- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- Breaking the system design enigma I got reject from Facebook, Uber, & LinkedIn. Got same feedback from all - overall very positive, coding very strong but system design/architecture skills should be improved. I am a full stack engineer but most of the work I have done is in front end. The system design knowledge I have is obtained b
- link Another data point on industry hire in the bay ..great read :) Found this post on Reddit and seems really helpful . Just posting it here . ————///——————///——————///——/ Hi everyone, I just went through a round of interviews and wanted to share a data point. I wanted to share some interview tips that you may not have seen before. I'll also answer questions in A
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- Co-worker who blew you away with their technical skills? I work at a startup and we hired a new grad a few months ago. This kid may lack experience but as far as his coding, design and architecture skills are concerned, he is better if not at par with staff and senior level engineers. It's almost awkward at times when he correctly identifies flaws in desi
- vote Facebook vs Google vs Uber Assume the salaries are more or less equal. Which one would you suggest: Uber SWE 2 / Facebook E4 / Google L4 (all three in San Francisco)? Please explain your answers. I have a Ph.D. in CS and 3 YOE. I like software development and research. Also, architecture design but I'm not an expert in that.
- Interview tips for System design I have an onsite interview for facebook in couple of days. How is the system design round for Android Engineer. I have experience working in client side of app. I have bought grokking system design course, Is there any prep material specific to Android client side app architecture, like downloading
- Emdedded software to generalist engineer I have 12 YOE as an embedded software engineer. I know C only and never developed with anything else. I am currently an SDE 2 in Amazon and got on site interview at Facebook for E5 position. I checked the design interview and damn lol... I am screwed :). Load balancing, sharding, back end vertical
- Should I be a TPM or a PM? I'm currently a Dev at Microsoft, top rewards and visible projects on cloud. I'm getting my MBA in a couple weeks, and I want to use it to get into Google (or Facebook). I used to love coding, but now I want to focus on the bigger picture (system design, influence architecture, tech objectives, cus
- Facebook security engineer interview How should I prepare for security engineer interview at Facebook? Is there anything that I can expect leetcode questions? If my background is more focused on architecture and design based with Info security governance. Please suggest me.
- Engineering Manager interview at Facebook Can anybody share recent interview experience for Engineering Manager(M1) at Facebook ? I got email from Facebook that there will be 2 design, 1 coding, 1 people management and 2 project retrospective rounds? Need tips here for preparation overall and very specific to coding, design & architecture r
- Question about managing technical teams at Facebook Hi I want to ask our blind community for some of the effective ways they use to manage their technical teams , ML teams specifically . As a Facebook , LinkedIn or google managers who really feel they are making a difference and helping their teams achieve something greater . How do you set the teams
- How to prepare for System Design Interviews for iOS Developer I have two system design interviews coming up over the next month. One with twitter and one with facebook. I've never done a SDI. I've looked over Grokking the System Design Interview and I wonder if most of what it's talking about would ever be expected of a iOS Developer. I know someone that inte
- Embedded Specialist looking to move Asking for an acquaintance. He's currently a senior manager at a major hardware (tooling) company, leading a couple teams (and managers). ~4 years there, with almost 20 years before that as an IC (with some lead positions) firmware/embedded software engineer at various places. Basically an expert
- link Applying to Amazon NYC position What's a good Amazon position in nyc to apply to for a mid level person whose main experience is c++ and Linux? I'm not too familiar with amazon levels, but it would be like Facebook e5. I saw this one: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/688968/senior-software-development-engineer Looks okay, just so
- FB software developer interview and design questions I have an interview scheduled with Facebook and one round will be on design/architecture. Can someone tell me what topics n questions should I cover for this? Is there a book recommended?
- Choosing the right career? I'm presently doing test development and post silicon manufacturing debug in the DFX team at intel. I have an offer to go to the firmware team,altera. I'm concerned about my career path to move later being a firmware engineer. I know that I can move into systems engineer at many companies like Apple