- Dilemma: Marry or not? Am I ready? Need advice on a dilemma. This girl and I dated for 3 years and I love her. I believe she genuinely likes me to stay with me, and tolerate me She has a visa issue and needs a marriage to someone with US residence to work in US. She mentioned this to me 2 months into the relationship, and the naive
- Austin Housing Market - Buy or Hold? I’m moving from Bay to Austin end of this month. 1. I’m on H1B with I-140 approved, but whole process from PERM will be reapplied post amendment. Haven’t had any issues with visa transfers, extensions in the past for my skill set / profile however anything is possible in future! 2. I have enough s
- Planning a second mortgage I am planning to buy a house which will be my second one. I stay in south San Jose and have a condo. My monthly payment towards this house is roughly 3k(mortgage +property tax+Hoa). Will rent it out and expecting rent around 2.5 to 3k. Second property that I am considering is close to 800k. I see th
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Why h1b doesn’t have country cap, but green card does? How come the H1B visa doesn’t have country cap while the green card does? Does that mean the US wants to use talent regardless country of birth but turns unfair when giving people residence ? I have heard already heard the answer “Oh h1b visa is a temp VISA we don’t need diversity there “. That’s
- Canada visitor visa rejected Applied for Canada visitor visa , got rejected stating no proof of us residence ( have provided visas ) and based on para 172(b) . They stated based on the reason for travel they feel I won’t leave Canada . In US , living here for 10 years ( on H1b still have 10 months for a renewal ) , kid is US
- Cross-National Marriages with Visa Uncertainty in the US I'm one of the many folks here on an H-1B and have fallen for a girl who doesn't belong to my nationality and is on the same visa. My home is India, hers China. We both won't get permanent residence in the US forever because of the backlog for both Indian and Chinese nationals. In this situation, it
- What to do before moving to Canada? Brief story first, the questions begin after the Canada flag emoji so scroll down. Indian citizen, don’t see the point being on a temporary status the rest of my life, being one misfortune or employment screwup away from losing status, and being an un-free person in a generally free country for the
- L1 visa stamp only has 1 year validity I just collect my L1 visa. The stamp has only one year validity but my I-129S form has 3 years validity. Is this normal? Do I suppose to exchange the visa stamp to kind of residence card once I arrive US? Thx
- Has anyone applied for GC while on TN? I know that TN is not dual-intent. However, some websites suggest that it is possible to apply for a GC while working on a TN visa. http://www.prizant-law.com/tn-visa-professionals-and-applications-for-lawful-permanent-residence-green-cards/ Has anyone tried this? Were you successful or not?
- How to become an entrepreneur in residence on a visa ? Same as title. Has anyone done it and can they share their experience?