- Weird Facebook product/system design question Interviewed with facebook a while ago and had a pretty weird experience. Was asked to design a type ahead suggestion for google search. It was a product design interview , not system design. Came up with a trie, computed via map reduce periodically over 1 hour(configurable), frontend implementatio
- Since we're on the subject of Google... Let me start by saying I in NO way want to or intend to discuss the manifesto fiasco. But what I do find strange about the whole thing is how Google jumped to be a knight in shining armor to the sensitivity and well being of employees when, in my first hand experience, they have some of the most su
- Hey Google, FU for removing the logout option from latest YouTube app. This is a sign that engineers are no longer in control at Google.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Google/ YouTube senior iOS engineer onsite Have an onsite coming up for a senior iOS engineer position. What kind of DS/ algo questions to expect? LC- Med? Do they also ask iOS specific problems to whiteboard? What kind of questions are asked in system design? Design gmail/ YouTube iOS app? Appreciate the pointers.
- How USCIS use social media info for VISA? This is annoying because it’s interfere the privacy! And I can’t imagine this could happen in US, which claims itself as country with freedom of speech. But curious practically how this would work? I gave USCIS the name of my Facebook, reddit, YouTube. Then what will they do? I can only think that
- Now that Amazon Prime and Google Chromecast are friends, how to decide between Fire TV stick and Chromecast? Now with YouTube App is back on Fire TV and Amazon Prime Video is made available on Chromecast, how to decide between Fire TV stick and Chromecast? which is better?
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- link Verizon officially dumps the Oath name for its media group https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/verizon-officially-dumps-oath-name-for-its-media-group?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpGbVpERmhaamszTXpRMSIsInQiOiJWV01nd2pHaW51XC9DdWc1S1FqYWh5WEVWXC96QTNHR0dFUUFicFN1OWhKWHQ5WmFETXl1dzloZXBHVHdJV0tldFBBaDd1R3BYUFBFNWM4TE91XC93NGNwY0xrNFpVYVcyQWpBeldJUFROSDMzTGR1eldNV2xza2pNTHp
- How easy is it to move to a team you’re interested in at FB or Google? For new grads, I think they put you on a random ass team which can most of the time be something related to internal tools or ads. How hard would it be to move to something that’s popular like Instagram or messenger app teams at FB within your first year there? What about YouTube, maps, or Drive at
- Free Yoga sessions App or on Youtube? New Year New Resolution kind of thing, but is dang serious this time. Any serious recommended Youtube 'yoga daily' channels or free apps for beginner and can stick to it for a long time? TC: below poverty line
- apps or browser for desktop do folks like using browser tabs for sites like fb, messenger, whatsapp, Twitter, Amazon, YouTube, Gmail etc or prefer apps. I prefer apps, I like being able to share to/from an app, notifications, individual icons on Taskbar ( always one click away to finding the content I need) even advanced fea
- How do karaoke apps like smule deal with song licenses? The sing app is really popular and people are able to upload licensed copyrighted songs. How are they getting around this legally? Even when people upload covers on YouTube, is this legally ok? I’m curious how music app creators who do not have a lot of capital get around this?
- OTT (ie AppleTV) ad-based entertainment app shadiness There's a pattern emerging that I need to validate with others. Ad-based video apps seem to have a tendency to continue running when the tv is turned off. Apps that I've observed behaving this way: Crackle (most frequent) YouTube (infrequently) FoxNow (frequent) iTunes (never. Point of reference)