- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Should I accept this offer? I was just recently offered a position of Software Engineer with the Yahoo Mail team doing Android development in Kotlin in Sunnyvale, CA. And I’m slated to start in early January. Today is actually the last day for me to accept it as I was given the official offer two days ago and they said it expi
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- OT vs Yelp Have two offers on the table and am having some trouble picking between them. Opentable and Yelp. Compensation is about the same for both. 130k base + 12% target + 40k/3 in stock with a 15k sign on for opentable. Same base, no year end bonus, 120k/4 and a 10k sign on for Yelp The team and job soun
- Choosing between Yelp and Gocardless I am considering switching jobs and I have two offers that I am considering right now. Offer 1 : Gocardless, London ( 85k GBP base + relocation + stock options worth around 52k GBP ) Offer 2 : Yelp, Hamburg ( 80k euro base + relocation -> better than above + 150k worth of stocks ) I am having a h
- Evaluating offers Posting for a friend who's trying to decide between multiple offers. The position at Facebook is Data Engineer and still open for negotiation, while the rest are SDE1s and fully negotiated. He's currently inclined towards FB, but not entirely sure. What's the best place for someone who's just starti
- Elon Musk: what is wrong with this guy? Why Elon Musk is acting crazy? TSLA stock is down and Model 3 is not as good as it should be. He was supposed to be next Steve Job. Steve jobs was jerk for some but he was never whining bitch like Elon. Dude wants to start ratings websites for media( yelp for media). Don’t we have media companies
- Yelp compensation false promises Yelp tells candidates they have a different compensation Structure where after a year you could get a stock refresh up to 50% of your initial offer. However this is FALSE! Myself and other employees have found that by the end of the year, even if you hit your goals and objectives, hr will give you w
- Optimizely v/s Yelp I recently received an offer from Yelp to join as a software engineer and work on search related problems. I also managed to get an offer from Optimizely from their Data Infrastructure team as a distributed systems engineer. Yelp has given out an initial comp package as 120k base and 115k RSUs over
- link Yelpers! How you feelin?! https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/03/yelp-is-offloading-eat24-to-grubhub-for-287-5m-and-the-stock-is-skyrocketing/
- Offer evaluation/negotiation On behalf of a friend: I have offers from Yelp and Pinterest. I have a Bachelors degree and 1.5 years of experience. My offer is below: Yelp: IC2 Base: 130k Stock: 125k over 4 years Signing bonus: 25k Annual bonus: Don't think they have, not sure about refreshers Pinterest: L4 Base: 150k Stock: 3
- Phoenix area, trying to get in somewhere that’s not a call center. Without a bachelor’s, it’s so hard to get in anywhere. I’ve been passed up by Yelp, Ziprecruiter, T&N, all because I don’t have a degree. I come from a small area back east, so having the 5+ years of experience isn’t gonna cut it either. Any tips or pointers for getting in somewhere as basically a
- Good time to buy yelp stock? Earnings were good but the stock is down. Goos time to buy?