- Amazon Background check coming up. Have inconsistencies in my resume. Hi I need advice on how to navigate this issue. I have recently gotten a job offer for CSE role at aws (I would be relocating to a different country for the role). I have 5 job experiences listed on my resume. However I have 2 half truths on the earliest experiences at the beginning of my career. To
- link Who lived through first Dot Com Bubble? Any stories to tell? Just reading through Boo Hoo, a book written in 2001, illustrating the largesse of e-commerce startup Boo.com and how they spent $170m in less than two years most of it just to launch their first website. Also watched startup.com a few years ago (https://youtu.be/ibuiUXOTE4M). As a two time startu
- Prioritizing career growth vs other ventures Im 22yo, SDE, 150 TC. I'm trying to seek advice on what to prioritize what I should focus on for 2019. Anyone with experience doing the following while working fulltime and be willing to share their experience in how they did it: Leetcoding and ML interview prepping: Ive been working fulltime for
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Visa approvals for tech workers are on the decline. That won’t just hurt Silicon Valley. Outsourcing and consulting firms — which provide IT services for companies whose main business isn’t tech, and which tend to rely more heavily on H-1B visas as a share of their overall workforces — have received the brunt of the decline in approvals. The situation isn’t as bad for the biggest tech c
- AWS - Being an AWS employee and an AWS partner, at the same time. Having a little trouble trying to beat my ethics here. My company is an AWS partner, and I'm afraid of answering to Amazon emails (i.e. account manager ). Since it's a small company, no one else have the expertise or tech knowledge in order to get involved with AWS topics with customers, other tha
- Where to go in the Cloud era? So where is a sysadmin who loves hardware, breakfixes servers for fun, etc, supposed to go in the new era of hardware outsourcing? My current day to day of poking cloud servers in aws/azure with a virtual stick is depressing. I miss the big iron. I have an emotional support half rack in my living r