- Google hiring bias Genuine question - Google definitely has/can have models which can easily identify me as a liberal or conservative (based on YouTube and searches). Is there any kind of bias involved in internal recruiting system to auto-reject or suppress conservative culture applicants? Asking this because I am
- Facebook culture much better than google Seems Facebook rewards people in a more objective and timely fashion, unlike google it also manages out low performances. I feel that’s a good thing. I have seen lots of people in google are just enjoying the life without doing anything useful for the company. That probably explains why google is fa
- My bonus this year was a box with a doily in it Recently joined a new startup. The CEO is super energized and friendly. He keeps telling us it’s all about merit. Big rewards. This is why I joined in the first place. So been in the new company about 6 months. Was told we’d be getting a bonus. Didn’t hear much about it. Got home on Friday and ther
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- [Question] offer decision between DevRel and PM Hi all, I am looking for some advice of offer decision from experienced PMs. Background: developer(7y; embedded systems and backend)/data scientist (2y)/technical PM(1y) Option 1: developer relationship manager / Nvidia TC: X Pros: focus on AI/ML, customer-facing role with Top leading customer,
- is the start up I'm working for meant to fail? So I've been working as a software dev in Seattle for this start up for over a year now, but we started with very little funding ($100k) for a team of 10+ people, but the thing is that the company if willing could have multiplied the funding 5 times. as you could expect I don't make that much (I st
- Rehire in Microsoft I didn't get any rewards in my last annual rating. Immediately after ratings I joined new team... continued for 5-6 months..did reasonably well ( as per interactions with Ssem) in the new team. Then I joined a new company. Am curious if my last recorded annual rating of no rewards would mean a no-
- World of Warcraft XP style management Just an idea came to my mind today. A management system that rewards you in your work the same as you are rewarded with xp and gold in WoW. You would have different levels in different areas and can pick any tasks from any project at the company if your level is close enough on the required fie
- link Predictions for Changes At Uber I’m a Dara believer. I suspect with his experience and travel chops, Uber will finally introduce a proper loyalty and rewards program, they’ll improve their terrible, over-designed mobile app, and create tighter app and business integrations for travel, dining, and hotels, as a company like Pricelin
- Multiple Referrals I wanted to ask a question - Multiple people I know well want to refer me to the same company (Google). If multiple people refer me, who gets the rewards, and do the later referrals (after the first) count for anything? Would it give me a boost in the interviewing phase? Thanks!
- What do stock grants look like for annual rewards at your company? A common complaint I see is that MS stock grants are pitiful, for level 59 (SDE I) the max that can be awarded is 6k, and the cap increases with level. Is it the same as other companies?