- link Microsoft L61 offer Redmond YOE: 6 + Masters With my YOE, I was hoping for L62 or even an L63. But it is what it is. After some negotiation, these are the numbers I have. Microsoft Cloud + AI Core Platform, Redmond L61 (Offer letter doesn't mention this, though. It's what the recruiter says.) Base: 135K Signing bonus: 40K RS
- Did we pay double tax on ESPP at Microsoft? Microsoft folks, I used to work at Microsoft from 2015-2018. I want to know if Microsoft used to tax the discount portion of ESPP? Sadly i didnt save all my payslips and this year i am going to sell most of my qualifying dispositions. Fidelity is going to tax the discount portion of ESPP.
- Microsoft's total compensation is not that shitty Microsoft is giving a lot of valuable benefits which will add into the package. 1. Help with green card no matter which level of you. 2. Good family medical insurance. This is super important for family with kids. 3. 401k ESPP. 4. Sick Leave, Work from home, Vocations etc. 5. Good work life balance
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Would you switch from Microsoft to Amazon? Currently at Microsoft and have an offer from Amazon. Its ~20% above(I have factored in 401K, espp already and after that I am getting a 20% hike) than what I currently make. Team and work sound interesting. But I have been hearing a lot lately about bad Amazon culture. I know it depends on the team
- What Microsoft benefits do you lose at Amazon? When comparing offers, benefits make things less black and white. Microsoft has great benefits that are easy to overlook when a big signing bonus offer is made, but that’s a long term benefit whereas the immediately available benefits can really impact life starting on Day 1. Sounds like Microsoft
- As a girl in tech: Which would you pick? Why? A biotech startup company that IPO'd based in Newport Beach, CA. Would be a director, but no one would have heard of this company. But higher potential for this stock to grow because the product is based on FDA approval, which I (insider) know will pass. Work on the beach. Sunny all the time. Traff
- MIcrosoft ESPP What’s the ESPP policy at Microsoft? I know it’s 10% discount for upto 25k$ max contribution. Is that it or is there any other clause that determines grant price ? For example, some companies have minimum of start and end days in a 6 month period etc.
- Max out ESPP? I just joined linkedin. I have max 15% per pay period espp option for microsoft share. Do you recommend maxing it out? Any opinion on microsoft shares?
- Frugality at Amazon There has been so much talked about frugality at Amazon. Trying to size up the perks that you miss there compared to Microsoft. The 401k and espp are two big items I noticed. About $10k net impact annual. Swags have dried up at even Microsoft, but that is not worth more than a couple of hundred
- Microsoft joining date ? Hi, I am thinking to join August mid, but just realized if I stay in my current company till December I will get around 20k. Is it worth waiting ? I am worried about the review cycle, espp at Microsoft. Afraid if I will miss those if I wait till December. What are advantages and disadvantages of w
- Lyft PM T6/M1 offer expectation Sorry for yet another comp expectation post but I did not find anything relevant so posting it here. I need to get back with my comp expectation for Lyft PM T6/M1 role at SF. Current job and comp: Senior PM @ Microsoft. Redmond, WA. 8+ years exp. BS in CS and MBA. $185k (base + bonus), $30k in stoc
- Does Microsoft match ESPP contributions? Yet another MSFT benefits question. Somewhere in the benefits website says that if you max out ESPP, i.e. contributing %15 of base, Microsoft may contribute $2500. Is this a lie? I don't see anyone mentioning it, or anywhere else in plan descriptions.
- How to manage stocks and ESPP? Experienced folks, can someone provide ideas on how to manage stocks and espp? Currently I’ve about 20% of my earning in microsoft stock and I know it’s bad. I want to diversify. Work exp 1.5 years I’d love to know about the selling strategies (when should I sell espp- as soon as it vests?) Also,
- Transfer 401k and espp shares How do I transfer my 401k and ESPP msft shares while moving from Microsoft to Facebook ?
- vote Total Comp for new grad joined 2016 - 1st four years I keep seeing people ranting over their tc at microsoft. Mostly senior people. So I was wondering if I am also being underpaid as compared to market or not. Here are my details: Base - ~110k Bonus I got after 1st year - 10% base Stock refresh - $3k to vest in 5 years Joining bonus - 15k + 5k after
- 4 years total comp - Lead / Manager/ Senior Manager Assuming 4 years is a decent time to stay in one job.. Total package: Location: SV Sign on cash - 0 Sign on stocks - 0 Base - 180 - 220k Bonus - 20% yearly RSUs - 0 - 40k based on performance. 3 year vesting 401k - 10% ESPP - Yes at 15% discount 4 years total - 1.2M to 1.3M approximately From s
- Paycheck after leaving MSFT For those who left Microsoft, did you receive two separate final checks? (1 for regular payroll and the other for ESPP refund) and was the pay stub mailed to you?