax while wokring abroad. thus my question: How on earth then US expats manage to make living, earning local but paying US tax?
- Dropwizard vs Spring Why do some places use Dropwizard over Spring?
- relocation to Bay area or Seattle Spouse and I are thinking of relocating away from Denver/Boulder metro area — purely for better opportunities (except for career growth stagnation, we love it here) — to either the bay area or Sea-Tac. Combined TC = 250K+bonus/stocks, both with 12 YOE, own a home here with 30% equity. We have 3 very
- Harder to qualify for a mortgage > age 43? Wealthfront's "Path" tool is telling me over age 43 it's harder to qualify for a mortgage but doesn't offer any explanation for why that's the case or what data that's based on. Anyone know if there's truth to this?
- Does Microsoft retain employees during resignation Today (16th Jan, Thursday) I told my manager that I want to resign and that I have an offer from Amazon. I also told him that I am resigning primarily because of monetary benefits I am getting with Amazon. Then he told me: suppose HR wants to retain me, how much more is Amazon offering me. I told hi
- iOS golden cuffs have been an iOS user for a long time and i am bored with my new iPhone. i upgraded from 10 to 11 but it seems like the same phone and same experience. maybe thats apple’s feature but for me it seems like a bug. i want to try one of these fancy android phones. so many to choose from samsung note, p
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!