- Urgent: Need referral for IT jobs for a friend Hey All, I am posting this on behalf of my friend. She is looking for a job in software development/testing in USA. She is currently on PIP and has around 1.5 months to find another job. She is on H1b visa. It would be great if you can refer her at your organization. She has around five years of ex
- H4 EAD any good? I'm about to get H4 EAD this week. Not sure if it's still possible to find a decent job in tech industry. I'm an Android dev and not sure if I can find something in Seattle. What would you do if you were me? Any out of the box ideas?
- Find a job through recruiter vs on your own I get a pm in my linked in message box every other day or so from a recruiter talking about “amazing opportunities”. When I will be searching for a new job, is it better to go with them or on your own? How does this recruiting agencies work?
- Any single mooc that teaches the following? I am looking for a single mooc course not a specialization that I can use to learn the following: Linear regression Time series model Box plots SQl of data analysis . I have around 2 weeks to know all this and apply on the job . Any help is greatly appreciated .
- Travel after h1b transfer is filed Is it ok to travel out of country after h1b transfer is filed? Has anyone done this? I have to get stamping on my current h1, if a new h1 transfer request is in process, will that effect my current h1 visa stamping? I plan to do visa through drop box btw..no visa interview..had enough of that. I h
- Need referrals Hello blinders, I am a software engineer with 10+ years of experience. I am entering the job market and have been preparing for interviews. As part of prep, I have done close to 300 leetcode problems( mostly medium and hard), read system design, and took a bunch of mock interviews as well as actua
- I want a raise When I got my job, I was estatic. In fact, I love what I do and consider my current job fun. I do the same stuff at home on the weekend as a hobby lol. But I'm noticing many similar positions at Google, Facebook, etc... Pay about 30k/yr more. I've have worked at both FB & Google for different roles
- vote 8+ hour take home “coding challenge” 😩 for the box internship they assigned a project to make a game which at the minimum takes 8 hours because of the amount of requirements. this was after the 2 or 3 hr hackerrank we passed. and its for an internship...didnt even start it and probably not going to since i already got better offers. neve
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- link Translating your PM title Hi Blinders. A friend and I are talking about leaving Microsoft for higher growth pastures. She’s a Program Manager/PM at Microsoft. Her role fits Product Manager roles at typical tech companies. But when she applied to Product Manager roles, recruiters want her to instead interview for Program Man
- Zoinks! Gf opened the idea of open relationship So here is some background, I work in US and she lives in Italy. We met in 2017 while I was there and eventually started dating. Then I left for US later that year and since then we see each other for a week or two every 3-4 months in different locations. Today she said something along the lines th
- What would a fair merit based system look like? I think most points systems get "merit" very wrong and equate it to things that often signal a lack of merit. Like they give points for master's without considering which school and wind up rewarding people who go to dodgy online schools to tick that box. When I'm reviewing resumes I consider such
- State of tech Interviews Interviewing rant: I have been interviewing for the last month onsite at all type of places. (3 a week for the last 3 weeks) This is the first time I really interview in the last 5 years. And over the last month my skills as a real day to day coder went down but my skills at interviewing went up.
- RAISE Act is not merit and would cause problems People are already enrolling in graduate degrees they don't need or want just to tick a box on an immigration form and get themselves classified EB1 or EB2. These are people who have no interest in becoming researchers and are primarily only interested in an immigration benefit. They wind up in jobs