- FB yearly stock refreshers went up a lot! With the new refreshers, looks like FB is throwing insane amount of $$$. Base also went up substantially. New E5 refresher target is $140k, E6 is $220k, E7 is $480k :/.. My E5 base went up from $192k to $205k...fuck!! TC: $450k, 7 YOE.
- vote Google vs Stripe? which one will you go for 5 years of exp. SSE. TC: 330k
- Got DP hard. Failed onsite. Interviewed at a hot SV startup and got a hard DP. I was able to write recursion but couldn't fill out the memo table. Interviewer didnt care about recursion and told me to memoize. Failed onsite :(. If you are reading this interviewer, hope you get DP on your onsite. TC: $550k, E6
- Ford vs Ferrari movie Just watched the movie, no LC today, best decision I made today. Wat a movie! TC:🍿
- on H1B and not interested in coding anymore folks, need some advice, please help YOE: 10 TC: 200 Got tired of coding some years back. now not interested in picking up serious coding once again. how to survive on H1B? are there less technical roles that qualify for H1B and pay decent? i know tech PM is one but are there any other options in en
- vote Stock market after Bernie 😲 Looks like its going to be Trump vs. Bernie. If that socialist Bernie is our next President, how will the stock market react?
- What would you absolutely recommend I have one day to myself in SFO (first visit). What is one absolute must-see place in SFO?
- Who moved to NYC from Bay Area / Seattle? Was it a good or a bad change? What do you like and dislike the most about NYC?
- vote E4 or E5 suggestions please I am currently at L62 at Microsoft. Yoe : 8+ ( 1+ years at Microsoft, 7 years at non FANG ) Should I go for E4/E5 interview in google or fb? The reason am asking this is to have sure shot rather than missing it because I really want to exit Microsoft as soon as possible because of being burnt out.
- Which IPO are you waiting for? Any good private companies that you’re keeping an eye out for, for their IPO? Personally, I’m waiting for Starlink
- Level of smartness Feeling philosophical today😊 Do you guys also feel that smartness level is same across human race? Success depends more on dedication, hard work ,motivation and of course experience. I have been on both the extreme of smartness I feel. I have been in a top team of icpc regionals and I am sure
- vote Taycan vs Model S? In the market to buy. Should I go for p100d or taycan?
- vote Facebook E5 vs Amazon L6? I’ve been at Amazon less than two years as an L6/SDE3. However, recently responded to a recruiter to interview at FB and received an offer for E5. It seems like a lateral or lower move in scope, despite TC and perks being better. Is it worth the switch? My goal is to grow into the L7/E6 level and
- PM stay at Uber or go to late stage startup Planning to move to NYC because i want to. TC at Uber is ~220k (140k base, 20k bonus, 60k equity yearly). Got an offer from a startup that for 135k base, 10% target bonus, and ~75k equity over 3 years (3 year cliff, which is weird). I would be taking a pay cut esp since the comoany isnt public and e
- do you know her last name yet? Toby, im going to tell you her last name tomorrow because shes going to be screaming it all night tonight shes going to be screaming her own last name? hey...watch it
- Google L7 interview Their recruiter asked me to prepare for 1-2 software architect interview in their onsite loop. Am looking for recommendations on how I should prepare well? any resources, insights appreciated.#google #engineeringmanager #softwarearchitecture
- Facebook phone screen? what questions can I expect from a facebook phone screen? Also, I read online. It's possible to do the screen on-site if you’re a local. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! #facebook
- good book/article to understand IRA/401K? hey, I moved to the USA several years ago and 40+ years old. Still cannot grasp all options about various “retirement” options. I contribute to 401K to max that is possible. But I also want to understand orher options. All articles that I found are pretty fragmental and I cannot get a full picture a
- Programming tutorials for 10 year old boy? Plan to start teaching my 10 year old son coding. Is python the best language? Is there any good materials or tutorials? Thanks.
- Evaluating offers fb e4 vs microsoft l61 fb Menlo park vs msft Seattle? These are the initial offers. fb 155 base 260 stocks msft 129 base 40k stocks 15 joining I am looking for roles in Seattle. I am inclined to join fb but my recruiter is pushing for Menlo park. I will be going through bootcamp. How does team matching happen in fb? Doe
- Moving to Canada worth considering ?? Everyone knows now that being on H1B visa in the US makes life very uncertain with regards to settling down, buying property etc. With no reasonable path to a GC/Citizenship, is it worth looking into Canada as a potential candidate for immigration. I know the TC will take a huge hit and the tech sce
- Promotions at Uber require interviewing Starting this cycle(YE 2019) all promotions at Uber to L5b and above require interviewing with the committee. How do promotions at other companies like G, FB look-like for similar levels ?
- vote Facebookers how many hours do you work weekly? #facebook
- WTF! msft down 3.69% So it has started.
- Leave or not to Leave Tesla Im torn. i got an offer from a midsize company (and no the company is not a big name) for promotion and of course a pay boost. do i leave or do i stay at Tesla? ive been stressing out. i like the big name Tesla because i feel i get respected from my friends and familes vs if i go to the new company
- Another reject LC:225 How are people getting multiple offers when I cant crack even 1. There is always one round every time where I stumble. What worked for you guys??
- Got laid off this week :( I got laid off this week after working here for 3 months. I know it isn’t my fault (70% of our team was let go) but I just moved to the Bay Area for this job. I’ve just been applying but wanted to know if anyone has advice for dealing with these situations and how to get another gig. About me: 3.
- Take SDM opportunity at startup? i tried asking this yesteray with no responses 😕 i am an L5 Sde at amzn and atleast 2 years for L6, i have 8 yoe total and have been the tech lead previously. i really want to move to the management path but not sure if i should jump ship from amzn to a relativey unknown startup? TC - 230k yoe 8
- Why aren't there more tech jobs in Hawaii? I mean I ❤️ this place, I want to move here, but I don't want to be poor. Why, tech gods, have you deprived us of this beautiful existence?
- how many LC per day I’m wondering what’s the optimal number of LC type problems to solve per day to get the most engagment/intuition per problem without burning out for those of you whove prepared for interviews, how long did you prepare for and how many questions did you do per day? also, how did you know you were r
- learning ML AI and Deep learning good resources ? assuming no ML background. TC:230k
- Apple hiring director wants to talk Had a succesful onsite with apple for Software engineer position. Recuriter told the director wants to chat for 30 minutes. what to expect in this call? tc 163k yoe 5
- Hotstar referral for $5 off DM me.
- Best interview feedback you've received I know not all companies do the due diligence to provide interview feedback, those that have recieved it what was the best piece of feedback you've recieved?
- vote Twitter vs Linkedin? Similar level & role, linkedin TC slightly lower! Have recently joined Twitter. Linkedin interview got delayed and by the time had already joined Twitter. Which company is better from a culture, future , benefits perspective? edit: pls add comments on why you chose one over the other.
- Why stocks are going down? why stocks are going down?
- W2 gross income in 2019 People keep messing up calculating their TC especially with RSUs. So let us report TC based on 2019 W2 gross income. Format is TC/total years of experience/level in your company (optional). I will start 400K/11 years.
- Microsoft more productive than Facebook? MSFT total # of employees: 140,000 FB total # of employees: 45,000 Microsoft major products: Office/Office Web Apps, Windows, Azure, Bing, Xbox, Hololens, Visual Studio, and a bunch of enterprise stuff like Dynamics, Teams, SharePoints, etc Facebook major products: FB app, Messenger, Instagram, Wh
- Facebook C++ team in Seattle What are the teams use C++ in development in Facebook at Seattle? TC 180K #facebook
- Blinders, rate my career progression! I wasn't born to elite colleges or elite majors. I fought for stuff and this is what I have today. How am I doing? What should be my next move? T+0: Grad college, started grad school. TC $24-30k. T+5: Finished PhD (Physics). First job TC $90k. T+6: Fucked up work environment. Changed teams. Started
- What are the companies that do team matching after the interviews? I know FB and G matches the team after the candidate passes, but are there any other companies that do this?
- How many yoe are needed to interview E4 at FB? is 1.5yoe possible?
- Diff between Principal Engineer and Principal Scientist @Amazon? What’s the difference between them compensation wise and scope wise? TC 360k
- FB E5 refresh 2020 Did FB bump the base E5 refresh to $135k this year?
- buying in east palo alto thinking of buying a house in east palo alto for proximity to fb. how is the crime there?
- Leveling at Google How does leveling work at Google for new hires? During my interview this didn’t come up at all. I’d like to come in as an L6 which is realistic as I’m currently under leveled at MSFT (at least based on YOE). How are these decisions made and how do I influence them? Also, this is more about TC than
- leetcoding i am unable to solve mediums on my own. most of them have some weird tricks. so i decided to know them all. now i dont waste time trying to solve it myself i just look at solution then code. Who else does this ? is this the right way ? my game plan is after i have seen like 200 questions i will be f
- DS to MLE transition Hi, I was wondering if anybody can share her/his experience moving from a DS ladder to MLE or applied scientist ladder? How did you made the transfer (resources, book/mooc, leetcoding, etc). Also are you more satisfied in your current role? One last question: can you keep your seniority level when
- When to give resign notice? Im planning to leave my job (and company) in 2 month. when should I tell that to my manger? im waiting for a big RSUs and then leave..
- Getting out of tech Anyone exiting tech for other opportunities in generating cash flow?
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!