- Hold out for new macbook? I’m a regular linux user. My online masters will require exams be done on windows or mac. I have wanted a macbook pro for a while now but have heard rumors that the next iterration may have a 16inch screen. Apple people- without saying anything specific that could get you in trouble, should i hold
- Is MSFT Going to Fix Their Windows Update Problem? I've never had issues with Windows Update until last year when it nearly killed my PC. I now have a Windows and Linux machine - One with all my important stuff (linux) and the other for gaming (windows). I'm absolutely terrified every time I see a new windows update, and after nearly losing years
- vote Thoughts on Apple vs Amazon I am a new grad from top 30 cs schools in US. I currently have 2 offers from Amazon AWS and Apple. Would love to hear your insights. Apple- Role: Devops Tech: Python, Ruby, bash, CI CD pipelines mainly jenkins Pay: 140/110/20 - base/stockworth/joining in thousands Location: Cupertino Amazon AWS Ro
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What to expect for DevOps interview at Apple? got an onsite with Apple next week, all I know is that I will be chatting with 6 individuals. Can anyone provide some hints/tips on how to prepare? Do they ask algorithm questions (i did 200 leetcode)? Will they ask system design like in the dev interview? Since DevOps is really broad, what else sh
- Microsoft Windows SubSystem for Linux (a shameful failure) Microsoft is a billion dollar company and yet they manage to disappoint in each an everything they do. it seems mediocrity runs deep in he blood of MS employees. Now if anyone has used a MAC you will realize that MAC wins over developers just by their terminal. The shell of MAC is just beautifull
- Does Apple allow Linux on work computers? Would that create problems with internal tools? Starting soon and Id like to know what to expect. Thanks
- Apple SRE new grad onsite interview What can I expect for my new grad SRE onsite interview with apple? I’ve always interviewed for regular SDE positions and a little worried for my SRE interview. Will it be heavily focused on troubleshooting, linux and networking? Or more towards regular coding questions? Any advice or tips would he
- Career path of a release engineer Hello, I am a build and release engineer at Apple, soon to be at Google. I have been in this field for 5 years now. Just wondering what are usually the paths for a person in my field? What is the highest point i can reach in my career? I am good with automation, CI/CD, SCM, Linux, writing tools etc.
- MS peeps. Does win10 "pro" have a product manager? Or anyone with vision behind it? I realize pro doesn't guarantee a specific level of functionality, but broken vlan tagging with Intel drivers for over a year? Exponential chance of BSOD with anything above 4-5 gpus? If it doesn't do enterprise networking and it doesn't do stable cuda compute, what... Would you say it does? Bind t
- Computer forensics Dev/Coding skills? Asking for a friend, does anyone know what a good skill set around coding would be in regards to computer forensics? My initial input was it sort of depends on the System you forsee your self working with, and mentioned that for Windows C#/Powershell are likely to be your primary tools. For Apple/