- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- link Another data point on industry hire in the bay ..great read :) Found this post on Reddit and seems really helpful . Just posting it here . ————///——————///——————///——/ Hi everyone, I just went through a round of interviews and wanted to share a data point. I wanted to share some interview tips that you may not have seen before. I'll also answer questions in A
- Sys Design: Routing to appt. Data Center I’m wondering what part of a system routes a user to an appropriate data center. Take for example a user uploads a video on Facebook somewhere in Malaysia. I’m sure this would end up on a data server in Asia initially. But how does it get routed there? Is this a task done by a load balancer? And las
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Applying backend engineer position without experience I’m wondering Airbnb only hire backend engineers with exactly matched experience. Actually, I just got rejected from another unicorn company. The recruiter told me I did coding and system design interviews well but the hiring manager concerned that I don’t have any backend server or distributed exp
- Regarding job referral request I have 2 1/2 years of Server-side software development experience. Worked on ML, NLU/NLP space. Completed Masters CS from a Top University. I have currently an offer in hand and Interviewing with other Companies. Can anyone put a referral word to the following companies about me? -Facebo