- vote FB vs Goog Lucky to have cleared intvws at both Google and Facebook. Fb: e5 205/700/15%/85k Goog: HC cleared for L4, had follow up design for L5. They didn't go so well so expecting L4 offer. How close will Google come to match FB e5 comp? My main worry is whether I would be able meet e5 expectations consi
- Facebook Offer, but downleveled I got an offer from Facebook (Menlo Park), ~240k TC. i was expecting L4 but they put me at L3. no room to negotiate higher TC. I have an offer from Amazon for sde 2 with 275k TC. Is it worth being downleveled and going to fb, hoping for a promo within the next year? is that possible? whats the be
- vote Petition to rename Software Engineer title Let's make it reflect reality I hereby call to petition the renaming of our profession to JSON Plumber
- Expedia Layoffs So Expedia Group is laying off three thousand employees (and cutting an unspecified number of contractors) worldwide, and I fail to see how they decide whom to let go. For example, my manager had a long tenure, been a top performer consistently, and been spearheading a major project that continued t
- how to manage more than 5 onsites? I feel exhausted even after the rounds talking to HR. now i cracked 80% of my phone screen, with 4 onsites scheduled. But i feel so tired and hard to get excited. Any advice or experience how you have managed to interview for so many companies but still keep spirit up?
- Google offer evaluation TC $2.6 Million. VP at Youtube. Just kidding guys. SDE1 fantasizing as I power through on call duty in AWS. OVER AND OUT!!
- Follow up Interview by Facebook I had an onsite with Facebook for E5 level. They have requested a follow up telephonic coding interview. How often does it happen ? Just trying to see where i stand. Thanks #facebook #interview #tech
- Prep before joining Facebook I would be joining FB after 2 months as E6. I have mostly worked as backend distributed systems engineer and familiarity with C++, Java. Can existing folks at Facebook give me some pointers to things that I can ramp up so that my transition could be *less bumpy. Thanks in advance for the help ! A
- Stay at FB E6 with 550k or move to Uber Staff? Got Uber Staff offer. E6 making 550k ish. Uber offer is 675K+ TC. $260k base (target: 25% cash bonus) $1.4M RSU $50k sign on. My TC will drop by 50K next year to 500k. 14 YOE, 3.5 at FB.
- How good is the engineering talent at FB? I recently got an offer from FB and several of my friends who moved from Google to FB have commented that there is a vast difference in the quality of engineers at FB compared to other top companies. Not only engineers work longer hours because of the added scrutiny to prove themselves, but they ar
- Is Uber recruiting always this unprofessional? Applied to an SFO senior level marketing job coming from Microsoft because I needed to move to the area. Phone screen, first round with HM, and invite to final round in SFO with a take home assignment sent last week. Last night, I received an automated email saying the team has decided to “move in
- Google Payments vs Ads A recruiter offered me one of 3 product areas where she has headcount: Ads Cloud Platform Payment I've heard many horror stories about the cloud platform, but what about the other 2? Which has better WLB? #google #googleads #payments
- What’s the deal with Stripe? People seem to love this company so much. Is it overhyped?
- vote How much negative did your portfolio go this week? Outside of 401K.
- severely underpaid? was at Facebook for a couple of years post mba in a backend infra ops internal tools team. I have 9 YOE plus mba from a top program and worked in consumer product launches. wanted a foot in the door so took thr offer but the standard MBA package is pretty dismal at fb at 134k 10% bonus target and 75
- L6 Google -> L7 FB manager.. How likely? Currently at Google on the eng management ladder, I manage a 20+ people team including 2 TLM (L5), 2 TL (E6). Strong perf record of Exceeds (EE) & Strong Exceeds (SEE) expectations in past 2 cycle. Expecting SEE in current cycle as well. 90+ people manager review (PMR) scores. Promotion to L7 (in n
- FB offer evaluation Currently at MSFT: L61 TC: ~240k YOE: 2 FB offer: L4 Base: 160k (+10% target bonus) Equity: 350k over 4 Signing: 30k TC excl signing: ~260k Not sure if this is worth it honestly. Pretty lateral move, minor bump in TC. I think FB benefits aren't as good (thinking of 401k and ESPP), and WLB might b
- Lunch interview I was told that it will be a casual talk during the lunch interview and later just 5 minutes before the alloted time I was asked a design question. It was a noisy restaurent. While I was talking through my design idea we had to walk back to the office. is this mormal?
- vote Have you ever been biased in your hiring? ?
- What % of wealth should be invested vs savings ? Hi.. I am 34 , no kids and have around $300K of net worth out of which $120K is in 401K, $100K in individual stocks and bonds and $70K in saving account. As the market continues to go down wondering if I should buy the dip on another 10% drop or if I am overly invested already. No immediate plans
- Pressure from manager As a manager, how much pressure should you be putting on your directs to get more done? My manager as of late has often and openly been saying and putting lots of pressure on us to get more things done because "other teams are getting things done quickly and we don't want to slow them down". Also th
- Has anyone switched jobs while there PERM process was underway? My perm has started by I-140 hasnt. Would I need to restart?
- Got DP hard. Failed onsite. Interviewed at a hot SV startup and got a hard DP. I was able to write recursion but couldn't fill out the memo table. Interviewer didnt care about recursion and told me to memoize. Failed onsite :(. If you are reading this interviewer, hope you get DP on your onsite. TC: $550k, E6
- Resume importance after getting an interview? New grad. Is your resume ever used last the point of getting a coding screen interview or not? I imagine your in person interviews will review it and use it for conversation. But have you ever seen a hire/no hire decision come back to resume or is it all what happens in the actual in person interviews? This
- DM me for referrals to Expedia Come join us for our All Life, No Work culture. We’ve got an amazing new campus and plenty of great benefits! Just kidding, Barry Diller will probably give you the ax randomly TC: way below median in Seattle
- Feeling like my career is plateaued here Feeling stuck as I feel my career has been plateauing with dininishing growth opportuties both internally and externally. Need advice on how to fix this and advance my career. TC - 450k, 12yoe
- System design tips for engineer without SW background? Hey folks, I’m seeking career advice. First of all, I don’t come from a CS background, although I did take a few programming courses in college (BS in Electrical Engineering, ‘16). I have held two roles at my company - first one was purely hardware (in verification) and the second one is more softwa
- vote Transitioning to Product with Pay Cut 1. Does it make sense to move from a support management to a Product Owner role with a 30% pay cut if you want to learn and become a Product Manager long term? 2. Are Product Owners effective while working remote with team not next to you? TC:$147k yoe: 5
- vote If Google or FB had the same (lack of) perks as Amazon, and 50-60 hr work weeks same pay, products, and infra. where would you want to work. I feel like this could be a possibility during the downturn.
- link interviewing.io no availabilities? is it just me or is there never any availabilites on interviewing.io for mock interviews?
- link coronavirus of unknown origin - north california where ???? https://apple.news/ANQM2_o38QDe0e7AcS_L_6A
- TPM salary L6 Facebook I got an offer from Facebook L6 TPM. How much salary can I expect ? YOE 12 years.
- FAANG position filled but interview was good just found out the position i interviewed for was filled. the recruiter said my interview was really good and that they can circle back to me in a few weeks if another similar position opens up. my question is: has anyone ever ended up getting a job this way? i guess im wondering if it was a polite
- FB yearly stock refreshers went up a lot! With the new refreshers, looks like FB is throwing insane amount of $$$. Base also went up substantially. New E5 refresher target is $140k, E6 is $220k, E7 is $480k :/.. My E5 base went up from $192k to $205k...fuck!! TC: $450k, 7 YOE.
- China folks: any idea how bad is Corona virus? Any estimates of how many people died? Or any stories of the magnitude from back home?
- Distributed System Design Workshop I am a senior engineering leader at one of the FANG companies with a vast experience in designing distributed systems that support millions of requests per second. Having interviewed 1000+ candidates over past 15 years, I have observed that many candidates, even though they are strong in Data Struc
- vote how do you dress for interviews? on this interview coming up thinking on doing chinos with short sleeve shirt
- Stocks to buy on dip With many stocks available on discount, any suggestions for great buys ?
- non-comp negotiation what are some recs to negotiate beyond comp?
- Coronavirus: what are your company's policies regarding Coronavirus? any offices shutdown? travel restrictions? certain employees quarantined? key company meetings or events canceled?
- Data Scientists - How your day to day looks like? Given the definition of a Data Scientist varies company by company, I wonder how DSs day to day look like in different companies? Can you share what percentage of your week goes to each bucket: - ETL - EDA and insight generation - Meetings and presentation - Experimentation (AB testing, metrics dev
- Indeed SWE-SRE I interview Does anyone know what kind of questions I can expect in a SWE-SRE interview at Indeed? LC difficulty? Any system design? Thanks! #indeed #google
- getting excited for the future How do you stay excited for life? Or it more about just making peace and being content with what you have? I have a lot and I am grateful — friends, family, a job that pays well albeit stressful. I feel disappointed in my (lack) of love life and physical body, but its been this way for so long I’m
- vote senior/staff/distinguished engineer interviews In your experience of interviewing for Senior/Staff/Distinguished engineer roles, how much of the interview is actually CS basics (sorting, dynamic programming) etc vs system design vs domain specific? i havent interviewed for the last 7 years, so im trying to figure out how different an interview f
- Google joining date negotiation I have been interviewing with Google for a TPM role. Got offered. the role expectations & hike (post negotiations) looks good. I am being asked to join in next 30 days, stating that generally 2weeks of notice is given on the offer. while i know i can stretch the 30 days a bit (say 45-50 days), i am
- Revenue impact due to Covid 19 Obviously Apple got a big impact. What about others? Netflix might have more viewers? What about ads revenues of Google and Facebook?
- Microsoft Email Screening Interview!? A recruiter contacted me from Microsoft for a SDE 2 position. He is asking me multiple behavioral questions on the first email after a brief introduction. I feel like he is not even bothered to make a human interaction with a short chat on the phone. I would expect something like a short phone call
- Thinking of selling my house Don't want to pay 5 or 6 percent brokerage. Shoprop can help with a flat fee. The market price is around 1.5m. Had anyone tried finding a buyer in their company or on blind. What are the pros and cons?
- Need advice on offer nego TC 280k Recruiter called to discuss an offer and pushed me to give an answer tomorrow morning. She knows I have other interviews ongoing Friday and next week so guessing she wants me to close without holding other offers? what would you advise to say to buy more time or nego for more? offered TC 33
- interview question help: why leave Amazon for Microsoft I am a product manager. Can you pls help me with my Answer: I have been able to stretch myself and deliver a lot at Amazon. However, everyday night calls with India are taking a toll on the family and multiple reorgs / manager changes are not allowing me to grow. Can you please help fine tune my a
This page is only accessible by
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!
employees from specific companies.
Please sign in to find out if you have access!